Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

I have yet to figure out why Tech tries to push out two different streams when they rarely get one right. Pick one - HD or SD - and get that one working.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      I have yet to figure out why Tech tries to push out two different streams when they rarely get one right. Pick one - HD or SD - and get that one working.
      Michigan TECHNOLOGICAL University? It's their middle name!
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
        Is this stated on the website somewhere? I see where it says the 129$ package includes playoffs, but it doesn't say the one team only package does. I recall last year not getting to watch any playoff games because it would not let me access them. Would love to watch the LSSU series....

Single-team Season Pass ($89.99) – For fans who only want to watch their favorite team, this package delivers live and archived coverage for the selected school's nonconference home games, select home exhibition games, all WCHA regular season league contests (home and away), AND all of that specific team's potential 2017 league postseason games (home and away). Note: Picture-in-picture and multi-view format are not available for this package.

http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1617/201609/sep19wcm.php
        Last edited by Huskiefan906; 03-01-2017, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
          Not only that... the webpage no longer seems to mention which is which...
          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Twitter says we have another commit. Don't know anything about him.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              Twitter says we have another commit. Don't know anything about him.
              Tyler Rockwell, a 20-year-old defenseman from San Jose, California. 5'8", 178lbs. Captain of the Wenatchee Wild (BCHL).

We now have seven committed defensemen who are 20 years old today:

Cooper Watson – 4/18/96
              Travis Brown – 5/6/96
              Seamus Donohue – 6/1/96
              Tyler Rockwell – 6/27/96
              Mitch Meek – 8/21/96
              Tristan Rostagno – 9/25/96
              Jake Gingell – 2/11/97

So unless there have been unreported de-commitments (Brown?), or there are early departures (Roy?), or Kiilunen is asked to give up his spot, that means we could have 12 defensemen on the roster next year. I'm sure something has already given, and we just don't know what it is yet.
              Last edited by redwing61; 03-01-2017, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                So unless there have been unreported de-commitments (Brown?), or there are early departures (Roy?), or Kiilunen is asked to give up his spot, that means we could have 12 defensemen on the roster next year. I'm sure something has already given, and we just don't know what it is yet.
                Maybe the coaching staff is looking at moving one of them to another position to fill another opening? Always a possibility.
                Ryan
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                  Single-team Season Pass ($89.99) – For fans who only want to watch their favorite team, this package delivers live and archived coverage for the selected school's nonconference home games, select home exhibition games, all WCHA regular season league contests (home and away), AND all of that specific team's potential 2017 league postseason games (home and away). Note: Picture-in-picture and multi-view format are not available for this package.

http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1617/201609/sep19wcm.php
                  Thank you, try as I might, I could not find that on the website!

Comment

I don't know that Rockwell is much better than some of the '96 D they walked away from, but when Dad donates half-a-million dollars to the school, that's one hell of a tiebreaker.
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                      I don't know that Rockwell is much better than some of the '96 D they walked away from, but when Dad donates half-a-million dollars to the school, that's one hell of a tiebreaker.
                      Wait, what?

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        Wait, what?
                        Seems to check out:

http://michigantechhuskies.com/sport...leases/1254851
                        http://www.mercurynews.com/2008/08/29/ice-time-at-home/
                        Last edited by redwing61; 03-02-2017, 06:23 AM.

Comment

John Rockwell was my first goalie coach when he played for the Huskies back in the late 70's. He also played with Mel for 3 seasons. Legacy kids are common in Tech hockey history...Pat & Jeff Mikesch, Jeff Wylie, Barry Riutta to name a couple. Some more successful than dad, some didn't cut the mustard. Still worth a shot and I hope Tyler is in the first category.

Comment

John Rockwell was my first goalie coach when he played for the Huskies back in the late 70's. He also played with Mel for 3 seasons. Legacy kids are common in Tech hockey history...Pat & Jeff Mikesch, Jeff Wylie, Barry Riutta to name a couple. Some more successful than dad, some didn't cut the mustard. Still worth a shot and I hope Tyler is in the first category.
                            Me too but he's awful little, even if he were really good, it's questionable.. kind of like Gould as a d man. Personally I would like to see some more kids sign who are two years out and will be drafted next season.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              Me too but he's awful little, even if he were really good, it's questionable.. kind of like Gould as a d man. Personally I would like to see some more kids sign who are two years out and will be drafted next season.
                              With you on the timing of signings. But remember that two of the best offensive defensemen in Tech hockey history were smaller than Rockwell - Kip Noble and Lars Helminen. Just have to find the right pairing.

Comment

With you on the timing of signings. But remember that two of the best offensive defensemen in Tech hockey history were smaller than Rockwell - Kip Noble and Lars Helminen. Just have to find the right pairing.
                                I'm more a fan of the John Grisdale type of guy. Big, fast, tough.

Comment

Working...
                                X