Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Ohio St - 2/10 & 2/11

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
    Zuhlsdorf is #20, Sadek is #2. Replay shows Zuhlsdorf turning to retrieve the puck so there was no attempt to bait a CFB on his part.
    It doesn't have to be "baiting" to draw a penalty. The point is he knew a hit was coming and turned his back anyway. Add to that the fact that as he turned to pass the puck the hit didn't land squarely on his back, and that the OSU player tried to pull up when he saw the back turned, it was a questionable call.
    Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
    University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

That was the worst display of undisciplined hockey i have ever seen. I dont know what hockeybuckeye is watching with Healey but he clearly left his feet and did what i have watched him to for 4 years play stupid hockey. Your on the PP with a 2 goal lead already and you make that play? he will probably be lost for next weekend and should be imo. As for the 2nd major it happened right in front of me im not sure it deserved 5 minutes but dont hit him in the numbers and it wont get called. The problem i have is the guy 100 feet away called the penalty on the one 2 feet from it. I thought 5 on 5 Ohio state was the better team. Hope to get a chance at the gophers in detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
        ^ For people who watch a little bit too much hockey...
        And coaches!
        A very poor weekend for both teams' goaltenders: 20 total goals on 126 shots = .841 combined SV%.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Hit on Romanko was a clear hit to the head and Healy's skates left the ice, and the hit on Sadek in the corner was a textbook CFB. How are those undeserved?
          I'm not saying Healy wasn't guilty, what I AM saying is if the blatant hit done to OUR guy right before Healy's had been called as it should then Healy's never would have happened! He was leveled high in the slot and the puck was well away from it against the boards behind the goal line! Stork was indeed boarding but NOT worthy in the slightest of a 5 min major! I was sitting right on top of that one. Even the play by play guys on BTN were dumbfounded it was a 5 and they were pretty biased towards Minnesota in everything else but that.
          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-11-2017, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            And coaches!
            A very poor weekend for both teams' goaltenders: 20 total goals on 126 shots = .841 combined SV%.
            Ya there were definitely a few nice moves and snipes this weekend (Schilkey's goal on Friday made SportsCenter's Top 10 Plays) but both goalies gave up a few rebounds that they shouldn't have and let in a couple of week goals. I have a sneaking suspicion that whichever Big 10 team makes the tournament this year (I'm assuming there will only be one again...) will be another one and done.

Comment

I completely disagree that he intentionally turned his back to draw a penalty. Re-watch that play. More importantly the OSU player had plenty of time to not only not deliver the hit but also to not follow-through all the way once he engaged. That was a stupid hit and completely deserving of the call.

As for Rohlick I thought he handled himself pretty well given the circumstances. Every coach that gives a **** about their team is going to stick up for his team and to be honest he didn't even become that demonstrative. He voiced his opinion and in doing so is also hoping to try and encourage a make-up call later in the game.

[edit] I didn't hear the BTN guys call any of the penalties into question.

Part II If we're going to talk about "shouldn't haves" Joshua shouldn't have scored because he should have been ejected.
              Last edited by Slap Shot; 02-11-2017, 11:08 PM.

Comment

It doesn't have to be "baiting" to draw a penalty. The point is he knew a hit was coming and turned his back anyway. Add to that the fact that as he turned to pass the puck the hit didn't land squarely on his back, and that the OSU player tried to pull up when he saw the back turned, it was a questionable call.
                I saw it differently. He knew the hit was coming?? How would you know that? Replay clearly shows his head is down trying to find the puck and he's hit from behind with the momentum resulting in his head being slammed against the wall. That's going to be called every time. Protect players from head injuries is top priority today in the NCAA and rightly so. Whichever team gets that call doesn't matter to me, I work in this field. TBI is serious, disrupt the blood brain barrier and that results in neurological dysfunction for a lifetime. I agree with the refs.

Comment

You Gophers can go on all you want about a wins a win but you couldn't have come close tonight to winning even strength!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    I completely disagree that he intentionally turned his back to draw a penalty.
                    Again, that's not what I said he did. I said he turned his back knowing a hit was coming. He was trying to play the puck, not draw a penalty, but that doesn't change the fact that he knew the hit was coming and chose to put himself in a vulnerable position. Also, I have watched the replay, and A.) by the time Zuhlsdorf was turned, the OSU player had like three feet to stop his momentum; not enough to avoid contact and B.) he didn't follow through; he was trying to pull up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                      You Gophers can go on all you want about a wins a win but you couldn't have come close tonight to winning even strength!
                      Good news for people who love bad news we witnessed Gopher hockey history tonight. The Gophers scored 6 power play goals tonight for the first time in the 95 years of Gopher hockey.
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

So this guy is your version of UMICH. Well done sir.

Again, that's not what I said he did. I said he turned his back knowing a hit was coming. He was trying to play the puck, not draw a penalty, but that doesn't change the fact that he knew the hit was coming and chose to put himself in a vulnerable position. Also, I have watched the replay, and A.) by the time Zuhlsdorf was turned, the OSU player had like three feet to stop his momentum; not enough to avoid contact and B.) he didn't follow through; he was trying to pull up.
                        Ok we'll agree to disagree on pretty much all of that.

Comment

Really a shame that there are rules in hockey, huh? Bummer.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Rohlik was crying incidental contact too on the Joshua hit on Rem, which is laughable. Guaranteed, Rem rounding the net was not a surprise to Joshua.
                            Which was also a hit to the head, one of 3 I saw. Rem was ducking, so I am fine with 2 in, but I've seen hits to the head on a ducking guy called before (especially since he hadn't even played the puck). And on the CFB, there was time to pull up. It wasn't like he turned right before the hit, and he was driven into the boards. If his head had been down instead of up, it could have been dangerous. It wasn't a stellar game by the refs. There were a couple missed calls both ways. But on both the 5 minutes, I thought they were majors the minute second they happened.
                            Last edited by Koho; 02-12-2017, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Gophers played a bunch of goons last night. Penn State at least had the scruples to not try to injure the other team. It was chippy both ways but it wasn't malicious.

Way to stoop to the level of the Sioux under Hakstol. Here's some free advice: it didn't work well for them and it's not something to strive for.

The CFB was textbook. From behind, made no attempt to stop, and was just a couple feet off the boards. That could have seriously hurt him. The CTH was a clear five as well. The other play should have been a third five when the player left his feet. That was clearly a malicious attempt to injure.

Your coach would do well to drive it into your players that crap like that doesn't have a place in hockey.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Sooooooooo...............ummmmmmmm................ ..........stay the he!! out of the penalty box and play the game the right way.

Comment

Working...
                                X