2017 Women's D-III NCAA Selection Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Women's D-III NCAA Selection Thread

Current numbers would favor Endicott over Lake Forest for the 2nd Pool C, after Elmira. How many heads would explode in the Midwest if that is how things turned out?
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

• Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
      Current numbers would favor Endicott over Lake Forest for the 2nd Pool C, after Elmira. How many heads would explode in the Midwest if that is how things turned out?
      I wouldn't. I felt Lake Forest needed to win one of the games last weekend to have a chance. I'd enjoy it more from the end of watching the NESCACians lose their ****.

I was wondering about if Eau Claire beat River Falls. I'd assume River Falls still gets the Pool B, but does that put Eau Claire in the mix?
      Last edited by gojackets; 02-23-2017, 10:10 PM.
      UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
      NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
      Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
        Somehow their SOS is slightly higher, I imagine as they proceed through their conference playoffs their SOS will decrease enough to put LFC ahead of them in that category.
        UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
          Instead of me claiming that Endicott and LF don't even deserve to be in this conversation, could someone please tell me why they should be? I'm having a really hard time figuring it out. Is it that Endicott tied Wesleyan? Or that LF beat who? Who is the best team LF beat?

Comment

• Originally posted by Call It View Post
            Instead of me claiming that Endicott and LF don't even deserve to be in this conversation, could someone please tell me why they should be? I'm having a really hard time figuring it out. Is it that Endicott tied Wesleyan? Or that LF beat who? Who is the best team LF beat?
            Who should replace them? I mean Conn lost to Wesleyan. So I don't know what your argument is.
            Last edited by gojackets; 02-24-2017, 12:02 PM.
            UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Sadly, I don't think it's who LF has beaten. I think it's who they haven't lost to. Of their 4 losses, 3 are at the hands of Adrian and their first loss was during opening weekend. As Gojackets said, they've beaten everyone they should where other teams have not.

Comment

• Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                Who should replace them? I mean Conn lost to Wesleyan. So I don't know what your argument is.
                I don't have as much of a problem with LF as I do with Endicott. LF is one of the better teams in the West so if they qualify so be it. Endicott is clearly not one of the better teams in the East in spite of their overall record. Their schedule is mighty weak! I guess you could argue they beat Trinity and Bowdoin in non-conference play so that shows how good they are, except those 2 teams ended up 4th and 5th in the NESCAC, which means there are a LOT of Eastern teams better than Endicott that have "worse" overall records.

Comment

I really don't get it. You keep arguing that Endicott isn't as good and hasn't played "good teams". But Conn has a worse record against those teams.

Williams Smith: Conn 1-0-1. End. 1-0
                  Wesleyan: Conn 1-1, End 0-0-1
                  Colby: Conn 2-0, End 1-0
                  Castleton Conn 0-0-1 (1-1 tie) End 1-0 (7-3 win)
                  Middlebury. Conn 1-1, End 0-1
                  Trinity Conn 1-1. Endicott 1-0
                  Bowdoin Conn 0-1-1. Endicott 1-0 (5-1 win)

Conn is 6-4-3 against those teams, Endicott is 5-1-1
                  UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Believe me...I'm as surprised as anyone that Endicott is where they are. But when you start looking at the "data" it isn't as surprising.

Yes Conn has a big SOS advantage even though I don't know why. They haven't played anyone tough outside their conferences 4/9 Nescac teams have losing records and the best team has a 70% win record.

Endicott win: 89.1%. SOS .466. R vs R 0-1, COP 5-1-1 (Conn) 4-2-1 (Hamilton
                    Conn College: win 70.5%, SOS .526 R vs R 1-1, COP 6-4-3
                    Hamilton Win 67.4%, SOS .517. R vs R 2-1-1, COP 6-4-2

So in the criteria they are 2-2 against both NESCAC teams since there is no head to head. Endicott wins bigly in win% and common opponents, the Nescac a win bigly in SOS ad maybe the sample size is too small for the results vs ranked. Basically it comes down to the games against Middlebury. So the committee could be saying "hey, Endicott has a better common opponent record, so put them ahead.

I think all 3 teams are pretty close...I think you could make a better case for Hamilton being ahead of Endicott, but Endicott looks more favorable against Conn and with the head to head Conn is definitely over Hamilton...so it's that whole 3-way thing. Obviously if the Nescac teams don't beat Middlebury...they'll lose again and if Endicott wins their conference they'll be ahead. I personally feel that Lake Forest is a better team than Endicott..but you know that already.
                    Last edited by gojackets; 02-24-2017, 03:40 PM.
                    UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                      Believe me...I'm as surprised as anyone that Endicott is where they are. But when you start looking at the "data" it isn't as surprising.

Yes Conn has a big SOS advantage even though I don't know why. They haven't played anyone tough outside their conferences 4/9 Nescac teams have losing records and the best team has a 70% win record.

Endicott win: 89.1%. SOS .466. R vs R 0-1, COP 5-1-1 (Conn) 4-2-1 (Hamilton
                      Conn College: win 70.5%, SOS .526 R vs R 1-1, COP 6-4-3
                      Hamilton Win 67.4%, SOS .517. R vs R 2-1-1, COP 6-4-2

So in the criteria they are 2-2 against both NESCAC teams since there is no head to head. Endicott wins bigly in win% and common opponents, the Nescac a win bigly in SOS ad maybe the sample size is too small for the results vs ranked. Basically it comes down to the games against Middlebury. So the committee could be saying "hey, Endicott has a better common opponent record, so put them ahead.
                      Bigly is a Midwest word, right? Like pop instead of soda?
                      Steve
                      Penn State Class of '95
                      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
                        I'm just using our supreme leaders favorite word
                        UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Won't Endicott's SoS take a hit in the CHC tournament?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Won't Endicott's SoS take a hit in the CHC tournament?
                            I'm sure it will but that doesn't seem to be hurting them now as it is.
                            UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                              It's a Trump word
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                                And washroom instead of restroom.......

Comment

Working...
                                X