Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

So I missed that a second thread popped up.

Two things:

1. Goodness gracious, Tech fans don't appear to know much about mental health. Some people do, in fact, take metal for their bipolar disorder. [hi]
    2. While I think that Tech-Mankato is a toss-up, I hope for an expect Tech to win. Nerd schools must stick together.

GFM <— has strong opinions on WCHA.TV and the gong show that is the UAH broadcast, too
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
      Triggered.

Multiple choice quiz:

Hockey is king in which of the following towns:

A. Ann Arbor
      B. Hancock
      C. Houghton
      D. Calumet
      E. Painesdale
      F. B, C, D, and E

The correct answer is?
      D. Calumet obviously. Right JJM? Every hockey fan should experience a game at the Calumet Colosseum. The Copper Kings are in the semi's tomorrow vs Flint Powers.
      "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

All WCHA 1st Team - Matt Roy
        All WCHA 2nd Team - Shane Hanna
        All WCHA Rookie Team - Mitch Reinke and Angus Redmond

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
          And that's fantastic for them. The point of the discussion was the NCAA putting Tech in Cincinnati for "attendance reasons," and I've asked multiple times for someone to give a ballpark figure on how many fans Tech would bring. The fact that so many refuse to do so is a pretty good indication of how small that number would be.
          You were criticizing Tech's home attendance. 3000+ townsfolk (no kids as they were on break) to a game is pretty impressive in a small town. As far as how many Tech draws to a regional game, it's probably 3000 if it's near the footprint of our alumni base. Looking at how Michigan hockey draws is interesting when you look at the population within walking distance alone, and the fact that they are playing in an old basketball gym. Too bad Michigan's Admin and their alums don't take hockey seriously. It's a great game. You should watch!

Comment

And that's fantastic for them. The point of the discussion was the NCAA putting Tech in Cincinnati for "attendance reasons," and I've asked multiple times for someone to give a ballpark figure on how many fans Tech would bring. The fact that so many refuse to do so is a pretty good indication of how small that number would be.
            I sort of agree with your point, but I think your point is true almost regardless of school. The regionals are an attendance wasteland for a lot of reasons, not least of which is that it's the second travel week (following conference finals, for those conferences that play at "neutral" sites) of a possible 3 travel weeks (if you make the Frozen Four). But I think once you get outside of a 3 hour drive or so, no one is going to move the attendance needle. I wish the NCAA would quit even considering it, because it usually just results in one team getting really screwed (Hey, a flight's a flight! Trust us, Mankato people, Manchester's a lovely town!) just to make sure another school gets assigned to a regional where none of their fans will show up anyway.

Comment

I just talked to the Tech sports marketing staff. Tech has committed to bring 20,000 fans to what ever venue they get assigned so the other teams' fans need not even bother applying for tickets. It will be 100% Huskies fans, standing room only.
              Ryan J
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                He's a smart guy. No one is suggesting though that the rink will be full, far from it, but I would think that either Bg or Tech would draw as much in cincy as anyone else, except maybe OSU and even then it would be roughly the same. We all know Denver doesn't draw and no one from the east will bring many fans. Personally Cincy is a terrible place for a regional. I would have much preferred it to be in Green bay, or Milwaukee.
                He's not. He's not a smart person. I work with marketing majors daily that are smarter than this state of Michigan embarrassment.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Jesus. After reading this Dilks is more mentally challenged than I thought. I hope he finds a good group home that caters to his specific type of stupidity. Its too bad that some people just are not born with adequate reasoning skills. Which is why stupid people like Dilks should always be in our thoughts. He can't help himself, so the rest of us should help him.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Game Day - Go Huskies!
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                      Game Day - Go Huskies!
                      Oh thank goodness! Reading most of this page I thought the game was off and this forum had devolved into an attendance counting firm. Looking forward to following the games from Mavs country. I always like when these two clubs play. Always entertaining and Tech has the best fans in the league!

Comment

Originally posted by ATC Trainer View Post
                        Oh thank goodness! Reading most of this page I thought the game was off and this forum had devolved into an attendance counting firm. Looking forward to following the games from Mavs country. I always like when these two clubs play. Always entertaining and Tech has the best fans in the league!
                        Amen! Semi-finals series for the Broadmoor between two good teams with everything at stake ... looking forward to some good hockey. Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                          I just talked to the Tech sports marketing staff. Tech has committed to bring 20,000 fans to what ever venue they get assigned so the other teams' fans need not even bother applying for tickets. It will be 100% Huskies fans, standing room only.
                          Ryan J
                          Perfect! Any truth to the rumor that your numbers premised on the common understanding that a Husky fan is the equivalent of 10 run of the mill fans?

Comment

Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
                            Amen! Semi-finals series for the Broadmoor between two good teams with everything at stake ... looking forward to some good hockey. Go Huskies!
                            They seriously haven't changed the name of the trophy yet? Good luck to Mich Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
                              They seriously haven't changed the name of the trophy yet? Good luck to Mich Tech.
                              How are they going to change the name of the trophy when its shaped like the hotel?
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Tech fans, can someone tell me if your school is paying the Cost of Attendance stipend to their hockey players? Thanks!
                                Originally Posted by aparch
                                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X