This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

So nice of the Terriers to win on Saturday night and save everyone the horror of seeing ND win the title on their way out the door. It was pretty much unanimous from what I had seen that 11 of the 12 fanbases in the league were rooting for BU. Rare times.

Hard to believe BU and UML have to "share" that with BC but... that's the way the cookie crumbles.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

With all the discussion about the defense pairings the real problem was not scoring enough goals
      This might be an item for Sean- Has any BU forward played in over 30 games in a season and not scored one goal
      I thought Cloonan had his best game Saturday but no goals is a stunning statistic
      He was primarily on third line the whole year

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
        With all the discussion about the defense pairings the real problem was not scoring enough goals
        This might be an item for Sean- Has any BU forward played in over 30 games in a season and not scored one goal
        I thought Cloonan had his best game Saturday but no goals is a stunning statistic
        He was primarily on third line the whole year
        No goals since November 2015! He's a great skater, a great creator, but his finishing skills and shot are weak.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          So nice of the Terriers to win on Saturday night and save everyone the horror of seeing ND win the title on their way out the door. It was pretty much unanimous from what I had seen that 11 of the 12 fanbases in the league were rooting for BU. Rare times.

Hard to believe BU and UML have to "share" that with BC but... that's the way the cookie crumbles.
          Great, now do us a favor and take out Lowell if it gets to that point in the semi-finals for us. Really don't want to face those guys this year...
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Great, now do us a favor and take out Lowell if it gets to that point in the semi-finals for us. Really don't want to face those guys this year...
            Neither BC nor BU would face Lowell until the Hockey East Championship game, if it gets to that point.
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
              Neither BC nor BU would face Lowell until the Hockey East Championship game, if it gets to that point.
              #1 wouldn't play #3 and #2 playing #4? thought they were 1-2-3 in the seedings.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

#1 plays #4 and #2 plays #3. So if the top4 four seeds all advance to the Garden, Lowell would play Notre Dame and BU would play BC.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  #1 plays #4 and #2 plays #3. So if the top4 four seeds all advance to the Garden, Lowell would play Notre Dame and BU would play BC.
                  Sorry correct, got my seedings messed up and forgot about ND then had 1 playing 3 for some reason! This is why I shouldn't multi-task!

Comment

Rover, are you drunk? Or have those twins done a number on you?
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

This is why Rover shouldn't _______!
                      this mad libs would be never ending
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I think tennis does some weird seeding where 1 plays 3 and 2 plays 4 in semis

Comment

I just had a flashback of the infamous Mav +/- debacle/comic relief. Thanks, Rover.

I think one of you BC guys are Mav under a new name, but not sure.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            I think tennis does some weird seeding where 1 plays 3 and 2 plays 4 in semis
                            As I understand it tennis is random within bands. So, for example, it might be #1 vs #4 and #2 vs #3, but it also might be #1 vs #3 and #2 vs #4. Same with #5 through #8, #1 could face anyone of them in the quarterfinals. The only constant is that #1 and # 2 are on opposite sides of the bracket and can only meet in the final.

Sean
                            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                            BU Hockey highlights and extras
                            NCAA Hockey Financials
                            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                              He was primarily on third line the whole year[/I]
                              How soon we forget! And I wonder why you use "over 30 games in a season" when Cloonan has only played in 29 to date. But in answer to your question, since the start of Hockey East 2 forwards who have played over 30 games in a season had 0 goals and one who played 30 games had 0 goals:
                              Player, Season, GP, Points
                              Scott Perry, 1999-00, 41, 0-3-3
                              Brian McGuirk, 2004-05, 33, 0-1-1 - note: he scored in the U-18 exhibition game
                              Ryan Santana, 2009-10, 30, 0-1-1

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              No goals since November 2015! He's a great skater, a great creator, but his finishing skills and shot are weak.
                              I looked and he has not scored a goal in 61 games played, good for ninth among all players since the start of Hockey East and second among forwards.
                              Player, Games played without a goal
                              Mark Krys, 123 games (from start of BU career)
                              Patrick MacGregor, 115 games (never scored a goal in his BU career)
                              Tom Morrow, 109 games (from start of BU career)
                              Eric Gryba, 88 games
                              Scott Perry, 73 games
                              Brien Diffley, 72 games (active)
                              Sean Escobedo, 66 games
                              Dan Ronan, 65 games
                              Ryan Cloonan, 61 games (active)
                              Ryan Priem, 61 games
                              Colin Sheen, 60 games

Sean
                              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                              BU Hockey highlights and extras
                              NCAA Hockey Financials
                              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                                How soon we forget! And I wonder why you use "over 30 games in a season" when Cloonan has only played in 29 to date. But in answer to your question, since the start of Hockey East 2 forwards who have played over 30 games in a season had 0 goals and one who played 30 games had 0 goals:
                                Player, Season, GP, Points
                                Scott Perry, 1999-00, 41, 0-3-3
                                Brian McGuirk, 2004-05, 33, 0-1-1 - note: he scored in the U-18 exhibition game
                                Ryan Santana, 2009-10, 30, 0-1-1

I looked and he has not scored a goal in 61 games played, good for ninth among all players since the start of Hockey East and second among forwards.
                                Player, Games played without a goal
                                Mark Krys, 123 games (from start of BU career)
                                Patrick MacGregor, 115 games (never scored a goal in his BU career)
                                Tom Morrow, 109 games (from start of BU career)
                                Eric Gryba, 88 games
                                Scott Perry, 73 games
                                Brien Diffley, 72 games (active)
                                Sean Escobedo, 66 games
                                Dan Ronan, 65 games
                                Ryan Cloonan, 61 games (active)
                                Ryan Priem, 61 games
                                Colin Sheen, 60 games

Sean
                                Thanks for the Scott Perry reference reminder of one of the most hideous recruiting classes ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X