This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    UML losing today would also help our chances of being placed in an eastern region.

[checks the score] well so much for that !

Comment

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
      I also like that the reference went right past our apparently young poster...
      he's so dumb. hope he is just a bu fan and not a future fellow alum
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
        [checks the score] well so much for that !
        Well it was a nice thought... Hey, but at least we don't have to play UMLOL. I don't think that would be a good matchup at this point. Maybe Fake Hockey East (who seems to be equally hot) will knock them off...

Comment

Good to know there will be time for a leisurely dinner Friday night. Because you just know that the first game will go into OT as it ALWAYS DOES when BU has the second game.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Good to know there will be time for a leisurely dinner Friday night. Because you just know that the first game will go into OT as it ALWAYS DOES when BU has the second game.
            you are just loving that fact that bu will beat bc once more (ain't ya)

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Yeah, I'm just dancing here in my living room thinking about it. :roll eyes: OF COURSE I think BU will win. I mean, they're only catching BC after they scored 14 goals in two games. Piece. Of. Cake.

::sobbing::

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                I still can't get that nightmare vision of 2006 in Worcester out of my head...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  mookie has a shaft of a formerly usable stick in his garage from that game. may have been spang's after he broke it on the boards. hard to tell since a lot of those were leaning against the rest of the equipment. tyler went down and asked for it and the equip guy handed it over (pays to have been 7yo ). mookie sees that every day he gets in the car

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    mookie has a shaft of a formerly usable stick in his garage from that game. may have been spang's after he broke it on the boards. hard to tell since a lot of those were leaning against the rest of the equipment. tyler went down and asked for it and the equip guy handed it over (pays to have been 7yo ). mookie sees that every day he gets in the car
                    Well, the setup is there. I know I said yesterday it doesn't matter if they win by one or five as long as they win; however, BU is certainly not "dominating" and/or playing their best hockey of the season. Just a bad feeling going against a BC team that "suddenly" seems to have found their stride just at the right time.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      Neither can I! :-)
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

i thought about that too but that was the 5th game that year IIRC so you're all set.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          i thought about that too but that was the 5th game that year IIRC so you're all set.
                          Oh....OK then...that's comforting.

Comment

Well, the setup is there. I know I said yesterday it doesn't matter if they win by one or five as long as they win; however, BU is certainly not "dominating" and/or playing their best hockey of the season. Just a bad feeling going against a BC team that "suddenly" seems to have found their stride just at the right time.
                            A bit of a stretch to say BC has found their stride. The two games they played before the UVM series against Lowell weren't good. I caught the game at BC and they looked laughably bad at times. I don't know what happened down there this weekend and whether it's a product of UVM playing awful or BC catching fire, but prior to that UVM series BC was playing terrible hockey.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Let's take some bets on what time Friday's game will actually start. Every time BU plays the second game, it seems the first game goes into OT. I'm going with 9:17 for puck drop.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                A bit of a stretch to say BC has found their stride. The two games they played before the UVM series against Lowell weren't good. I caught the game at BC and they looked laughably bad at times. I don't know what happened down there this weekend and whether it's a product of UVM playing awful or BC catching fire, but prior to that UVM series BC was playing terrible hockey.
                                OK...but what difference do the games "before the UVM series" make? And it's not like they were playing some stiff. My point is simply that they're playing well at the moment and it seems like a much tougher task than it would have seemed, say, "before the UVM" series.

Only time will tell. The matchup makes me nervous. I don't have a good feeling. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X