Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 568

Thread: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

  1. #161
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    25,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
    The single team season pass for 89.99 includes playoffs, do not give them more money for poor product.
    Agreed, if you've bought this sheet, don't cough up more.

  2. #162
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    North
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Agreed, if you've bought this sheet, don't cough up more.
    Is this stated on the website somewhere? I see where it says the 129$ package includes playoffs, but it doesn't say the one team only package does. I recall last year not getting to watch any playoff games because it would not let me access them. Would love to watch the LSSU series....

  3. #163
    Still upright
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tours, it's in France.
    Posts
    6,000

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    bb, given the limitations of the schools' internet feeds, I don't think it's terrible. I think Tech's feed was one of the worst because it would freeze up so much. I didn't watch any LSSU but the others were pretty much ok, with the exception of UAH which stopped a lot. I loved the UAH announcer though, and even the arena announcer there is a hoot. You can't take them too seriously though, everyone knows what they are, even them.
    I might actually go up to houghton this weekend any way.
    and the NCHC costs quite a bit more per game than ours does, at least for the single game feed.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

    It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

  4. #164
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,052

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    bb, given the limitations of the schools' internet feeds, I don't think it's terrible. I think Tech's feed was one of the worst because it would freeze up so much. I didn't watch any LSSU but the others were pretty much ok, with the exception of UAH which stopped a lot. I loved the UAH announcer though, and even the arena announcer there is a hoot. You can't take them too seriously though, everyone knows what they are, even them.
    I might actually go up to houghton this weekend any way.
    and the NCHC costs quite a bit more per game than ours does, at least for the single game feed.
    I'm sorry but, they shouldn't be charging you guys what they are for what we get. If they expect to charge a premium price, they better produce something worth watching. They need to invest in improving the infrastructure so that at least when something goes wrong stretch can stop blaming the arenas.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

  5. #165
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    31,622

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    bb, given the limitations of the schools' internet feeds, I don't think it's terrible. I think Tech's feed was one of the worst because it would freeze up so much. I didn't watch any LSSU but the others were pretty much ok, with the exception of UAH which stopped a lot. I loved the UAH announcer though, and even the arena announcer there is a hoot. You can't take them too seriously though, everyone knows what they are, even them.
    I might actually go up to houghton this weekend any way.
    and the NCHC costs quite a bit more per game than ours does, at least for the single game feed.
    The limitations of the internet feeds is what they should be fixing. The league needs to set minimum standards, that allow for every venue to provide high quality service, even during higher demand times/games, and require all members to meet those requirements for next season. Barring that happening, no one should pay for WCHA TV. League members that don't comply, get fined. Enough with this bull**** nickel and dime league.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  6. #166
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Enjoying the arrival of the Broadmoor Trophy in 2017
    Posts
    2,576

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    I have yet to figure out why Tech tries to push out two different streams when they rarely get one right. Pick one - HD or SD - and get that one working.

  7. #167
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    6,129
    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    I have yet to figure out why Tech tries to push out two different streams when they rarely get one right. Pick one - HD or SD - and get that one working.
    Michigan TECHNOLOGICAL University? It's their middle name!

  8. #168
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lower Michigan
    Posts
    853

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
    Is this stated on the website somewhere? I see where it says the 129$ package includes playoffs, but it doesn't say the one team only package does. I recall last year not getting to watch any playoff games because it would not let me access them. Would love to watch the LSSU series....

    Single-team Season Pass ($89.99) – For fans who only want to watch their favorite team, this package delivers live and archived coverage for the selected school's nonconference home games, select home exhibition games, all WCHA regular season league contests (home and away), AND all of that specific team's potential 2017 league postseason games (home and away). Note: Picture-in-picture and multi-view format are not available for this package.


    http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1617/201609/sep19wcm.php
    Last edited by Huskiefan906; 03-01-2017 at 12:07 PM.

  9. #169
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ugh. Badgerland.
    Posts
    1,260

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    I have yet to figure out why Tech tries to push out two different streams when they rarely get one right. Pick one - HD or SD - and get that one working.
    Not only that... the webpage no longer seems to mention which is which...
    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

    Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

    2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

  10. #170
    Still upright
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tours, it's in France.
    Posts
    6,000

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Twitter says we have another commit. Don't know anything about him.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

    It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

  11. #171
    Mighty Techster
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    364

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    Twitter says we have another commit. Don't know anything about him.
    Tyler Rockwell, a 20-year-old defenseman from San Jose, California. 5'8", 178lbs. Captain of the Wenatchee Wild (BCHL).

    We now have seven committed defensemen who are 20 years old today:

    Cooper Watson – 4/18/96
    Travis Brown – 5/6/96
    Seamus Donohue – 6/1/96
    Tyler Rockwell – 6/27/96
    Mitch Meek – 8/21/96
    Tristan Rostagno – 9/25/96
    Jake Gingell – 2/11/97

    So unless there have been unreported de-commitments (Brown?), or there are early departures (Roy?), or Kiilunen is asked to give up his spot, that means we could have 12 defensemen on the roster next year. I'm sure something has already given, and we just don't know what it is yet.
    Last edited by redwing61; 03-01-2017 at 08:30 PM.

  12. #172
    Michigan Tech Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,104

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by redwing61 View Post
    So unless there have been unreported de-commitments (Brown?), or there are early departures (Roy?), or Kiilunen is asked to give up his spot, that means we could have 12 defensemen on the roster next year. I'm sure something has already given, and we just don't know what it is yet.
    Maybe the coaching staff is looking at moving one of them to another position to fill another opening? Always a possibility.
    Ryan
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

  13. #173
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    North
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
    Single-team Season Pass ($89.99) – For fans who only want to watch their favorite team, this package delivers live and archived coverage for the selected school's nonconference home games, select home exhibition games, all WCHA regular season league contests (home and away), AND all of that specific team's potential 2017 league postseason games (home and away). Note: Picture-in-picture and multi-view format are not available for this package.


    http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1617/201609/sep19wcm.php
    Thank you, try as I might, I could not find that on the website!

  14. #174
    lucky penguin
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    16,691

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    I don't know that Rockwell is much better than some of the '96 D they walked away from, but when Dad donates half-a-million dollars to the school, that's one hell of a tiebreaker.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

    Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

    Western College Hockey Blog

  15. #175
    Still upright
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tours, it's in France.
    Posts
    6,000

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by MaizeRage View Post
    I don't know that Rockwell is much better than some of the '96 D they walked away from, but when Dad donates half-a-million dollars to the school, that's one hell of a tiebreaker.
    Wait, what?
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

    It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

  16. #176
    Mighty Techster
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    364
    Last edited by redwing61; 03-02-2017 at 06:23 AM.

  17. #177
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Enjoying the arrival of the Broadmoor Trophy in 2017
    Posts
    2,576

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    John Rockwell was my first goalie coach when he played for the Huskies back in the late 70's. He also played with Mel for 3 seasons. Legacy kids are common in Tech hockey history...Pat & Jeff Mikesch, Jeff Wylie, Barry Riutta to name a couple. Some more successful than dad, some didn't cut the mustard. Still worth a shot and I hope Tyler is in the first category.

  18. #178
    Still upright
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tours, it's in France.
    Posts
    6,000

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    John Rockwell was my first goalie coach when he played for the Huskies back in the late 70's. He also played with Mel for 3 seasons. Legacy kids are common in Tech hockey history...Pat & Jeff Mikesch, Jeff Wylie, Barry Riutta to name a couple. Some more successful than dad, some didn't cut the mustard. Still worth a shot and I hope Tyler is in the first category.
    Me too but he's awful little, even if he were really good, it's questionable.. kind of like Gould as a d man. Personally I would like to see some more kids sign who are two years out and will be drafted next season.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

    It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

  19. #179
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Enjoying the arrival of the Broadmoor Trophy in 2017
    Posts
    2,576

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    Me too but he's awful little, even if he were really good, it's questionable.. kind of like Gould as a d man. Personally I would like to see some more kids sign who are two years out and will be drafted next season.
    With you on the timing of signings. But remember that two of the best offensive defensemen in Tech hockey history were smaller than Rockwell - Kip Noble and Lars Helminen. Just have to find the right pairing.

  20. #180
    Still upright
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tours, it's in France.
    Posts
    6,000

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    With you on the timing of signings. But remember that two of the best offensive defensemen in Tech hockey history were smaller than Rockwell - Kip Noble and Lars Helminen. Just have to find the right pairing.
    I'm more a fan of the John Grisdale type of guy. Big, fast, tough.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

    It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •