Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Regarding hotels in Cincy. You may have noticed that the Millennium Hotel is walking distance to the arena. And it's $95 per night which is cheap.. I've stayed there and I do not recommend it. There are a number of nice and reasonable options around. The hotels out by the airport are slightly more than the ones on the Ohio side of the river. The hotel the bus people are using is slightly on the high side but a nice place.
    The Hyatt, which I assume is where the team is staying, is quite nice.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

A word of caution. I went through Cincinnati a few weeks ago and the traffic on I-75 was terrible (stop and go) in both directions. And that was with no obvious accidents. On the Kentucky side it was mainly a northbound problem. Granted it was raining off and on and that contributed to the problem. If you stay anywhere where you need to get on I-75 as part of your route to the arena, allow yourself extra time to get there. An option might be to find something along I-71 which feeds right down to the arena from the NE. Lot's of lodging choices out towards Blue Ash, a few closer in. I haven't checked prices. If you're heading down from the North you can even cut across from I-75 to I-71 on the Northern beltway I-275.

Comment

For the non ESPNews subscribers, is there a way to stream the Husky game live? Like a pay per view or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
          For the non ESPNews subscribers, is there a way to stream the Husky game live? Like a pay per view or something?
          You could do a slingTV 7 day free trial. With slingTV you can stream to TV with a Roku or Apple TV.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
            And that's fantastic for them. The point of the discussion was the NCAA putting Tech in Cincinnati for "attendance reasons," and I've asked multiple times for someone to give a ballpark figure on how many fans Tech would bring. The fact that so many refuse to do so is a pretty good indication of how small that number would be.
            I think the NCAA put Denver in Cincinnati because they knew Tech would draw so well there.

Good luck to the Wolverines. I think they drew a regional they can win!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
              As I understand it, the game will be available on WatchESPN.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                As I understand it, the game will be available on WatchESPN.

GFM
                If you don't get espnews on you cable, I'm not sure you'll be able to watch via WatchESPN without someone else's authentication
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  If you don't get espnews on you cable, I'm not sure you'll be able to watch via WatchESPN without someone else's authentication
                  Yea, I was using my pop's chartermi login, but they don't carry Espnews. Don't have a tv,so if I can't stream, I may have to settle for Dirks call on pasty.net

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    Well, that's worthless. That'll even knock me out.

I would go ahead and start working with bars in Houghton to pull together watch parties. I know that you're not all in Houghton, but it's a start.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

If you dont have one, the best thing is probably do the 7 day free trial of sling tv with the espnews level package
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

If you dont have one, the best thing is probably do the 7 day free trial of sling tv with the espnews level package
                        Bingo.
                        2005-2006: 7-25-6
                        2006-2007: 18-17-5
                        2007-2008: 14-20-5
                        2008-2009: 6-25-7
                        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

If you do know of an alumni gathering/watch party for the game Saturday please post it here or contact me directly through the site so THG can have a full list of where to gather to watch the game. All I know of right now is a watch party with the rest of the Watson clan at Appleton Beer Works (Tech Alum Owned) in Appleton, WI and one still in planning, likely at Champps in Minnetonka, MN.

Comment

Yes. that's a good point. They ask you to "sign in" with your "service provider" (it could be cable, Dish, or DirecTV) and if you don't have one you can't get access.

Comment

Anyone know where the "Tech section" is going to be? Even a two-day package on TM isn't bad right now, and I can always eat or sell the Sunday ticket. Hotel I can get comped.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Anyone know where the "Tech section" is going to be? Even a two-day package on TM isn't bad right now, and I can always eat or sell the Sunday ticket. Hotel I can get comped.
                                Just call MTU ticket office and order through them, no TM fees then for the 2-day pass...or wait and buy in Cincinnati with no fees and know where we are...

Comment

Working...
                                X