Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
    I couldn't watch or listen because I was on a flight, but how did we manage only 15 shots?
    Looked like Mankato did a good job at slowing Tech's traffic to the net. Not much in the line of tips, redirects or rebounds. Tech had very few second chance opportunities.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      Looked like Mankato did a good job at slowing Tech's traffic to the net. Not much in the line of tips, redirects or rebounds. Tech had very few second chance opportunities.
      Yea, I can't be sure but I'd have to assume that was by far our lowest shot total this season.

I honestly have no clue what to expect tomorrow night, this team is so bipolar that we easily could have last night's team show up or tonight's team, really a crapshoot.
      2005-2006: 7-25-6
      2006-2007: 18-17-5
      2007-2008: 14-20-5
      2008-2009: 6-25-7
      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
        Yea, I can't be sure but I'd have to assume that was by far our lowest shot total this season.

I honestly have no clue what to expect tomorrow night, this team is so bipolar that we easily could have last night's team show up or tonight's team, really a crapshoot.
        It will be very interesting who plays. Mankato seems to have a lot of real big guys. They used those guys real well tonight and slowed the game down. the strength of our team is speed and puck control. we did not do that, but in a game three in three nights, we might be too tired to do it effectively tomorrow. So that might play into mankato's hands in that they do not seek to outskate people. So some fresh legs is more important to us than to them.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post

Mankato can be a bit Jekyll & Hyde as well, especially in goal.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            It will be very interesting who plays.
            There is really only the option to sub one guy as GerrIe is the only player that did not play so I don't think that will make a huge difference. It is going to come down to coaching. Coach Hastings came up with a plan that shut Tech down and the Tech coaching staff wasn't able to make the adjustments needed to counter that effort. Let's see if they can figure it out by tomorrow. Everyone always wants to lay it on the players and their "will" to win, or their sense of "urgency" but they are required to play within the systems that the coaches set and tonight the Tech systems failed.I don't buy the fact that Tech played with less urgency. They were out coached by a coach who figured out how to counter Techs success of Friday. Here's hoping the Tech coaching staff can cone up with their own counter attack.

Comment

• Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
              There is really only the option to sub one guy as GerrIe is the only player that did not play so I don't think that will make a huge difference. It is going to come down to coaching. Coach Hastings came up with a plan that shut Tech down and the Tech coaching staff wasn't able to make the adjustments needed to counter that effort. Let's see if they can figure it out by tomorrow. Everyone always wants to lay it on the players and their "will" to win, or their sense of "urgency" but they are required to play within the systems that the coaches set and tonight the Tech systems failed.I don't buy the fact that Tech played with less urgency. They were out coached by a coach who figured out how to counter Techs success of Friday. Here's hoping the Tech coaching staff can cone up with their own counter attack.
              Coaches may have a plan, but there is this thing called execution. As a coach, you can make all kinds of great adjustments, but if the players don't execute, you're not going to have success.

Comment

• Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                Well said. I agree, Tech was out coached tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  Coaches may have a plan, but there is this thing called execution. As a coach, you can make all kinds of great adjustments, but if the players don't execute, you're not going to have success.
                  Great adjustments....as in Tech was able to move the puck around on the pp tonight. Even though they didn't get any shots on net. Huge strides, 40 games in and you can occasionally gain the zone and work the puck around. Or how about the bench management, matching lines when you are down by 1, bad whole sale line change that lead to the goal. 3 defenseman out at the end of the game during the 6 on 4 pp, that is a first.
                  Last edited by UP-Power; 03-12-2017, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• You need to win the special teams battle in big games. PP goals are huge. Same thing all year; UMD, UofM, Western, MN State ect.

Comment

Originally posted by UP-Power View Post
                      Great adjustments....as in Tech was able to move the puck around on the pp tonight. Even though they didn't get any shots on net. Huge strides, 40 games in and you can occasionally gain the zone and work the puck around. Or how about the bench management, matching lines when you are down by 1, bad whole sale line change that lead to the goal. 3 defenseman out at the end of the game during the 6 on 4 pp, that is a first.
                      I'm sure they have reasons for doing what they do. I don't think we are privy to all the issues for those decisions. The line change I don't think you can put on the coaches.
                      I agree the pp has been anemic all year, and a pp goal last night would have been real good.Against teams that pressure the puck, we have not done well.
                      I thought overall the defense was real solid and giving up one goal normally you'd expect to win those games. But a high pressure game like mankato played, you would expect that to come with some risks and I hope we can expose those areas tonight. I thought our forecheck was a weak areas for us and the face-offs as well.

I'll be very interested to see what changes they make, and I'll bet Gerrie plays, but you're right rb, having a couple more guys would have been nice.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

One team was facing elimination, one was not, I think Tech will match that tonight.
                        What a barn burner this is going to be tonight. Go back and watch the highlights, there could have been 2 goals in there.
                        Go Tech!
                        Last edited by Huskiefan906; 03-12-2017, 07:34 AM.

Comment

To steal a quote from Coach Pearson "I'm still bullish on this team"
                          BGSU did there part last night! Time for the Huskies to finish the job!!!

Comment

No post game comments?

Comment

Fill the building tonight, present a better 6th man for the Huskies and give the team the support.

If at the beginning of the season you were told that Tech would play for the right to get to the Championship game at home, I think we would take it.
                              Now support the team and let's do our best to make this happen. MSU played awesome last night, tip our hat, but tonight Tech plays awesome.

Go get it boys!

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                                Fill the building tonight, present a better 6th man for the Huskies and give the team the support.
                                No offense but that would be the 7th man. There are 6 on the ice
                                Unless there is a fan out there that thinks they can improve a roster spot!

Comment

Working...
                                X