X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    as stated below..... don't dismiss harvard. they are good. more than enough high end talent to make noise late into the spring.
    Very good team and aren't top-heavy with weak D and bottom 6 forwards like some of the Vesey teams. That said, doesn't make up for the fact that BU was skating around like chickens with their heads cut off last night.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      The loss of Olsson was very significant. A great leadership guy who also had the ability to contribute in both zones.
      12-3-1 with Olsson in lineup
      7-6-1 without Olsson

And if Hickey is out for an extended period of time, my concerns about the team's leadership abilities are magnified b/c I don't see it coming from other sources in the lineup. Bobo may be the closest candidate to fill that void.

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
        in 2 years there hasn't been a top 5 defenseman who was sick..tired..or just needed a game off?...and don't give me the we need them to win bs...BU has won every game when they have been hurt or at WJC
        BU actually lost 5 games in the last 2 years when they were missing a top 5 D to injury/WJC duty

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
        Go back to when you were scoring 5 goals a game and dominating play. Use that line up. Sorry if it doesn't fit your NHL agenda.
        BU has scored 5+ goals 6 times this year, in 4 of them Bellows was on the top two lines. I don't think that is the lineup you want them to go back to.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
          We need a combo of Parker's coaching, game planning, and in-game adjustments and Quinn's recruiting, motivating, and developing.
          Parker from 30 years ago or Parker from the last 10 years of his career? Because what we saw last night was typical of the end of Parker's tenure - the entire team getting outworked in a big game by an opponent with less talent (and that's no slam at Harvard who looks like a very good team who was absolutely flying out there). There were also zero adjustments to be seen, again a hallmark of the back half of Parker's tenure.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

as stated below..... don't dismiss harvard. they are good. more than enough high end talent to make noise late into the spring.
            They certainly looked like they belong in Chicago...BU, not so much.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              They're 3-1 in their last four:

Friday 2/10 - loss to UML
              Monday 2/6 - win vs BC
              Friday 2/3 - win vs UMass
              Saturday 1/28 - win vs UML
              Wow, I was sure the Merrimack sweep was more recent. Guess I should have double checked before replying to Bucci....but my point that they should be lower than #4 remains.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                And if Hickey is out for an extended period of time, my concerns about the team's leadership abilities are magnified b/c I don't see it coming from other sources in the lineup. Bobo may be the closest candidate to fill that void.
                Hickey did come out and skate around the ice with the team before the third period and didn't look like he was favoring his leg too much. I don't think he played, but if he was able to at least skate with some power ~30 minutes after getting hit it would make you think we're not looking at an Olsson-type injury. Who knows.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  They certainly looked like they belong in Chicago...BU, not so much.
                  I'd love to see Harvard in Chicago. I expect to see Providence or Lowell there as well. They're my HE top 2 right now.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Let's just hope they are still hungover when they get to Yale on Friday! The SOG numbers last night were pretty crazy. Woodshedesque.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Out of BU's "WJC7", Keller is the only one whom I feel has elevated his play coming off that tournament. Greenway and Harper have pretty much gone AWOL (I think Harper has already hit "the wall"), McAvoy's game has regressed a bit IMO, Fabbro hasn't demonstrated significant nor regression, and Bellows remains a maddening enigma. I leave Oettinger out of this since he didn't see game action in the WJCs and I think he's still the least of BU's concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                        Out of BU's "WJC7", Keller is the only one whom I feel has elevated his play coming off that tournament. Greenway and Harper have pretty much gone AWOL (I think Harper has already hit "the wall"), McAvoy's game has regressed a bit IMO, Fabbro hasn't demonstrated significant nor regression, and Bellows remains a maddening enigma. I leave Oettinger out of this since he didn't see game action in the WJCs and I think he's still the least of BU's concerns.
                        I agree with this 100%. It's almost like the WJC7 (-1) feel like they scaled the mountain mid-season and therefore they are struggling to get up for college hockey games. Bucigross tweeted last night (he was at the Garden) that Keller was the best college hockey player he's seen this season. I don't know what has happened to Greenway. Kid was a beast last year at this time. Now? MIA.
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          I agree with this 100%. It's almost like the WJC7 (-1) feel like they scaled the mountain mid-season and therefore they are struggling to get up for college hockey games. Bucigross tweeted last night (he was at the Garden) that Keller was the best college hockey player he's seen this season. I don't know what has happened to Greenway. Kid was a beast last year at this time. Now? MIA.
                          He was dominating games in the fall as well. He single-handedly took over the second Michigan game out there and won the game for us. But I also agree, Keller has only progressed further since the WJC while the other skaters have plateaued or regressed.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Based on what you guys are saying, will it be up to keller to carry the team like eichel?

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                              I'd love to see Harvard in Chicago. I expect to see Providence or Lowell there as well. They're my HE top 2 right now.
                              I like the way you think!
                              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Did you guys notice that McAvoy was wearing an A last night? Is Quinn rotating the 2nd A? When Olsson went out, I thought Hickey got it.

Comment

Working...
                                X