This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

It appears we need to start a new thread.

Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

A difficult Beanpot sandwich game coming up Friday at UMass-Lowell, who really took to it to BU for the first two periods in the first meeting.

Staying out of the penalty box and the defense playing with discipline make all of the difference. And Oettinger.

PC's Nate Leaman and Quinn getting mentions for the Bruins. Don't see Quinn leaving. Surprised no mention of Norm Bazin among college coaches linked with the Bruins? He has been excellent at Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
      A difficult Beanpot sandwich game coming up Friday at UMass-Lowell, who really took to it to BU for the first two periods in the first meeting.

Staying out of the penalty box and the defense playing with discipline make all of the difference. And Oettinger.

PC's Nate Leaman and Quinn getting mentions for the Bruins. Don't see Quinn leaving. Surprised no mention of Norm Bazin among college coaches linked with the Bruins? He has been excellent at Lowell.
      I've seen Bazin's name floated as well. Also worth noting that BU-Lowell game was the end of BU's six games in 12 days stretch so they were gassed as all hell. Nonetheless the penalties have to stop.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I'm going to do something wacky and be positive for a minute. The Terriers goals against #'s are pretty darn impressive and someone wiser than me once said: "Defense wins championships." Yes, we'd all like to see more offense. Yes, we'd all like to see better flow and a power play that didn't look like a mites passing drill, but hey, at least they keep the puck out of the net and have the nations leader in shorties.

BU Hockey: Glass Half Full
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

A quick scan of the stats page on USCHO shows Keller having far and away the highest PPG average among freshmen at 1.50. The next closest is 1.21. Too bad he missed those games due to injury, he would be pretty high up among the national scoring leaders.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

where's the replay talk??

the b's have sweeney's guy in place now. all this "other mentions" is a waste of air until 2020.
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Is Mookie coming to see Jasmine tomorrow night?
              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                Is Mookie coming to see Jasmine tomorrow night?
                are there seats available?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  are there seats available?
                  There are some left. Go online and order to be sure. They haven't gone to standing room only yet but there are still isolated seats available.
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Someone on twitter brought this to my attention. Former BU player, but cool story on his playing two sports at Army. Happy it all worked out for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPIrXXHJFoM
                    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                      Someone on twitter brought this to my attention. Former BU player, but cool story on his playing two sports at Army. Happy it all worked out for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPIrXXHJFoM
                      Do you know why he had he had to sit out 2015-16 after playing in the USPHL in 2014-15?

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                        Do you know why he had he had to sit out 2015-16 after playing in the USPHL in 2014-15?
                        I think the more relevant question is why was he, and a lot of others, even on the roster at BU? Seriously, what was the deal with the 13-14 roster? I know recruiting wasn't as consistently great as it could've been under Parker in the 00's and early 10's, but it seems like such a gulf in talent levels on that team. On the one hand, we had O'Regan, Grizz, Somerby, Ahti, Rodrigues, etc. But we also had, by my count, 10 guys who should not (and in some cases, did not) have had D1 scholarships (Duane, Collier, MacGregor, Kelley, MacAfee, Ronan, Ryan, Kurker, Lawrence, and Moscatel). I don't really recall anyone saying they weren't coming to BU after Parker announced his retirement so it wasn't like Quinn was scrambling to pick up bodies to fill out a roster. There are always a few guys to fill out a team, walk-ons or recruited walk-ons, but that just seems like so many for any one year.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                          I think the more relevant question is why was he, and a lot of others, even on the roster at BU? Seriously, what was the deal with the 13-14 roster? I know recruiting wasn't as consistently great as it could've been under Parker in the 00's and early 10's, but it seems like such a gulf in talent levels on that team. On the one hand, we had O'Regan, Grizz, Somerby, Ahti, Rodrigues, etc. But we also had, by my count, 10 guys who should not (and in some cases, did not) have had D1 scholarships (Duane, Collier, MacGregor, Kelley, MacAfee, Ronan, Ryan, Kurker, Lawrence, and Moscatel). I don't really recall anyone saying they weren't coming to BU after Parker announced his retirement so it wasn't like Quinn was scrambling to pick up bodies to fill out a roster. There are always a few guys to fill out a team, walk-ons or recruited walk-ons, but that just seems like so many for any one year.
                          Worth noting that Sahir Gill and both Priviteras left during the offseason somewhat unexpectedly. I agree Parker did a poor job with recruiting the bottom two line talent in his final years. He was able to secure pretty good top line guys but often our third and fourth lines were complete jokes and not a threat to contribute in any way. It's tough to fault Quinn much for the 13-14 roster considering there weren't that many players left to be had for the fall when he came on board and with how incredibly well he's recruited since then.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Sunday night's/Monday morning's storm has a name Scarlet! Orson is coming!!!

BU Hockey: More Blizzard of '78 Talk On Tap (can never get enough of it, really)
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                              There are some left. Go online and order to be sure. They haven't gone to standing room only yet but there are still isolated seats available.
                              mookie found the last row with four available and will be in the tsong tonight!!!!! let us hope jasmine has a short skirt and high boots tonight

Comment

Working...
                              X