This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

Let's be real here. BC has a good team but they have struggled against better competition. I think BC CAN win this game but there is a clear favorite and it's not them. Maybe York will show the team the tape from that great night in Worcester back in 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      Who's winning the sandbag battle so far? Someone create a score sheet.

BU Hockey: I've Seen This Movie Before
      I know, right???? All I have to say is this - I've been saying since, well, the beginning of time but also starting in January, that BC will go to the NCAAs and most likely will be in Chicago because that's what they do. To me. That's what they do to me. All the hand wringing about how poorly they were playing? Washed away with this past weekend's results. They're right on schedule. Much like when I said two weeks ago when it was in the 70s that I felt we still had one last big storm in us, I hate when I'm right!

Also, even though Quinn said that both Bobo and MacLeod (that sounds like the name of a 70s PI show) would be available this weekend, they were still injured this past weekend so I worry we won't be at 100%. BC seems to be OK in that area. Plus, it's St. Patrick's Day. That doesn't bode well for BU either. Also, looks like more stormy weather ahead for this weekend. Greeeeat. Jim Cantore from the Weather Channel is already in Boston for tomorrow's store, which means we are so screwed.

Comment

There is no snow or rain predicted for Friday and accumulations of <1 inch for Saturday.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          Does his ELC clock not begin by playing in the AHL? I was always under the impression that it did.
          Nope... read the link I posted above.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            I've been saying since, well, the beginning of time but also starting in January, that BC will go to the NCAAs and most likely will be in Chicago because that's what they do.
            You've been wrong since starting in January.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Let's be real here. BC has a good team but they have struggled against better competition. I think BC CAN win this game but there is a clear favorite and it's not them. Maybe York will show the team the tape from that terrible night in Worcester back in 2006
              fyp

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                You've been wrong since starting in January.
                Like you were about the Beanpot?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Plus, it's St. Patrick's Day. That doesn't bode well for BU either.
                  Never change, Scarlet. Never change.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                    Well, far be it from me to "defend" Scarlet, but you have to admit that her trepidation is well-founded. In the "early years" (read: before 2000) BU dominated BC. We were leading in National Championships 4-1 and would regularly win the Beanpot and almost any "big" game against them. I remember going to McHugh Fourm more than once when we just smoked them and the BC fans were disgusted (and harrassing us - I'll never forget one woman screaming at me: "At least all our boys are AMERICANS!"). Since the "York" era (particularly since they broke through in Albany), it has flipped in the other direction. The seminal moment was "that game" in Worcester. It's when BC clearly took over the series, IMO. Other than '09, BC has dominated us. Any other spin is denial. THEY have led in NCs 4-1 and have won more Beanpots (not that the Beanpot is the end all - but it's symbolic of the trajectory of the two programs). I remember the days when we KNEW we would beat BC. Always. Remember OC's famous quote in 1978: "We shouldn't have to beat BC for the Nationals - we can do that anytime." Well, not the case anymore.

I'm not saying we won't win. But I am very anxious about this game. Yes, I know we are going to the NCAA's regardless - but that's not the point. If we don't win, it tells me that this team is not at the level to get them very far in the tournament - just like most of the past few years. (and I'm not sandbagging)

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                      If you give me 30 minutes, I can probably come up with more!! It's what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        Well, far be it from me to "defend" Scarlet, but you have to admit that her trepidation is well-founded. In the "early years" (read: before 2000) BU dominated BC. We were leading in National Championships 4-1 and would regularly win the Beanpot and almost any "big" game against them. I remember going to McHugh Fourm more than once when we just smoked them and the BC fans were disgusted (and harrassing us - I'll never forget one woman screaming at me: "At least all our boys are AMERICANS!"). Since the "York" era (particularly since they broke through in Albany), it has flipped in the other direction. The seminal moment was "that game" in Worcester. It's when BC clearly took over the series, IMO. Other than '09, BC has dominated us. Any other spin is denial. THEY have led in NCs 4-1 and have won more Beanpots (not that the Beanpot is the end all - but it's symbolic of the trajectory of the two programs). I remember the days when we KNEW we would beat BC. Always. Remember OC's famous quote in 1978: "We shouldn't have to beat BC for the Nationals - we can do that anytime." Well, not the case anymore.

I'm not saying we won't win. But I am very anxious about this game. Yes, I know we are going to the NCAA's regardless - but that's not the point. If we don't win, it tells me that this team is not at the level to get them very far in the tournament - just like most of the past few years. (and I'm not sandbagging)
                        Wasn't there a Providence team that won the NCAA's a few years back that didn't win Hockey East...
                        Boston University '16
                        University of Michigan '18

Comment

Originally posted by WolverineofTerrier View Post
                          Wasn't there a Providence team that won the NCAA's a few years back that didn't win Hockey East...
                          Really? You had to bring THAT up? Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by WolverineofTerrier View Post

You can even see the moment mookie's heart explodes!
                            BS UMass Lowell 2015
                            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

That's easy to see. Just tune in whenever the Pats play the Stillers.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

if y'all are gonna fight, fight fair
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X