X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 MLB Season - The Goat Memorial Thread

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    He flipped his bat when his team was down 4. That's as stupid as all those celebration dances for sacks when you're trailing by 3 tds.
    I used to hate bat flips. But now I just shrug most of the time.

**** this guy. How about some situational awareness
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Kep. Omens?

http://www.thewildcard.com/fan-snaps...tebow-outfield
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Compelling is it the word I'd use there.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Nope.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Terry Collins passes Davey Johnson for the all-time lead in Met games managed (1013). He is just 6742 games behind Connie Mack for most games managed for one club.
            Last edited by Kepler; 05-20-2017, 10:06 PM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Connie Mack's record may stand forever. After that, I'm thinking either the 59 IP scoreless by Hershiser or some of those crazy pitching records from back in the day. I
              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Connie Mack's record may stand forever. After that, I'm thinking either the 59 IP scoreless by Hershiser or some of those crazy pitching records from back in the day. I
                Keep in mind that Connie Mack owned the A's when he managed, and he hung on until he was 87.

Nolan Ryan's career strikeout record will stand for a long, long time (5,714). 250 K's for 22 straight years still leaves you short.
                Cy Young's 511 wins, along with his 7,356 innings pitched aren't going to be touched, either.
                Babe Ruth's .690 career SLG isn't going anywhere, either. No one's ever been within 50 points of that one.
                Last edited by Hammer; 05-21-2017, 12:03 AM.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I don't see anyone hitting .400 over a full season with the requisite # of ABs ever again, DiMaggio's hit-streak maybe, I don't see the HR record being broken again unless a new undetectable steroid is introduced into the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    I don't see anyone hitting .400 over a full season with the requisite # of ABs ever again, DiMaggio's hit-streak maybe, I don't see the HR record being broken again unless a new undetectable steroid is introduced into the game.
                    Cobb's career .366 is also safe.

And I don't see anyone touching DiMaggio, seeing as how no one has gone past 44 games other than him.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Theres a ton of records that wont be broken.

Ripkens consecutive games played.
                      Henderson's steal record.
                      Back-to-back no hitters by a single pitcher.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

So the St. Paul Saints (unaffiliated minor league team) released a new logo this year to celebrate 25 years.

http://www.saints-crossing.com/itemimages/SPS116_lg.jpg

This is incredible. Especially given their history with pigs.
                        https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped.../Saintspig.jpg

Their mascot is a pig that is named every year and delivers balls to the umpires. In exchange, the umpires feed the pig.
                        Code:

Comment

So the St. Paul Saints (unaffiliated minor league team) released a new logo this year to celebrate 25 years.

Their mascot is a pig that is named every year and delivers balls to the umpires. In exchange, the umpires feed the pig.
                          That's great!
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I've said it time and again, and I'll continue to say it - their overall product and fan experience is so much better than what the Pohlads are doing with the Twins.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              I've said it time and again, and I'll continue to say it - their overall product and fan experience is so much better than what the Pohlads are doing with the Twins.
                              MiLB is far superior to MLB: more fun, cheaper, more interesting.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Whoever designed that logo should we awarded with all of the assets that should be taken from anyone who designed a team logo in the 90s.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X