This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tater View Post
    Snow ends late morning. I would say it goes on as scheduled.
    No it doesn't. It goes till about 5pm. What weather report are you watching? I think it will go on as it should be done by the time the puck drops.

Comment

Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      I think it will go on as it should be done by the time the puck drops.
      I would agree if we weren't still digging out from the last one. Not sure where they are going to put the snow and remember, there's a consolation game so you have to get people there late afternoon. If, as you say, there is nothing scheduled for Tuesday, I would think they would postpone it.

Comment

Snow ends late morning. I would say it goes on as scheduled.

No. Ends around 4....not enough time in my opinion to get crews out to remove the snow.

Comment

Bulk of the snow ends around Noon in every forecast I have seen including weather.com which I am looking at now. That's what I mean when I consider the main storm over as far as snow. Then it is snow "showers" after that which drops below 50% chance after 1PM. Bottom line, the main storm, as far as precipitation, not wind, ends around Noon. That was what I am talking about, not a couple of scattered snow showers early/mid afternoon.

At least part of the storm in Boston will be rain. How much, they are not sure, but that will cut down on the accumulation in the city.

The latest forecasts seem to be a bit more towards snow rather than rain which is a factor, but I think there is plenty of time to get the streets clean.

Comment

What pussssies

In Mookie's day he walked uphill both ways in 4 ft of snow..... and he liked it

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

This is a bit interesting though.

Comment

Bulk of the snow ends around Noon in every forecast I have seen including weather.com which I am looking at now.
                The rain is in the beginning...the rain/snow line drops rapidly south and by Monday it is all snow. I believe the local forecasters are much more accurate than Weather.com. Both Channels 4 and 5 are saying the same thing. 4 pm.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  What pussssies

In Mookie's day he walked uphill both ways in 4 ft of snow..... and he liked it

So you're going to walk from Leominster?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    So you're going to walk from Leominster?
                    back in mookie's day, mookie was walking up the hills of western pa (now he drives)
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      I believe the local forecasters are much more accurate than Weather.com.
                      My best source is Dave Epstein, @growingwisdom on twitter. Doesn't get any more local than that! Part of why he is my favorite is that he does a good job of explaining the "why" instead of just giving a forecast.

Big range in snow amounts in the different forecasts I am seeing this morning. For the city, I see as low as 5"-8" and as high as 12"-18". (Bulk of the snow, not wind, ends around Noon. )

Comment

This is a bit interesting though.

If it does that, the winds may end up strongest after the precipitation has passed through. Making it a 'bad night' to be out and about.

Comment

My best source is Dave Epstein, @growingwisdom on twitter. Doesn't get any more local than that! Part of why he is my favorite is that he does a good job of explaining the "why" instead of just giving a forecast.

Big range in snow amounts in the different forecasts I am seeing this morning. For the city, I see as low as 5"-8" and as high as 12"-18". (Bulk of the snow, not wind, ends around Noon. )
                          Epstein's the best around here by far. A lot depends on when it ends, but the fact that the Garden is wide open on Tuesday night might be enough for them to eventually say eh screw it, just move the game.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

What the heck is a neutercane?

Weather might be manageable for the championship game but could be difficult for the consolation.

Topic? Um, so, now that the regular season title is all but gone, do we need to worry about holding on for a first round bye?

Comment

Topic? Um, so, now that the regular season title is all but gone, do we need to worry about holding on for a first round bye?
                              I don't care if they drop so far they have to play Sunday night the 26th. I just want to see team hockey and some offensive creativity.

BU Hockey: Nor'easter of Offense Needed
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Weather might be manageable for the championship game but could be difficult for the consolation.
                                So Tater may very well be correct. Looks like Channel 5 at least (haven't seen 4) "changed" their forecast...it started sooner (we already have 4" here) and it will exit by Noon. Don't know how that will affect the scheduling...we'll see. I know the Bruins wanted to postpone last Thursday but the NHL forced them to play. The result was about 8,000 people in attendance. To me, if Tuesday is available, what's the rush in forcing them to play Monday? It will be a lot easier for the fans on Tuesday.

No. What we worry about is when this team is going to show signs of improvement. It doesn't matter where the games are played...this team has the "ability" to go on the road and win in Hockey East. It's not like they haven't played in all these venues. National tournament? Now that's another story, but we've been over that. IMO, I would rather sacrifice some early season games to evaluate what you have and find winning combinations, even if it means losing PWR points. Because the only thing that matters is playing well at the end of the year. Does that mean we won't finish in the Top 6 in the PWR? Yes. But what's the difference? This team is #3 now. Do you really think they are the third best team in the country?

Comment

Working...
                                X