X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 MLB Season - The Goat Memorial Thread

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    John double-U Henry getting in on the renaming/removing statues "good side" now
    Heard that on the news last night and almost fell out of my chair.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

My liberal a ss is a bit uncomfortable with this for a few reasons. First is Yawkey doesn't have anybody to defend him as his wife is dead and he has no descendants who might go to bat for him. That makes him an easy mark. Next while I do understand the Sox of the 50's didn't have any black players on the team, what I'd like to know is if Yawkey changed his views later in life as the Sox teams of the late 60's-70's featured players like Reggie Smith, George Scott, Luis Tiant, and Jim Rice. I'm curious what they all thought of him. Finally the name includes his wife who was owner for about 15 years after his death. Does she get scrubbed too?
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        My liberal a ss is a bit uncomfortable with this for a few reasons. First is Yawkey doesn't have anybody to defend him as his wife is dead and he has no descendants who might go to bat for him. That makes him an easy mark. Next while I do understand the Sox of the 50's didn't have any black players on the team, what I'd like to know is if Yawkey changed his views later in life as the Sox teams of the late 60's-70's featured players like Reggie Smith, George Scott, Luis Tiant, and Jim Rice. I'm curious what they all thought of him. Finally the name includes his wife who was owner for about 15 years after his death. Does she get scrubbed too?
        the foundation has given a ton of money all around the city too (including shiny buildings at bu and bc as well).
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          the foundation has given a ton of money all around the city too (including shiny buildings at bu and bc as well).
          I was thinking of that too. Are we going to strip the name off of Mass General Hospital? I'd really like to hear what some of the black players who played for him think and what their interactions with him were like.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Here in Houston at the Astros game. Home plate ump got hurt. Took him out of the game. Never saw that happen. Playing the rest of the game with three umps.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Here in Houston at the Astros game. Home plate ump got hurt. Took him out of the game. Never saw that happen. Playing the rest of the game with three umps.
              Marge Schott says hi.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

OMG I remember that now!

Astros fans were doing the Wave. They were getting all excited. And then an Oakland player hit a home run. Nothing good ever comes from doing the Wave.

Comment

Mookie was a fan of the nacho bar at Astros field

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    OMG I remember that now!

Astros fans were doing the Wave. They were getting all excited. And then an Oakland player hit a home run. Nothing good ever comes from doing the Wave.
                    http://store.baldvinny.com/product/ban-the-wave

Yes, this is my new "going to the baseball game" t-shirt. #BanTheWave

Comment

Byron Buxton with an inside the park homerun tonight, home to home in 13.85 seconds. Good gravy that's quick.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        Byron Buxton with an inside the park homerun tonight, home to home in 13.85 seconds. Good gravy that's quick.
                        There cannot be a player with a longer stride than he has. It's incredible
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          mookie couldn't do that if he just ran around the pitchers mound

Comment

• Aaron Judge: 36 consecutive games with a strikeout.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                              About 7-8 years ago, my softball team did a speed test. 60 feet to the bases, mind you. Fastest was about 25 seconds. I clocked in at about 30 seconds. Buxton is INSANE.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                About 7-8 years ago, my softball team did a speed test. 60 feet to the bases, mind you. Fastest was about 25 seconds. I clocked in at about 30 seconds. Buxton is INSANE.
                                He is certainly one of the fastest players that I can remember. On the inside the parker, Buxton averaged about 18 mph, and if he could have sustained that pace (which, admittedly, there is no way he could) over a mile, he would have broke the world record by about 20 seconds...all while running around bases in baseball equipment. Pretty impressive.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X