Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
    I was finally able to watch the games today. Why was Dirk not announcing the game on the wcha tv feed Saturday night?
    I assume the games were on TV6 so they simulcast the tv feed.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      They both were

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        and that's a first, previously they still used the radio feed when TV was in the building. Dirk and Tiger did make a cameo in the second period on the TV broadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
          and that's a first, previously they still used the radio feed when TV was in the building. Dirk and Tiger did make a cameo in the second period on the TV broadcast.
          I was actually disappointed they did that, I much prefer Dirk to pretty much anyone, I honestly think he's the best in the business.
          2005-2006: 7-25-6
          2006-2007: 18-17-5
          2007-2008: 14-20-5
          2008-2009: 6-25-7
          2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

For those that didn't catch the Mel Pearson show yet, a few notes:
            Mel was really harping on a couple of NMU goals that got through and should've been blocked, need to commit to it if we want to advance in the playoffs
            There will be good seats available with it being Spring Break
            Ray Brice is fine - but tough to throw him in only playing 3 shifts so far
            Baltus - paperwork for redshirt has already started to see if we can get another year - he's open to coming back if eligible
            Steman made some progress but had setbacks and is done for the year
            They thought a lot about starting WIntjes on Saturday - but wanted to put best team out there, and there was a possibility of playing NMU again, so didn't want to give them confidence. Knew we'd eventually get Wintjes in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
              I was actually disappointed they did that, I much prefer Dirk to pretty much anyone, I honestly think he's the best in the business.
              And that color guy... I tell ya...
              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's 45 dollars additional to the WCHA to watch the playoffs.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  Correct me if I'm wrong but it's 45 dollars additional to the WCHA to watch the playoffs.
                  Not if you bought the all season all team package, but yes if you bought a team specific package, it didn't include playoffs.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

The single team season pass for 89.99 includes playoffs, do not give them more money for poor product.

Comment

No one should give the WCHA another dime for their WCHA TV garbage until all of the schools are actually able to produce a decent product. Some of these schools need to figure out they're not playing club hockey.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                        The single team season pass for 89.99 includes playoffs, do not give them more money for poor product.
                        Agreed, if you've bought this sheet, don't cough up more.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Agreed, if you've bought this sheet, don't cough up more.
                          Is this stated on the website somewhere? I see where it says the 129$ package includes playoffs, but it doesn't say the one team only package does. I recall last year not getting to watch any playoff games because it would not let me access them. Would love to watch the LSSU series....

Comment

bb, given the limitations of the schools' internet feeds, I don't think it's terrible. I think Tech's feed was one of the worst because it would freeze up so much. I didn't watch any LSSU but the others were pretty much ok, with the exception of UAH which stopped a lot. I loved the UAH announcer though, and even the arena announcer there is a hoot. You can't take them too seriously though, everyone knows what they are, even them.
                            I might actually go up to houghton this weekend any way.
                            and the NCHC costs quite a bit more per game than ours does, at least for the single game feed.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

bb, given the limitations of the schools' internet feeds, I don't think it's terrible. I think Tech's feed was one of the worst because it would freeze up so much. I didn't watch any LSSU but the others were pretty much ok, with the exception of UAH which stopped a lot. I loved the UAH announcer though, and even the arena announcer there is a hoot. You can't take them too seriously though, everyone knows what they are, even them.
                              and the NCHC costs quite a bit more per game than ours does, at least for the single game feed.
                              I'm sorry but, they shouldn't be charging you guys what they are for what we get. If they expect to charge a premium price, they better produce something worth watching. They need to invest in improving the infrastructure so that at least when something goes wrong stretch can stop blaming the arenas.

Comment

The limitations of the internet feeds is what they should be fixing. The league needs to set minimum standards, that allow for every venue to provide high quality service, even during higher demand times/games, and require all members to meet those requirements for next season. Barring that happening, no one should pay for WCHA TV. League members that don't comply, get fined. Enough with this bull**** nickel and dime league.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X