Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 1001

Thread: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

  1. #761
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    6,871

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

    Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Minnesota winning does not get them over BU. I'm taking this from Numbers, but his line is this - WMU wins two, they get #4. If they don't, BU is next in line if they win two. If they don't, MN is next if they win two. After that, shrug. Of course there may be a scenario here or there where these don't hold true, but in most cases it does.
    OK, I can accept that, I just saw Minnesota as the larger threat to take the #4 overall over BU. I don't believe that WMU will win 2. (watch it happen now) BTW, this isn't a prediction BU wins out also, just looking at the scenarios.

    Even in that scenario I linked to with Minnesota and BU both winning out, BU is just .0006 above Minnesota in RPI so the margin is extremely close.

    EDIT: I tried some scenarios to try to get MN over BU with both winning out and that 1st scenario I posted (with the .0006 win for BU) is the closest I can get so Numbers could very well be right.
    Last edited by Tater; 03-12-2017 at 10:36 PM.

  2. #762
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    South Shore, MA
    Posts
    7,439

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

    Is the parade scheduled for next Sunday yet?
    No sense in waiting. Git 'er done.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

  3. #763
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35,183

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    Is the parade scheduled for next Sunday yet?
    No sense in waiting. Git 'er done.
    you tell us!!! duckboats for igles next hea championship
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  4. #764
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bear Republic
    Posts
    4,796

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    This, and BU got a bit of SOS bump for playing #22 PWR NU for 2 games instead of #39 PWR UNH for 3 games. No idea of the effect, I'll leave that to the mathematicians.
    A.K.A. PWR Specialist and resident matematician, Mookie
    *****

  5. #765
    Blackhawks!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    BU Bandwagon, MA
    Posts
    7,611

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

    Who's winning the sandbag battle so far? Someone create a score sheet.

    BU Hockey: I've Seen This Movie Before
    It Happened!!!!

  6. #766
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,202

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

    Let's be real here. BC has a good team but they have struggled against better competition. I think BC CAN win this game but there is a clear favorite and it's not them. Maybe York will show the team the tape from that great night in Worcester back in 2006

  7. #767
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    28,661

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    Who's winning the sandbag battle so far? Someone create a score sheet.

    BU Hockey: I've Seen This Movie Before
    I know, right???? All I have to say is this - I've been saying since, well, the beginning of time but also starting in January, that BC will go to the NCAAs and most likely will be in Chicago because that's what they do. To me. That's what they do to me. All the hand wringing about how poorly they were playing? Washed away with this past weekend's results. They're right on schedule. Much like when I said two weeks ago when it was in the 70s that I felt we still had one last big storm in us, I hate when I'm right!

    Also, even though Quinn said that both Bobo and MacLeod (that sounds like the name of a 70s PI show) would be available this weekend, they were still injured this past weekend so I worry we won't be at 100%. BC seems to be OK in that area. Plus, it's St. Patrick's Day. That doesn't bode well for BU either. Also, looks like more stormy weather ahead for this weekend. Greeeeat. Jim Cantore from the Weather Channel is already in Boston for tomorrow's store, which means we are so screwed.

  8. #768
    Super Serial
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Back to Comm. Ave
    Posts
    2,729

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

    There is no snow or rain predicted for Friday and accumulations of <1 inch for Saturday.
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

  9. #769
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    5,567

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

    Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Does his ELC clock not begin by playing in the AHL? I was always under the impression that it did.
    Nope... read the link I posted above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  10. #770
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    5,567

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    I've been saying since, well, the beginning of time but also starting in January, that BC will go to the NCAAs and most likely will be in Chicago because that's what they do.
    You've been wrong since starting in January.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  11. #771
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, MA
    Posts
    2,998

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Let's be real here. BC has a good team but they have struggled against better competition. I think BC CAN win this game but there is a clear favorite and it's not them. Maybe York will show the team the tape from that terrible night in Worcester back in 2006
    fyp

  12. #772
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    28,661

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    You've been wrong since starting in January.
    Like you were about the Beanpot?

  13. #773
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    6,871

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Plus, it's St. Patrick's Day. That doesn't bode well for BU either.
    Never change, Scarlet. Never change.

  14. #774
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, MA
    Posts
    2,998

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Never change, Scarlet. Never change.
    Well, far be it from me to "defend" Scarlet, but you have to admit that her trepidation is well-founded. In the "early years" (read: before 2000) BU dominated BC. We were leading in National Championships 4-1 and would regularly win the Beanpot and almost any "big" game against them. I remember going to McHugh Fourm more than once when we just smoked them and the BC fans were disgusted (and harrassing us - I'll never forget one woman screaming at me: "At least all our boys are AMERICANS!"). Since the "York" era (particularly since they broke through in Albany), it has flipped in the other direction. The seminal moment was "that game" in Worcester. It's when BC clearly took over the series, IMO. Other than '09, BC has dominated us. Any other spin is denial. THEY have led in NCs 4-1 and have won more Beanpots (not that the Beanpot is the end all - but it's symbolic of the trajectory of the two programs). I remember the days when we KNEW we would beat BC. Always. Remember OC's famous quote in 1978: "We shouldn't have to beat BC for the Nationals - we can do that anytime." Well, not the case anymore.

    I'm not saying we won't win. But I am very anxious about this game. Yes, I know we are going to the NCAA's regardless - but that's not the point. If we don't win, it tells me that this team is not at the level to get them very far in the tournament - just like most of the past few years. (and I'm not sandbagging)

  15. #775
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    28,661

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Never change, Scarlet. Never change.
    If you give me 30 minutes, I can probably come up with more!! It's what I do.

  16. #776
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

    Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    Well, far be it from me to "defend" Scarlet, but you have to admit that her trepidation is well-founded. In the "early years" (read: before 2000) BU dominated BC. We were leading in National Championships 4-1 and would regularly win the Beanpot and almost any "big" game against them. I remember going to McHugh Fourm more than once when we just smoked them and the BC fans were disgusted (and harrassing us - I'll never forget one woman screaming at me: "At least all our boys are AMERICANS!"). Since the "York" era (particularly since they broke through in Albany), it has flipped in the other direction. The seminal moment was "that game" in Worcester. It's when BC clearly took over the series, IMO. Other than '09, BC has dominated us. Any other spin is denial. THEY have led in NCs 4-1 and have won more Beanpots (not that the Beanpot is the end all - but it's symbolic of the trajectory of the two programs). I remember the days when we KNEW we would beat BC. Always. Remember OC's famous quote in 1978: "We shouldn't have to beat BC for the Nationals - we can do that anytime." Well, not the case anymore.

    I'm not saying we won't win. But I am very anxious about this game. Yes, I know we are going to the NCAA's regardless - but that's not the point. If we don't win, it tells me that this team is not at the level to get them very far in the tournament - just like most of the past few years. (and I'm not sandbagging)
    Wasn't there a Providence team that won the NCAA's a few years back that didn't win Hockey East...
    Boston University '16
    University of Michigan '18

  17. #777
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    28,661

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

    Quote Originally Posted by WolverineofTerrier View Post
    Wasn't there a Providence team that won the NCAA's a few years back that didn't win Hockey East...
    Really? You had to bring THAT up? Sheesh.

  18. #778
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,297

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

    Quote Originally Posted by WolverineofTerrier View Post
    Wasn't there a Providence team that won the NCAA's a few years back that didn't win Hockey East...

    You can even see the moment mookie's heart explodes!
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 20(19?)



    Quote Originally Posted by BUtogether View Post
    And I'd be giving BJ's to any kid
    RIP KRoy4Hobey, Gone, but probably Gr8Sk8M8

  19. #779
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    South Shore, MA
    Posts
    7,439

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

    Quote Originally Posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    That's easy to see. Just tune in whenever the Pats play the Stillers.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

  20. #780
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35,183

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

    if y'all are gonna fight, fight fair
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •