Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Couldn't be happier to see UND lose their opener, especially in Fargo.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
      Amen.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
        Glad that you are as happy as you could be. Most fans get the greatest joy out of seeing their own team win...but to each their own.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          Glad that you are as happy as you could be. Most fans get the greatest joy out of seeing their own team win...but to each their own.
          You maybe didn't notice, but Tech doesn't play today.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Looking forward to the game tomorrow. Tech frightens me against Denver. The goaltending and defense are fantastic. Should be a great game.
            Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
            www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

• Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
              Looking forward to the game tomorrow. Tech frightens me against Denver. The goaltending and defense are fantastic. Should be a great game.
              Tech's D stats are among the very best and #1 in certain things. I have a lot of confidence in them. But Redmond has been shaky in net occasionally and he's a freshman. A lot depends on him. If he's on, it can be a very good game. Tech has some sneaky fast forwards, but their passing has been kind of sloppy.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I DVRed the BU / UND game, what a game, this is the big stage and I feel very confident our guys are ready.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  You maybe didn't notice, but Tech doesn't play today.
                  Could you blame me if I didn't notice?

FWIW, I was responding to the fact that the person could not be happier (i.e. they are as happy as they could be, or get the greatest joy out of) based on another team's loss. In other words, they would not be happier if Michigan Tech were to go on a great run and win the National Championship. Now, personally, I would much rather my team win the national championship, and I don't know if there is another college hockey result that I would enjoy more. But, as I said, to each their own.

Perhaps Michigan Tech fans are still butthurt about the NCHC? I would have expected a team that left its conference mates in the dust twice to understand.

Either way, I'll be cheering for the Huskies tomorrow. If they win, it will not be the greatest moment of my life as a college hockey fan, but I will be pleased. Beat DU.
                  North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    The word you're looking for is "Schadenfreude", defined most closely as the pleasure you get from the suffering of others. Totally legit.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                      The word you're looking for is "Schadenfreude", defined most closely as the pleasure you get from the suffering of others. Totally legit.
                      Fair enough. It still seems odd to me that a fan would be equally happy about his/her team winning a national championship as they would seeing another team lose a first round game. Do all Tech fans feel this way?

Don't get me wrong, I love watching Denver lose, but seeing them lose doesn't come anywhere close to seeing North Dakota win a national championship.
                      North Dakota

Comment

Fair enough. It still seems odd to me that a fan would be equally happy about his/her team winning a national championship as they would seeing another team lose a first round game. Do all Tech fans feel this way?

Don't get me wrong, I love watching Denver lose, but seeing them lose doesn't come anywhere close to seeing North Dakota win a national championship.
                        Seeing Tech win a national championship is our best case scenario - not only did, primarily, Tech win, but also, at some point North Dakota would have lost. Best of both worlds.
                        In Mel We Trust(ed)

Comment

Originally posted by Crocodile Tears View Post
                          Seeing Tech win a national championship is our best case scenario - not only did, primarily, Tech win, but also, at some point North Dakota would have lost. Best of both worlds.
                          So North Dakota is the team you like to see lose the most?
                          North Dakota

Comment

So North Dakota is the team you like to see lose the most?
                            Lighten up Francis, just poking fun.
                            In Mel We Trust(ed)

Comment

Teams I want to watch lose to anyone for the fun of it: DU, gophers, NoDak, WI (still). I feel like the NMU rivalry is more a friendly one now. For some reason I always like UMD second best. I don't really care about UMichigan generally.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

Nobody said this. You're operating on assumptions.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X