X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    You have to sign in with your cable account first (provided you get ESPN through your cable and they've made themselves available on ESPN's site, which most have). Besides that you just have to find the game and click it yes.
    Great, thanks! I was worried there would be some sort of prep needed, and now I know there is!
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Have we figured out yet that this guy leads the country in scoring?

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
        There is seriously something missing with this team...first goal the forwards cover nobody...the second goal Krys just floats in and hands them the puck for a 2 on 1....just absolutely no battle from a number of players...everyone wants to float around and hope the puck squirts to them...can Bellows win one freaking battle for a puck???
        Last edited by BUtogether; 02-18-2017, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
          And he is undrafted!!!!
          BS UMass Lowell 2015
          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

That escalated quickly
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              That escalated quickly
              Well, we scored some goals.

Comment

MUCH better effort. Now I know people will say "Well, YEAH...they won" - but that's the point....that's WHY they won because they were engaged and into the game and gave a lot of effort. I think that's all that a lot of us are asking for.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                  There is seriously something missing with this team...first goal the forwards cover nobody...the second goal Krys just floats in and hands them the puck for a 2 on 1....just absolutely no battle from a number of players...everyone wants to float around and hope the puck squirts to them...can Bellows win one freaking battle for a puck???
                  Well at least I was half right...lol

Comment

If the Providence/ND game stays ties (it's in OT now), we only have to win one out of two next weekend.

Comment

ND and BC both tie. So if we win two next weekend and BC splits with Lowell, BU wins the league (owning the tiebreaker over BC).

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        If the Providence/ND game stays ties (it's in OT now), we only have to win one out of two next weekend.
                        Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        The NBCSN announcer said that a ND win would give them a bye. That didn't happened, but BU did win to reach 27 points, which is how many ND would have had with a win. I looked at the standing after all the games ended and it does appear that BU has locked up a bye with the 3 points this weekend. ND and UML can still pass BU, but the best PC can do is tie BU for fourth with 27 points, and no one else can reach 27 points. If BU and PC are tied for 4th with 27 points BU will be seeded 4th as they win the tiebreaker. If BU, PC and UML all finish tied for 3rd with 27 points it looks like BU (2-1-1) would be seeded 3rd, PC (also 2-1-1, but 0-1-1 vs BU) 4th and UML (1-3) 5th.

I would much prefer a sweep of ND however, as I want the team going into the playoffs on a winning streak and hopefully playing well.

Sean
                        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                        BU Hockey highlights and extras
                        NCAA Hockey Financials
                        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Nice W, with a nice balanced scoring attack. Have to say I am surprised that Quinn stuck with his Friday lineup.

First place is still a good possibility.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

It was good to see a solid 60 minutes of action last night. Maybe it was the large sheet of ice, but they skated well. Still some eye-rolling moments, like Krys's miscue that led to UNH's second goal, but light year's better than they've been playing the last couple of weeks. I know Harvard and UML are better than UNH, but BU hasn't been playing well in general so regardless of the talent level of the opponent, I think it was a definite improvement.

As for playoff seedings, BU has clinched a bye. As for where they finish, BU should just concentrate on themselves and not worry about the other games. Same goes for me. They'll end up where they end up and if they don't get the position they want, they have no one to blame but themselves. It is good to know that their wins over BC and Providence could help them down the road.

The number of cars pulled over by MA State Police on the ride home last night was excessive.

Comment

So, the final weekend features series between 1-4 and 2-3 in the standings and any of the four could come out on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                With Villa Kentala and Petrie Kaskamaki! #FinnishFinishers
                                Give 'em Helsinki!
                                Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Working...
                                X