Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Those silly nachos. So fragile!

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
      Teams I want to watch lose to anyone for the fun of it: DU, gophers, NoDak, WI (still). I feel like the NMU rivalry is more a friendly one now. For some reason I always like UMD second best. I don't really care about UMichigan generally.
      There was something special about watching Minnesota lose under dougie woog. Boy could he whine. I like watching Wisconsin lose for some reason. I went to the game where tech thumped them a few years back and their fans were leaving after the first. It was priceless.

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Nobody said this. You're operating on assumptions.
        Originally posted by bose301s View Post
        Couldn't be happier to see UND lose their opener, especially in Fargo.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I think comparisons of goals against are tough to make. Tech has a good defense statistically, but it helps when you play LSSU and UAH and the like. Even our conference champion didn't score much.

I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow. I made it up to Tech for the last two weekends. This is a much better trip. If it's as close as the games today it will be fantastic. Oh look, OSU just tied it up. I'm refraining from making NCHC W/L comments.

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
            I think comparisons of goals against are tough to make. Tech has a good defense statistically, but it helps when you play LSSU and UAH and the like. Even our conference champion didn't score much.

I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow. I made it up to Tech for the last two weekends. This is a much better trip. If it's as close as the games today it will be fantastic. Oh look, OSU just tied it up. I'm refraining from making NCHC W/L comments.
            Probably best to take the high road.

FWIW, the NCHC is ****ting the bed thus far. 0-2 with Duluth tied with Ohio State late in the 3rd. Will the mighty NCHC go 0-fer? Here's to Tech giving Denver everything they can handle and hopefully pulling out the W.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I miss seeing the likes of UND, Minnesota, Denver, etc from the old WCHA. However, it sure is nice seeing the Huskies make the tournament 2 out of the last 3 years. Make us proud tomorrow Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                Could he not be happier with anything in the world? Anything in the hockey world? Anything that happened today? The way that game finished?
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  Probably best to take the high road.

FWIW, the NCHC is ****ting the bed thus far. 0-2 with Duluth tied with Ohio State late in the 3rd. Will the mighty NCHC go 0-fer? Here's to Tech giving Denver everything they can handle and hopefully pulling out the W.
                  It's a bit like the SEC in football. We spend all season beating the p*ss out of each other then hit the tournament and we're spent.
                  Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                  www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Got into my hotel, extremely ghetto lol. Oh well, wanted to do the to as cheap as possible without driving and I did, won't spend much time in the hotel.
                    2005-2006: 7-25-6
                    2006-2007: 18-17-5
                    2007-2008: 14-20-5
                    2008-2009: 6-25-7
                    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                      Got into my hotel, extremely ghetto lol. Oh well, wanted to do the to as cheap as possible without driving and I did, won't spend much time in the hotel.
                      Don't get stabbed.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

That drive made me sad. Beer makes me less sad.
                        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Gameday! Go get 'em, Huskies! Do the WCHA proud!
                          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Anyone heard what conference officials are working the game?

Today is going to be a great day!

Comment

2005-2006: 7-25-6
                              2006-2007: 18-17-5
                              2007-2008: 14-20-5
                              2008-2009: 6-25-7
                              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Wow, the penalties and mental errors. Big hits aren't gonna win this one, we need some zone time!! LGH!

Comment

Working...
                                X