Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    If North Dakota is in the #4 seed band, the tournament committee is pretty dead set against making the top seeded team in the tournament play against a host school in their opening game. That would push the #1 overall to Cincinnati.
    That makes sense. It's odd, but in Tech's position off the bubble and needing to win to get in, the best scenario for maximizing seeding is to hope for lots of tournament upsets. I would definitely make the 2.5 hour drive to Cincinnati.

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

If North Dakota is in the #4 seed band, the tournament committee is pretty dead set against making the top seeded team in the tournament play against a host school in their opening game. That would push the #1 overall to Cincinnati.
      It's also complicated by fellow NCHC members Denver and UMD both likely #1 seeds. The committee's job will be a lot easier if NoDak either makes it up to the #3 band, or falls out altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
        It's also complicated by fellow NCHC members Denver and UMD both likely #1 seeds. The committee's job will be a lot easier if NoDak either makes it up to the #3 band, or falls out altogether.
        I vote for falls out altogether.

Comment

NCAA.com and their analysis has the WCHA rep playing Denver in Providence..... The whole flight is a flight argument for putting Denver there?
          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
            NCAA.com and their analysis has the WCHA rep playing Denver in Providence..... The whole flight is a flight argument for putting Denver there?
            Just a matter of who gets the #1. As already stated, Nacho vs Nacho in round 1 is a no-go. There's going to be one west #2 seed going east if there 3 of them.

But as far as shipping the WCHA winner, it depends on who it is. If the Huskies or BG get in, I'd want them in Cincinnati for attendance. Bemidji & Mankato bring nothing comparable in fans to Ohio.

Comment

But as far as shipping the WCHA winner, it depends on who it is. If the Huskies or BG get in, I'd want them in Cincinnati for attendance. Bemidji & Mankato bring nothing comparable in fans to Ohio.
              I know it's the NCAA, but I don't think they're all that concerned about an extra $60.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                I know it's the NCAA, but I don't think they're all that concerned about an extra $60.
                snark much? I think both MTU and BGSU would bring a decent number of fans to games in Cincinnati. Alot of MTU alums couldn't make the trip to Fargo and Cincinnati is ton more manageable for those in the lower peninsula.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Just a matter of who gets the #1. As already stated, Nacho vs Nacho in round 1 is a no-go. There's going to be one west #2 seed going east if there 3 of them.

It looks to me that Denver is going to fargo. I ran it a few times and the only way I could get UND in was to have them sweep St Cloud and beat Denver in the final. Which is possible I guess. otherwise, even if they win over St Cloud in three and lose in the final, I have them at 15 or 16 and out. I could not get AF out unless they do not make the AH championship game, otherwise I have them at 15 prior to the final, so it would be either them or Canisius.
                  I do understand the probability matrix but well, we'll see. I think the WCHA plays Denver because I don't think they will ship Denver to Providence.
                  If UND doesn't make it in, then I would hope there would be tickets available in Fargo, but I'd also prefer Cincy.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                    Was there a MP Show this week? Haven't seen anything online yet.
                    It's posted now. Took a little more time being spring break I guess.

A few takeaways for me.
                    Blacklock - one of his best games at Tech on Friday, no issues putting Mason out against their best player, struggled to take him out Saturday but preparing for potential of playing 3 games in 3 days is possible
                    Wanted Gerrie in a game, had missed some practice time so that's why he was out Friday
                    Challenged guys Saturday morning what can they do better - Neville said faceoffs and he was much better Saturday than Friday
                    Mel made the case to get your tickets and get the fans out - will be intense playoff hockey, challenged fans for 3k.
                    An emailer seemed upset that two seniors Sturos/Neville, leading point getters, weren't on PP. Mel -they have top ice time, try to balance that out, they get a lot of ice time, plus they're great PKers
                    Prefer Leibinger at center - maybe drifted out of position a bit more as winger Friday, he can play any position though

Comment

Think any students will come back to campus earlier for some playoff hockey? Are there any diehard student hockey fans?
                      MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                      2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        snark much? I think both MTU and BGSU would bring a decent number of fans to games in Cincinnati. Alot of MTU alums couldn't make the trip to Fargo and Cincinnati is ton more manageable for those in the lower peninsula.
                        Attach a number to "decent number" and "a lot". It's a 14,000-seat arena in Cincy and you're talking about two schools that couldn't bring 2500 fans if the game was played in their home rink.
                        Originally posted by dicaslover
                        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                          Attach a number to "decent number" and "a lot". It's a 14,000-seat arena in Cincy and you're talking about two schools that couldn't bring 2500 fans if the game was played in their home rink.
                          But as a skunk fan you should know how many Huskies fans show up for the GLI since they outnumbered you again this year. By a pretty fair margin too.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                            Yeah because the vast majority of MTU fans still live in the UP. I haven't been to a single game this year home or away. But I will most likely be in Fargo or Cincinnati. Plus all the LP fans than go to the GLI.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

The WCHA team will be a #4 seed and if Air Force is the AHA Winner, the WCHA could very well be #16.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                                And the "flight is a flight" mentality could very well send Denver to Cincy with UMD in Fargo.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X