X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
    Seriously...he's been so atrocious you can't even hide him...if he wasn't an NHL draft pick he would be getting the Udall treatment
    Asking seriously, do you have knowledge of Quinn actually getting calls from GMs and making lineup decisions based on it? Did he get any for Greer? Kurker? I know that college coaches do have interaction with NHL GMs that have drafted the players, but I think it is a whole different issue to let the dictate the lineup.

My personal opinion is that even if he does get strong "requests" from the GM's, if Quinn felt Switzer and or Diffley really should be in there, they would at least be playing some games. No GM is going to care if their draft pick doesn't play both games of a series against Merrimack.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Pulled from the Recruit Thread. 3 outta 4 ain't bad...

Kieffer Bellows, LW, 6-0/195, Edina, Minn. (Boston University) - He's not the fastest player, but he keeps up and he knows where to go to find the puck to get off shots. He also has a quick and strong stick that allows him to get shots off in traffic. His release is incredibly quick and he has a heavy shot. He scored twice by driving the net and letting line mate and fellow BU recruit Clayton Keller find him. He took a slap shot in the third period that went high and wide, but it took off so fast from his stick, it was hard to believe.

Clayton Keller, LC, 5-10/168, Swansea, Ill. (Boston University) - He's a smooth skater with incredible vision and soft hands that allow him to be such a terrific set up guy. On all three goals Keller assisted on, he smoothly carried the puck deep into the zone before dishing it out front or out to the point. He doesn't possess blazing speed, but he's quick and agile. He has an active stick and caused a couple of turnovers by playing pesky. His offensive creativity and special hands let him create time and space to distribute the puck. He made a couple of real nice touch, saucer passes.

Chad Krys, RD, 5-11/184, Ridgefield, Conn. (Boston University) - His skating ability and mobility allow him to cover a ton of space in the defensive zone. A left shot, He has a good active stick and did a good job most of the time in his own zone Friday. He did a good job of getting in shooting and passing lanes. There were a couple of spots where he got beat or was caught in no-man's land, but that's to be expected for a 17 year-old kid out against a premier college program. He has good footwork and is so nimble carrying the puck up ice.

Jake Oettinger, 6-4/201, Lakeville, Minn. (Boston University) - He made 41 saves on 45 shots and did most of it look effortless. He's a big goaltender that covers a lot of net. He's a hybrid butterfly goalie who makes quick lateral movement in the crease. He's graceful and smooth in front of his cage. He challenges shooters and covers up rebounds quickly. A late '98, he's not eligible for the 2016 NHL Draft.
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Congrats on the Beanpot Championship.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          Congrats on the Beanpot Championship.
          Everything I read keeps labeling BU as the favorite. Anyone that is paying attention knows otherwise (I know, I know, it's the Beanpot, so BU should be favored). Harvard is unbeaten in 8 games, has the best winning % in the country, and is now actually ranked ahead of BU. The Terriers meanwhile, have stumbled losing 3 out of 4.

I'm hoping for a competitive game, and hoping our edge in net gets us the trophy.

Unsolicited surprise hero prediction: Nick Roberto
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Everything I read keeps labeling BU as the favorite. Anyone that is paying attention knows otherwise (I know, I know, it's the Beanpot, so BU should be favored). Harvard is unbeaten in 8 games, has the best winning % in the country, and is now actually ranked ahead of BU. The Terriers meanwhile, have stumbled losing 3 out of 4.

I'm hoping for a competitive game, and hoping our edge in net gets us the trophy.

They're 3-1 in their last four:

Friday 2/10 - loss to UML
            Monday 2/6 - win vs BC
            Friday 2/3 - win vs UMass
            Saturday 1/28 - win vs UML

Comment

Everything I read keeps labeling BU as the favorite.
              As they say in financial circles, past performance is no guarantee of future results.

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                And the slime emerges for the c**phole...
                That's the same though I have when I see you post.
                Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

"Jabacka" karlsson...that was uttered by mike felger

I like it, maybe it will catch on

Comment

The way you guys talk about bellows, he sounds like a very poor man's glen murray

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      "Jabacka" karlsson...that was uttered by mike felger

I like it, maybe it will catch on
                      OK, I love that.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        OK, I love that.
                        He was serious though, guy is terrible with names. Even his own beloved terriers.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          He was serious though, guy is terrible with names. Even his own beloved terriers.
                          Oh, I'm sure it was serious. Still, it sounds like a Star Wars name.

Comment

I didn't say anything about BU being the favorite or the underdog. I was simply congratulating the BU fans in advance of their Beanpot victory. Will this be #31 now?
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Asking seriously, do you have knowledge of Quinn actually getting calls from GMs and making lineup decisions based on it? Did he get any for Greer? Kurker? I know that college coaches do have interaction with NHL GMs that have drafted the players, but I think it is a whole different issue to let the dictate the lineup.

My personal opinion is that even if he does get strong "requests" from the GM's, if Quinn felt Switzer and or Diffley really should be in there, they would at least be playing some games. No GM is going to care if their draft pick doesn't play both games of a series against Merrimack.
                              Answering seriously ...yes I know for a fact. ..it is well known in NHL circles what the set up is at BU. Do you really believe if Diffley or Switzer replaced one of the top 6 on a regular basis that there would be no repercussions from their NHL team? There are also trades being discussed for some of BU's D...you think they are going to sit with that going on?

And for the record while some on here are being fooled by phantom torchings and lucky bounces..the NHL scouts are not..and guess what they watch practice too
                              Last edited by BUtogether; 02-13-2017, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                They're 3-1 in their last four:

Friday 2/10 - loss to UML
                                Monday 2/6 - win vs BC
                                Friday 2/3 - win vs UMass
                                Saturday 1/28 - win vs UML
                                Badly outplayed in both Lowell games..struggled with a terrible Umass team but ok all is well

Comment

Working...
                                X