Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

Is this the year?

Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    So was BU the only one of the three schools to get to raise the trophy and skate around with it? Or was it at the UML game last night?

And now that the seedings are set - if the home teams all win next week, who comes to Agganis?
    It might have been at the Tsongas in case BC won but since Lowell won, and scenarios could have had them not winning, it wasn't brought out.
    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Imagine if the BC-UML game was Saturday night instead, and the trophy was brought to Lowell? Would they have let both BC and UML skate around with it?? Probably just UML would have done it in that case but kind of a bizzare outcome anyways. Maybe they would then bring the trophy to BC in the visitor locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post
    Imagine if the BC-UML game was Saturday night instead, and the trophy was brought to Lowell? Would they have let both BC and UML skate around with it?? Probably just UML would have done it in that case but kind of a bizzare outcome anyways. Maybe they would then bring the trophy to BC in the visitor locker room.
    It still would have been at Agganis, since Notre Dame was the only team who could win it outright.

Edit: Nevermind bc would have still been able to win it too

Last year when BC clinched a share of title and #1 seed at home on the friday of last RS weekend i was expecting them to get the trophy on the ice but it didn't happen for whatever reason. Perhaps they just had it in the locker room.

And by the way, i know you got swept by merrimack but i'd much rather play them than NU. that win last night was huge as you avoid providence. That ND-providence series should be great (if you like watching paint dry).

Was checking the HE site and see that BU did get the trophy on the ice yesterday despite being the 2 seed. So with BC not getting it last year but BU getting it this year, doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to what happens. Maybe Joey B forgot the trophy last year!

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Was checking the HE site and see that BU did get the trophy on the ice yesterday despite being the 2 seed. So with BC not getting it last year but BU getting it this year, doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to what happens. Maybe Joey B forgot the trophy last year!
    My guess... it was Jerry's choice, or the team's choice.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Well now that the RS is over, congrats to:

Keller (1st) and Harper (2nd) for being the top two freshmen scorers
    Oettinger for leading the conference in GAA

(league stats only)
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

there's a good buck in that racket.

have to think it was in the house because if nd won they would have been solo-first. given that they lost and our boys tied joe b just figured, "hey...."
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

The trophy was at Agganis because ND had a chance to win the league outright with a win. So that's why BU got it. They couldn't bring it to Tsongas because a win by Lowell didn't clinch the league (not would a win by BC the night before have either). Apparently they are now creating "replica" trophies in the event that this scenario is repeated in the future.

For those who have been at the games: Has Bellows turned a corner? 3-2-5 and 17 SOG over the last 5 games would suggest that he may have.

Quote Originally Posted by srsterrier View Post
    For those who have been at the games: Has Bellows turned a corner? 3-2-5 and 17 SOG over the last 5 games would suggest that he may have.
    I think he has as well. He looks more involved out there and is playing with more physicality and discipline. Instead of coasting he's skating harder, making smarter, simpler plays with and without the puck. Hope he can continue elevating his play in the playoffs.

Super Serial

Quote Originally Posted by srsterrier View Post
    Turned a corner? Yes. His play over the last 5 has improved significantly. He's not at the level many predicted he'd be, but he's earned his ice time, reduced his penalty minutes greatly, and gelled well with his linemates. It's also helpful that Quinn isn't playing russian roulette with his lineup spot every night now. He's fit in really well with Cloonan and Phelps as well as being on the second PP line. Him continuing to produce from the third line and becoming more of the scoring threat he was expected to be really makes us a much more difficult matchup.
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

Opposite Girl

When is BU's spring break? Will it be ending or starting as the QFs begin?

Men's basketball and women's hockey both won big games yesterday as well. And I believe men's lax too. Good day to be a Terrier.

Also known as the Southern Dandaaay

Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    The trophy was at Agganis because ND had a chance to win the league outright with a win. So that's why BU got it. They couldn't bring it to Tsongas because a win by Lowell didn't clinch the league (not would a win by BC the night before have either). Apparently they are now creating "replica" trophies in the event that this scenario is repeated in the future.
    A win by BC on Friday night would have clinched BC at least a split of the championship (31 points, only tie if BU sweeps). So they probably should have brought it to the Tsongas that night.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Quote Originally Posted by Patronick View Post
    A win by BC on Friday night would have clinched BC at least a split of the championship (31 points, only tie if BU sweeps). So they probably should have brought it to the Tsongas that night.
    It actually was there. Bertagna was on the ASN/NESN broadcast during the second period and he said he had it with him just in case.

BTW, I actually like the appearance of the regular season trophy with the silver hockey sticks, etc. more so than the clunky, terraced "Temple of Doom"-appearing one for the tournament championship. Just like the look of it. But in spite of that, still looking forward to Lowell grabbing another at the Garden.
    Last edited by riverchief1; 02-26-2017 at 03:49 PM.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Men's basketball and women's hockey both won big games yesterday as well. And I believe men's lax too. Good day to be a Terrier.
    Today as well. Women's hockey beat UNH 3-2 to win their quarterfinal series. Especially important because the semis and finals are at Walter Brown this year.

Couldn't even find a BU thread on the Women's forum so posted it here...

Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    Today as well. Women's hockey beat UNH 3-2 to win their quarterfinal series. Especially important because the semis and finals are at Walter Brown this year.

Couldn't even find a BU thread on the Women's forum so posted it here...
    There is no BU thread there ever.
    Kinda just piggyback off other threads from time to time.

2009 NCAA Champions Sean Pickett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhett Hot View Post
    There is no BU thread there ever.
    I know you're pretty new here, but there are old BU threads in the women's forum. I started one when WBA was renovated before the 2010-11 season: Boston University Women's Hockey. It lasted the entire season and had 78 posts, although I wrote almost a third of them. Bumbles started one the next season: BU Terriers 2011-2012, but they never posted again, so it died a quick death as I didn't want to have to carry a BU thread by myself for another season. Bumbles also started one for an NCAA quarterfinal game in 2013: 2013 NCAA Semifinal: Boston University vs. Mercyhurst that had 30 posts.

So never, not exactly. And you could start one for the women, or even resurrect my thread, as it doesn't have years in the title.

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

Watch BU Hockey highlights
    NCAA Hockey Financials

Quote Originally Posted by Patronick View Post
    They did.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Thread Information