Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Women's D-III NCAA Selection Thread

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
    I hate Gustavus. Well, they've pulled off their playoff upset. Their luck won't carry them through the next round.
    I can't believe they won with the dump and chase. That was the whole night.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• With 40 shots on goal you have to score 3 or 4 goals. Typically one in ten shots goes in the net in women's hockey. When you can't match that ratio don't be surprised if you lose. Also it's amazing how often scoring 3 goals in a game will get you a win, even if you have to resort to the Dump and Chase strategy to do it. If that's what helps you compete with a better team, then as much as I hate to compliment MC, it sounds like that coaching decision was successful.
      Last edited by shelfit; 03-11-2017, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Congratulations to the University of River Falls Women's Hockey team, coach Cranston, his staff, the players, and Athletic Administration for their great season. For as much as I enjoyed watching Gustavus win I was as much sad to see RF loss. It is unfortunate that fans at the finals wouldn't get to see Dani Sibley perform next weekend, she is really fun to see play. River Falls arena while not complete was ready to host, they had pulled out all the stops to be ready by moving all the work to the ice arena to have it ready for next weekend, they will be a great host in the near future.

Gustavus is ready to host if Elmira wins or Adrian hasn't made a bid. Go Gusties! And I can't believe I am writing this, Go Tommies, eck!
        4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
        SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

Wow, what a day for D3 Women's hockey! I loved that all the games were free online with decent commentators. The thing that bothered me was that I had to watch 3 games at once, but made my day more efficient

Tommies, way to represent... you gave it all!

Norwich, never gave up. I stopped watching at 4-2 because there were other games on and then to my surprise you were in OT. Great Game to watch both teams were going for it.

Lewicki is the real deal! Adrian vs Elmira was a back and forth game with untimely penalties.

Platts will be tough to beat, a team has to hope that they beat themselves with penalties. The NCAA had the right teams in the tournament based upon the games this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
            Wow, what a day for D3 Women's hockey! I loved that all the games were free online with decent commentators. The thing that bothered me was that I had to watch 3 games at once, but made my day more efficient

Tommies, way to represent... you gave it all!

Norwich, never gave up. I stopped watching at 4-2 because there were other games on and then to my surprise you were in OT. Great Game to watch both teams were going for it.

Lewicki is the real deal! Adrian vs Elmira was a back and forth game with untimely penalties.

Platts will be tough to beat, a team has to hope that they beat themselves with penalties. The NCAA had the right teams in the tournament based upon the games this weekend.
            The Tommies played a very aggressive game and were able to get away with it. Ironically both of their goals were on the powerplay which was quite impressive. Plattsburgh adjusted the PK after the second goal and took that edge away. I will also tell you the shot totals were quite stingy for both sides. At this time of year, all the teams left are good and St Thomas showed they belonged in that group.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
              The Tommies played a very aggressive game and were able to get away with it. Ironically both of their goals were on the powerplay which was quite impressive. Plattsburgh adjusted the PK after the second goal and took that edge away. I will also tell you the shot totals were quite stingy for both sides. At this time of year, all the teams left are good and St Thomas showed they belonged in that group.
              I do think this is the strategy teams have to take against Plattsburgh. Go balls to the wall for the first period and see if you can get a lead. It seemed like St Thomas played like they had nothing to lose. Which truly they didn't. Everyone expected them to lie down and take a beating and they didn't. A lot of folks thought it would be an easy win for Plattsburgh and it wasn't.

I think a lot of teams go in afraid of Plattsburgh...I think St Thomas showed they are beatable if you have talent.
              UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
              NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
              Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                I do think this is the strategy teams have to take against Plattsburgh. Go balls to the wall for the first period and see if you can get a lead. It seemed like St Thomas played like they had nothing to lose. Which truly they didn't. Everyone expected them to lie down and take a beating and they didn't. A lot of folks thought it would be an easy win for Plattsburgh and it wasn't.

I think a lot of teams go in afraid of Plattsburgh...I think St Thomas showed they are beatable if you have talent.
                As Herb Brooks proved....you can't defend against them....you have to take it to them...I just don't think anybody has enough to do that for 60 minutes...but we will see. Plattsburgh just wore down UST yesterday.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...
                X