X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
    +1 The Smiths
    One of the more upbeat of their songs After all, he "would hate anything to happen to her"
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Some goals are bigger than others.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
        NESN and BU2K would like to see a BC-Notre Dame as late game on St. Patrick's Day...
        UML losing today would also help our chances of being placed in an eastern region.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I'm sure this was covered last year but I'm not going to look it up...Doesn't the top seed get to pick which time they play on Friday?

Also, HE website says they reseed for the QFs.

Apologies for any redundancies.
          Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by smyler3 View Post
            I'm sure this was covered last year but I'm not going to look it up...Doesn't the top seed get to pick which time they play on Friday?

Apologies for any redundancies.
            They do reseed the games for next weekend, and I believe the top seed does get to pick. That said, I can't imagine NESN not throwing a fit if a BC-ND or BU-BC game were at 5 pm, so I'd bet either of those matchups would be the 8 pm slot.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

BC was top seed last year and had to sit through triple ot game between uml and pc. I can guarantee you York would have picked early game if he was given the choice. Probably same for parker in 2009 when BC-BU was late game. So i don't think they get to choose even though they should be able to.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                bobo in a coma. i know, i know, it's really serious.......
                mookie for the win!
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by smyler3 View Post
                  Yes, they do reseed. So if UML wins, the seeds will be:
                  1. UML
                  2. BU
                  3. BC
                  4. ND

This means UML plays ND and BU plays BC

If UNH wins, the seeds will be:
                  1. BU
                  2. BC
                  3. ND
                  4. UNH

In that scenario, you would get BU/UNH and BC/ND

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    BC was top seed last year and had to sit through triple ot game between uml and pc. I can guarantee you York would have picked early game if he was given the choice. Probably same for parker in 2009 when BC-BU was late game. So i don't think they get to choose even though they should be able to.
                    Yes...TV decides all...omnipotent. It's all about the $$$$$$

Comment

Jim Madigan is gonna show up at the garden with a steel chair

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                        Some goals are bigger than others.
                        Well played. That is one of my favorites, along with "There is a (goal) Light that Never Goes Out" and "Paint a Vulgar Picture".

I just watched a "Top 10 Smiths Songs" video the other day. Boy, Morrissey can't dance...
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          They do reseed the games for next weekend, and I believe the top seed does get to pick. That said, I can't imagine NESN not throwing a fit if a BC-ND or BU-BC game were at 5 pm, so I'd bet either of those matchups would be the 8 pm slot.
                          Traditionally (i.e., in the early years of Hockey East), the top seed always played in the early game. However, at some point the channel broadcasting the games was allowed to decide which game would be the prime time game in an attempt to get better ratings. This year I believe that BC will be the late game as they will play either BU or ND and if so then the top seed will play in the early game.

Speaking of reseeding, I watched the ASN broadcast last night after I got home and they had no idea that all the leagues re-seed after each round. They showed brackets with the UML/UNH winner playing the PC/ND winner and the BU/NU winner playing the BC/UVM winner several times during the broadcast, including leading off with it. Losing a broadcaster trying to expand viewership for hockey is bad; losing one that knows nothing about the sport not so bad. And to take nothing away from Brendon Jones, it was quite funny when they put his college hockey credentials onscreen. Still, at least he knows hockey and I wish him well.

Sean
                          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                          BU Hockey highlights and extras
                          NCAA Hockey Financials
                          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                            Well we had 2.6k on FRI and 3.0k and change on SAT 2 years ago and that was during Eichelmania. So I will say 2,500 FRI and 2,900 SAT.
                            I was a bit optimistic, but pretty close on the attendance prediction.

What is my "prize?"

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                              Well played. That is one of my favorites, along with "There is a (goal) Light that Never Goes Out" and "Paint a Vulgar Picture".

I just watched a "Top 10 Smiths Songs" video the other day. Boy, Morrissey can't dance...
                              mookie has spent close to 8-10hr the last couple weeks on youtube watching full concerts

the solo show from the hollywood bowl is very good.

read that the women who was in the 'fatty' video wasn't told what it was for
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                mookie has spent close to 8-10hr the last couple weeks on youtube watching full concerts

the solo show from the hollywood bowl is very good.

read that the women who was in the 'fatty' video wasn't told what it was for
                                I loaned out my Smiths CDs in college once. It was weeks before I got them back. When I got them back I mentioned to another friend, "I'm happy to get my Smith's CDs back. I'm going to binge listen all weekend." Friends deadpans, "It won't last."

I also like that the reference went right past our apparently young poster...

Comment

Working...
                                X