Clear All

• Re: 2017 MLB Season - The Goat Memorial Thread

No
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Rob Manfred was on the Braves TV broadcast for an inning. One of the most striking comments? He's open to realignment. More East vs West to reduce travel in the post season. Also kicking around doing away with the American League and National Leagues as they are.
      He can DIAF. There is a point I'll just give up. It sounds like Manfred won't be happy until baseball is played 5x5 with a hoop.

This isn't football or hockey where the conferences are arbitrary and well within an old fan's lifetime. "MLB" itself is a novelty that we should think about scrapping. Go back to two separate leagues with completely separate organizations, meeting once and only once in the WS.

MLB is destroying its own traditions, and that's all baseball is.
      Last edited by Kepler; 04-15-2017, 02:49 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        He can DIAF. There is a point I'll just give up. It sounds like Manfred won't be happy until baseball is played 5x5 with a hoop.

This isn't football or hockey where the conferences are arbitrary and well within an old fan's lifetime. "MLB" itself is a novelty that we should think about scrapping. Go back to two separate leagues with completely separate organizations, meeting once and only once in the WS.

But baseball needs new fans and you don't get young fans by doing things that mattered in the 50s. Baseball needs to adapt, it's too boring and slow especially to someone who didn't grow up with all these hallowed traditions.

For me, going to Twins games as a kid was great. Now that I live nowhere near MN, I'll go to the occasional Rockies game but just to be outside and relax for a while not because baseball and its traditions are so great.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

100% agree. I watch baseball and have season tickets because of the traditions and quirks. It's a great way to spend an afternoon outside.

If this dickwad throws all of that to the wind because a bunch of moron kids want scores of 100-95 or can't pay attention for more than 140 characters, then he can DIAF.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
            But baseball needs new fans and you don't get young fans by doing things that mattered in the 50s. Baseball needs to adapt, it's too boring and slow especially to someone who didn't grow up with all these hallowed traditions.

For me, going to Twins games as a kid was great. Now that I live nowhere near MN, I'll go to the occasional Rockies game but just to be outside and relax for a while not because baseball and its traditions are so great.
            I'm not sure what you are talking about. Things that mattered in the 50s?
            Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              I'm not sure what you are talking about. Things that mattered in the 50s?
              That part is more of what I hear from some of the younger people I work with. They see it as an old white man's sport that is too focused on when those fans were kids.

Comment

The older I get, the more I hate young people. And I'm 32.
                Code:

Comment

They're only going to get younger.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Dammit
                    Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

That's twice in a week I've agreed with you.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        100% agree. I watch baseball and have season tickets because of the traditions and quirks. It's a great way to spend an afternoon outside.

If this dickwad throws all of that to the wind because a bunch of moron kids want scores of 100-95 or can't pay attention for more than 140 characters, then he can DIAF.
                        If you want scoring, T20 cricket is your answer. Those 1970 round stadiums would have been perfect!
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                          Coors Field has, at one and only one of the concession stands, Rocky Mountain Oysters.

I've had 'em. They're actually decent. Taste kinda like fish, but not as flaky.
                          I would be all over that.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            I would be all over that.
                            I would too, as I have a taste for offal.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Gross. All of you.
                              Code:

Comment

Kincaids has by far the best oysters plate I've ever had and at an extremely reasonable price. And since they bring them in 3x per week (a lot of high end places are only 2x) you're almost always ensured they're going to be fresh.

Comment

Working...
                                X