This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    I'm just at a loss for why there's so much argument over whether this faceoff play was legal or not..
    Well there's a lot of frustration with this performance tonight so people have to look for something I guess

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
      Well there's a lot of frustration with this performance tonight so people have to look for something I guess
      I think I was pretty clear in saying I'm not sure it impacted the outcome of the game, but the fact is that it is a penalty. I don't care what the moron Billy Jaffe says. The rules are published online. I think the part that annoys me is the refs could've taken the easy way out by not even calling a penalty but just blowing the whistle and saying it was unintentional. Had they done that quickly, there also wouldn't have been any fighting at the end.

Comment

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
        I think I was pretty clear in saying I'm not sure it impacted the outcome of the game, but the fact is that it is a penalty. I don't care what the moron Billy Jaffe says. The rules are published online. I think the part that annoys me is the refs could've taken the easy way out by not even calling a penalty but just blowing the whistle and saying it was unintentional. Had they done that quickly, there also wouldn't have been any fighting at the end.
        You may be right but the argument is still tantamount to rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. It's meaningless to devote any time to.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          You may be right but the argument is still tantamount to rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. It's meaningless to devote any time to.
          It's meaningless to devote any time to discussing college hockey. But here we are.

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            he didnt cover puck the entire time. he had it on faceoff win.. but protected it by touching, then leaving it under him. ref right there.. i thought he played it smart.
            What he said!
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              And we are still waiting for the lowell player to be suspended for elbow to matt gaudreau's head in the rs finale
              Yup.
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.

Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                Let me type it slowly so you understand. A player is allowed to use his hand to direct the puck to himself as land as he doesn't close his hand on it. Fitzgerald pulled the puck under his body and kept it there while assuming Mookie's favorite doggie position. He was not flat on the puck Neil the very end, possibly after the whistle. No different that a player holding it in his skates in a corner.

Comment

- I thought the play by Fitzgerald was smart, I think it should have been called a penalty based on how the rule reads, but I think it would have had no impact on the result, as others have noted. It's easy to focus on that play since BU finally made it a game, but the loss can be blamed on many other things, none of them pretty.
                  - I'm surprised nobody has commented on Keller's play. Through 57 minutes, he had his usual flashes of brilliance, but he was also turning the puck over in the neutral zone multiple times, and his back checking effort reminded me of Kevin Roy. It was so pronounced, that I actually wondered if Quinn was asking him to hang so much - if a less skilled player had done that, he wouldn't dress.
                  - It's tough to know what changed between a very well played first period and the horrible, horrendous, second period. Was it effort, tactics, head games? It was like night and day.
                  - I'm not going to get down on Oettinger. The first goal was a bit of a flubber, the second goal he should have had, and the third would have been a 10-bell save if he had stopped it. He has been a rock for us this year, and this loss should not be blamed on him at all, IMHO.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                    Let me type it slowly so you understand. A player is allowed to use his hand to direct the puck to himself as land as he doesn't close his hand on it. Fitzgerald pulled the puck under his body and kept it there while assuming Mookie's favorite doggie position. He was not flat on the puck Neil the very end, possibly after the whistle. No different that a player holding it in his skates in a corner.
                    I thought they changed that rule so that the player taking a faceoff couldn't touch the puck with his hand? I saw a penalty called on it in Alfond but he may have closed his hand on it?
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Looking back at the goals I also think 5 for BU got beat on the 2nd goal. Looked like he should have been able to win that battle. He may have but then made a brutal decision with the puck. 3rd goal...not sure what the hell you guys were doing there. Total chaos. Ultimately keller pokes it out into no man's land and you're left scrambling after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        I thought they changed that rule so that the player taking a faceoff couldn't touch the puck with his hand? I saw a penalty called on it in Alfond but he may have closed his hand on it?
                        Now that part is correct. So if he immediately plays puck with hand right as the puck is dropped, that is a penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Now that part is correct. So if he immediately plays puck with hand right as the puck is dropped, that is a penalty.
                          The penalty called in alfond was for a puck still in the circle, it was played by sticks first but it just sat there and a maine player threw it to corner.
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                            Did you REALLY type that slowly???
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              boy I'll say, you're gonna have to start another thread soon. This one is en fuego

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                The point is, after it happens the first time and they call the hypothetical penalty there's ~6 seconds left. Enough time to get one shot off? If EVERYTHING runs clean, but one hiccup or if the BC center ties up the BU center's stick, game over. I'm just at a loss for why there's so much argument over whether this faceoff play was legal or not. If there's 20 seconds left on the clock, sure it's worth arguing. But whether or not BC was called for a penalty there did not deny BU a chance to win on an ensuing PP.

Not to mention the 85 gajillion GRADE A+++++++++ chances BU had at the front of the net in the first and third period that Woll either stoned or BU missed on. That game was inches from being 6-3 BU even with the abomination of a second period and first 10:00 of the third. Even throw in that play at the end of the second where the light went on. McAvoy has the puck on his stick with ~12 inches of wide open net and he backhands it back into Woll's pad. Wasn't an easy shot to make but he could've bumped it right in. Keller's miss in the third with the top half of the WIDE open while Woll had fallen down and the puck trickled out. BU misfired on so many high quality chances and Woll stopped just as many of them. That's why they lost, not because of a faceoff with 9 seconds left that was possibly a delay of game.
                                Gosh-darnit, brassbonanza is the only one of you on here talking any sense.

Both teams dominated long stretches of this game. BU failed to put their chances in the net. And Woll was excellent when he needed to be.

I'm looking for Ryan Cloonan to finally cash in on a four-leaf clover next weekend and knock in three, leading the Terriers to the FF. Woo!
                                Go BU!

Comment

Working...
                                X