Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    I don't see how they would even pay for the $500 league fee to carry the game. Nothing in it for them at all anyway.
    MTU, and hell even BGSU, could have their marketing departments (and I don't mean the academic version) chip in and buy the event from the WCHA, coupled with a donation to NMU WNMUTV to air said feed. WNMU TV gets a donation towards programming, MTU and BGSU now have three hours of advertisement time on the UP to reach to prospective students, connect with alumni, and [insert more buzzwords here]
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      I don't see how they would even pay for the $500 league fee to carry the game. Nothing in it for them at all anyway.
      Stop making sense.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        MTU, and hell even BGSU, could have their marketing departments (and I don't mean the academic version) chip in and buy the event from the WCHA, coupled with a donation to NMU WNMUTV to air said feed. WNMU TV gets a donation towards programming, MTU and BGSU now have three hours of advertisement time on the UP to reach to prospective students, connect with alumni, and [insert more buzzwords here]
        Not seeing a real ROI here.

TV6 explored using their 6.3 subchannel to shift programming from Fox, but the network wouldn't budge. They looked at moving the game itself to 6.3, but there's no way to run spots and the Tech control room is too concerned with billboard ads for Gary Jorgensen and Lake Accounting to be an actual TV control room.

Comment

I do agree that the return on investment realistically is zero. But it's not like Universities haven't spent money on wasteful marketing campaigns before.

If the interest is there, I'd at least like to have known that all avenues were tried. Then again, if the league doesn't care about televising it, why should we care?
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
            I do agree that the return on investment realistically is zero. But it's not like Universities haven't spent money on wasteful marketing campaigns before.

If the interest is there, I'd at least like to have known that all avenues were tried. Then again, if the league doesn't care about televising it, why should we care?
            The league does care. Nobody wanted the game.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I see there are 2 reserved tickets for Saturday in section P below the pep band, unless the ticket office forgot to mark them off. It would be worth a call to see if they are available if someone was still looking.
              There are some standing room tickets still available.
              MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
              2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                I wish I could be there, instead, I'll be listening to Dirk on my phone at a Wedding in Wisconsin, I mean, seriously?! Who has a wedding in March, in Wisconsin?! If they weren't family, I'd probably find a way not to go.
                Screw the family stuff, go to the hockey game.

Kind of like one of my family members scheduling a wedding over New Years weekend at the end of this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                  Screw the family stuff, go to the hockey game.

Kind of like one of my family members scheduling a wedding over New Years weekend at the end of this year.
                  With a 50% divorce rate that's a practical decision. Ha ha. For real they should know not to get cute and schedule on hockey weekends or New Years. Just pick a Saturday in May like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                    With a 50% divorce rate that's a practical decision. Ha ha. For real they should know not to get cute and schedule on hockey weekends or New Years. Just pick a Saturday in May like everyone else.
                    Trust me, scheduling a wedding will result in it being the wrong weekend for someone...
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      Trust me, scheduling a wedding will result in it being the wrong weekend for someone...
                      Dude, I apologized at least four times, including once to your mother!

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                        I'd prefer June, don't want a surprise snowstorm on your wedding day. Or do you?
                        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          Same for a funeral.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                            I'd prefer June, don't want a surprise snowstorm on your wedding day. Or do you?
                            I remember snow at Shirtless's wedding, and that was **** near in June.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              I remember snow at Shirtless's wedding, and that was **** near in June.
                              I was in Houghton around July 4th waiting on fireworks as the snow started to fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
                                I was in Houghton around July 4th waiting on fireworks as the snow started to fall.
                                Talk about a low budget.
                                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X