Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Anyone know where the "Tech section" is going to be? Even a two-day package on TM isn't bad right now, and I can always eat or sell the Sunday ticket. Hotel I can get comped.
    Not sure what section Tech is but I highly recommend going on Tech's website or calling the box office and getting the ones they have assigned to them if you want to be in the Tech section. I'm doing the same thing through Denver and then you'll just pick the tickets up at will call from the university representative in Cinci at the arena at no extra charge and no extra fees.

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      Just call MTU ticket office and order through them, no TM fees then for the 2-day pass...or wait and buy in Cincinnati with no fees and know where we are...
      Thanks. Took all of 2 minutes.

Comment

MTU fan allotment through the school will be located in 126 and 128.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          Well, that's worthless. That'll even knock me out.

I would go ahead and start working with bars in Houghton to pull together watch parties. I know that you're not all in Houghton, but it's a start.

GFM
          I heard from someone at work that she watched the WCHA title game at The B&B Bar in Houghton and the place was packed.
          MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
          2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

• Originally posted by Riz View Post
            Not sure what section Tech is but I highly recommend going on Tech's website or calling the box office and getting the ones they have assigned to them if you want to be in the Tech section. I'm doing the same thing through Denver and then you'll just pick the tickets up at will call from the university representative in Cinci at the arena at no extra charge and no extra fees.
            I was at Central Ticket Office today and there are not many tickets left to buy in sec. 126 and 128. Worth a try to call there. Very good price and you pick up at will call before game.

Comment

Gould looked great with Lucchini and Heinonen, keep it.
              Leibinger, Blacklock, and Beretta will be a shutdown line.
              I like what Cliff Watson mentioned about the mistakes learned in the St. Cloud game, this time more calm, must play great, but this team is capable of that. Denver 4 - 30 point scorers, Tech none, Denver 15 players with at least 10 points, Tech also 15 players with at least 10. Must neutralize speed and bury chances. Both teams have great goalies. What does everyone think? Glad no shootouts with Terry out there....

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                MTU fan allotment through the school will be located in 126 and 128.
                Yep, that's what I was told. I'm driving down Friday night, and will stay at the downtown Hilton-Netherland Plaza.

Comment

NCAA Hockey Pregame Social - Cincinnati, OH
                  Public · Hosted by Ohio Chapters - Michigan Tech Alumni & Friends and Michigan Tech Alumni & Friends
                  InterestedGoing
                  clock
                  Saturday at 11:30 AM - 1 PM
                  4 days from now · 54–70° Rain Showers
                  pin
                  Show Map
                  The Holy Grail Tavern and Grille
                  161 Joe Nuxhall Way, Cincinnati 45202
                  About
                  Discussion
                  20 Going · 58 Interested
                  Share this event with your friends
                  Details
                  Join alumni & friends for a pregame social at the Holy Grail. Grab a drink, snack or lunch and pick up a free pom pom (while supplies last). You can park in the deck near the restaurant and walk over to the arena (~10 min walk) to cheer on our Huskies as they take on the Denver Pioneers!

Ticket & Fan bus information is avaliable here: http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...20170319k641lv
                  Featuring

Ohio Chapters - Michigan Tech Alumni & Friends
                  Non-Profit Organization
                  Celebrating Traditions, Creating Connections.

Michigan Tech Alumni & Friends
                  Non-Profit Organization · Houghton, Michigan
                  Celebrating Traditions, Creating Connections
                  http://mtu.edu/alumni

Comment

I decided I am not going to go, sadly. I just got back Monday from 10 days in San Francisco and just don't feel like travelling again, plus I don't want to take more vacation time. I definitely will watch the game on TV though.

I do have a request from anyone who is going though, in Fargo in 2015 they had shirts for the regional specifically for MTU as well as shirts for the entire tournament listing all 16 teams, if someone would be willing to pick me up some shirts I will definitely pay you for them, including shipping and a bit extra for your trouble, I would really appreciate it.
                    2005-2006: 7-25-6
                    2006-2007: 18-17-5
                    2007-2008: 14-20-5
                    2008-2009: 6-25-7
                    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                      Gould looked great with Lucchini and Heinonen, keep it.
                      Leibinger, Blacklock, and Beretta will be a shutdown line.......What does everyone think? Glad no shootouts with Terry out there....
                      I actually think our defense might be a little stronger than Denver's. They have the advantage of an offense that dominates time of possession and makes the D's job easier. I definitely think Beef had to work harder for his stats than Jaillet. That said, those high end scorers tend to find a way in, particularly if they have two or more big scorers on the same line. I think we can keep it a low scoring game if we play well, but it's going to be tough to get much puck time in their zone. I don't think Denver will be underestimating us at all....they know it will be a tough game. I give us 1 in 5 odds of pulling off the upset, but if we do, I think we go to the frozen four. If we can shut down Denver, we can shut down anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                        I actually think our defense might be a little stronger than Denver's. They have the advantage of an offense that dominates time of possession and makes the D's job easier. I definitely think Beef had to work harder for his stats than Jaillet. That said, those high end scorers tend to find a way in, particularly if they have two or more big scorers on the same line. I think we can keep it a low scoring game if we play well, but it's going to be tough to get much puck time in their zone. I don't think Denver will be underestimating us at all....they know it will be a tough game. I give us 1 in 5 odds of pulling off the upset, but if we do, I think we go to the frozen four. If we can shut down Denver, we can shut down anyone.
                        It looked to me like the whole design of the Denver forecheck was to make it so it would be easy for the defensemen to turn it around and go up ice quickly.
                        I agree it might be a tougher game than a lot of pundits say, and we'll see what happens.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Just on US Bank Arena website and clicked on a group orders link. They have 2 day pass for $25. I put in a quantity of 4 and it allowed me to get to the checkout page.I didn't complete the sale because I have tickets but it's a $15 savings over ticket master. It does say offer expires tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                            Just on US Bank Arena website and clicked on a group orders link. They have 2 day pass for $25. I put in a quantity of 4 and it allowed me to get to the checkout page.I didn't complete the sale because I have tickets but it's a $15 savings over ticket master. It does say offer expires tomorrow.
                            That's a $25 discount from two days ago. That tells me they're just trying to put butts in seats now, so I don't expect a lot of visitors (regardless of team).

Comment

Michigan Tech Athletics and Film Board are hosting a live broadcast of the game beginning at 1 p.m. Saturday (March 25) on the big screen in Fisher 135.

The game is free and concessions are available for $1.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

USCHO writers continue to impress me with how terrible they can be. In the Midwest preview they only list one championship for Tech and also claim we lost to Denver in OT in the WCHA Final Five in 2010, it was 2012.
                                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                                2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Working...
                                X