X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    The team doesn't need to wake up. They're playing hard. They gave everything they had last night, too. I don't want to call the poster(s) out who suggested they weren't motivated, but that/those poster(s) are stupid. Motivation and effort aren't the issue. You can't score if you adhere to Quin's offense. The team needs to either **** him out and do their own thing or start forcing turnovers and going in on some rushes.
    You're right. I'm just frustrated. ND is just jamming up the netural zone. We are coming through center ice with no speed and all we can do is dump it in. Then ND retrieves the puck and out it comes right back out. I get it that they have a "system," but at what point do these players say "screw it?" I mean, they've all been playing hockey for ten or more years, right? Jeez...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      (yes, I hooked my laptop to my TV before someone says "But it's not ON TV").
      I do the same. Not a bad way to watch a game.

Comment

Spoke too soon. Did anyone else's sound go out?

Comment

• Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
          They just scored 12 goals in 2 games...he made adjustments alright...right back to this garbage
          It was unh
          BS UMass Lowell 2015
          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonidas View Post
            Spoke too soon. Did anyone else's sound go out?
            Yup. No sound.

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
              It was unh
              Yep and they got 2 goals against Merrimack doing this..what's your point?

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                The team doesn't need to wake up. They're playing hard. They gave everything they had last night, too. I don't want to call the poster(s) out who suggested they weren't motivated, but that/those poster(s) are stupid. Motivation and effort aren't the issue. You can't score if you adhere to Quin's offense. The team needs to either **** him out and do their own thing or start forcing turnovers and going in on some rushes.
                One can play hard and play stupidly

That's what we have
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Well I think they've shown decent pressure on the power play...now just put one in the net.
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                    Yep and they got 2 goals against Merrimack doing this..what's your point?
                    I'm saying the system you're playing didn't change, the level of opposition, particularly system and goalie talent, is the reason you can have success one weekend and not the next
                    BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      Yup. No sound.
                      Guess BU needed to score to get the sound back.
                      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        One can play hard and play stupidly

That's what we have
                        But I think he's saying THEY are not playing stupidly but the system is stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                          But I think he's saying THEY are not playing stupidly but the system is stupid.
                          We got stupid to share

All first period when the boys are trying to enter the zone the went left.. where the linesman stands every time

Mookie will bet the skates there blocked the puck a good half dozen times.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                            I'm saying the system you're playing didn't change, the level of opposition, particularly system and goalie talent, is the reason you can have success one weekend and not the next
                            He also changed personnel and combinations..that is another reason why you don't score..clearly ND is a better team than UNH but isn't BU supposed to be so much more talented than ND?..lol

Comment

• isn't BU supposed to be so much more talented than ND?..lol
                              Yes, but not by a ridiculous margin.
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

2-1. Keep it coming BU! Don't want to share it with Fake Hockey East.
                                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Working...
                                X