This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Sunday night's/Monday morning's storm has a name Scarlet! Orson is coming!!!

BU Hockey: More Blizzard of '78 Talk On Tap (can never get enough of it, really)
    There does not appear to be anything scheduled there for Tuesday so if necessary they could postpone for a day.

Comment

Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

Bellows out of the line-up again tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
        Bellows out of the line-up again tonight.
        Wonder if he'd have at least taken a shot on the 5x3 abortion we just sat through
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Wonder if he'd have at least taken a shot on the 5x3 abortion we just sat through
          I guess we should root for more 3X5s.....

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
            I guess we should root for more 3X5s.....
            Mookie is backing tater!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              Worth noting that Sahir Gill and both Priviteras left during the offseason somewhat unexpectedly. I agree Parker did a poor job with recruiting the bottom two line talent in his final years. He was able to secure pretty good top line guys but often our third and fourth lines were complete jokes and not a threat to contribute in any way. It's tough to fault Quinn much for the 13-14 roster considering there weren't that many players left to be had for the fall when he came on board and with how incredibly well he's recruited since then.
              IIRC, wasn't Kurker fairly highly regarded when recruited and maybe didn't live up to expectations? And those years were on the heels of the arrests etc, which I'm sure did not help from a recruiting angle.

Comment

Sigh.

Comment

Well after those 2 games, one begins to think theres a decent chance these teams will face off again at the Garden
                  BS UMass Lowell 2015
                  PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

What a **** offensive performance tonight. I really don't understand what David Quinn is doing with this stupid "offense" he runs out there every night. How do you take guys like this and get them to not produce? And I absolutely love the "don't worry, I changed the power play this week!" and then they go out and don't put up any shots on goal during a 1:45 5x3. If not for Lowell's help, they would have been shut out tonight. God ****ing awful. He's over-coaching, the PP is a mess, he changes three lines literally every single game. At this point, I think the best we can hope for is that Quinn will just completely stop coaching, like 14-15.

Shot attempts 60-38; face-offs 30-25. That's another issue - face-offs. This team supposedly has great face-off guys with Carpenter, JFK, Keller ... they haven't won more face-offs than their opponent since the first Maine game.
                    Last edited by BU Fan 84; 02-10-2017, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Disclaimer here is that I did not see or listen to the game... Call me crazy though but somehow I don't think. 3-2 away loss to the #7 team in the country is something to get too worked up over. Especially during the "always pitfall" weekend game during the beanpot week.

Hope the team puts it behind them and comes out ready on Monday in the championship game that can also have big pairwise implications.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                        What a **** offensive performance tonight. I really don't understand what David Quinn is doing with this stupid "offense" he runs out there every night. How do you take guys like this and get them to not produce? And I absolutely love the "don't worry, I changed the power play this week!" and then they go out and don't put up any shots on goal during a 1:45 5x3. If not for Lowell's help, they would have been shut out tonight. God ****ing awful. He's over-coaching, the PP is a mess, he changes three lines literally every single game. At this point, I think the best we can hope for is that Quinn will just completely stop coaching, like 14-15.

Shot attempts 60-38; face-offs 30-25. That's another issue - face-offs. This team supposedly has great face-off guys with Carpenter, JFK, Keller ... they haven't won more face-offs than their opponent since the first Maine game.
                        And a kid who scored 3 goals in 4 periods sits in the stands...hey Quinn..maybe he can play forward...hint hint

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          Disclaimer here is that I did not see or listen to the game... Call me crazy though but somehow I don't think. 3-2 away loss to the #7 team in the country is something to get too worked up over. Especially during the "always pitfall" weekend game during the beanpot week.

Hope the team puts it behind them and comes out ready on Monday in the championship game that can also have big pairwise implications.
                          The most skilled team in college hockey can't score goals since the WJC...just blew another chance to gain a game on The BC juggernaut who was smoked by Merrimack tonight...has been badly outplayed in both Lowell games....no worries though the Pairwise...the Pairwise....just claim youth and ignorance when you are blown out again in the NCAA.

Comment

Mookie was there.

Yuck

Oh, and Mookie takes back greenway being ready to leave. He ain't. Takes off too many shifts.
                            Maybe he's playing with a broken back....if so Mookie is sorry.

Comment

You wouldn't be thinking that if you saw the game. Lowell being ranked #7 has nothing to do with anything. They had a 5-on-3 power play for over a minute and a half and didn't get a shot off. They didn't hit double digits in shots till late in the second (I think). The 3-on-5 shorthanded goal was pretty cool. Too bad they couldn't build on that.

I don't know what it is with this team.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Mookie was there.

Yuck

Oh, and Mookie takes back greenway being ready to leave. He ain't. Takes off too many shifts.
                                Maybe he's playing with a broken back....if so Mookie is sorry.
                                At least you got nachos and saw Jasmine.
                                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Working...
                                X