Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    Watching the Red wings vs CBJ game, the blue jackets are number 1 for a reason. They pressure the puck so hard and so quickly. Even if they don't win the race to the puck they are there so quick that the opponent makes a mistake turns it over etc. I'd hope we can do that. Sometimes we do, but we need to be quicker getting to open pucks. I think it would help the offense.
    What are the Blue Jackets number 1 in? The state of Ohio? The standings I'm looking at shows the Caps in the #1 spot.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      What are the Blue Jackets number 1 in? The state of Ohio? The standings I'm looking at shows the Caps in the #1 spot.
      Ok, you win, number 2. BTW if you look at the Bob Olson video did you notice how much time and space there was in front of the net? Shoot, even Dirk could have scored those goals.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Ok, you win, number 2. BTW if you look at the Bob Olson video did you notice how much time and space there was in front of the net? Shoot, even Dirk could have scored those goals.
        That team sure moved the puck around quickly. Loved the goal on that tic tac toe play as Bob called it.
        That was a beating they put on Minnesota that Winter Carnival.
        MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
        2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
          Happy 86th birthday to Bob Olson, the original voice of the Huskies. If you never heard Bob call a game, here's one appropriately from a Winter Carnival matchup against Minnesota in 1993.

https://youtu.be/PCrW-6_dUwk
          Thanks for posting that. I had forgot about that game. It was my senior year at Tech.

Comment

I missed the first period, kind of glad I did.
            2005-2006: 7-25-6
            2006-2007: 18-17-5
            2007-2008: 14-20-5
            2008-2009: 6-25-7
            2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Thoroughly dominating this game except for the scoreboard, why can't we score?

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                Thoroughly dominating this game except for the scoreboard, why can't we score?
                Because our forwards don't have much offensive talent and Kapelmaster is an excellent goaltender.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                  Because our forwards don't have much offensive talent and Kapelmaster is an excellent goaltender.
                  I'm not sure I would say they don't have offensive talent, but I would say they're all more finishers and need a playmaker to set them up, which we very much lack.

Comment

Another slick play by Gould ... not sure he could be called a 'set up' guy, but he's has some nice assists.

Comment

It would also help to start shooting to the high stick side where Kapelmaster is highly vulnerable, instead of shooting it into his gut with alarming regularity.

Comment

I'll preface this by saying I'm not watching the actual game tonight - maybe these are just great goals....

After the past few weeks, is angus tired? Does he need a reminder there are other guys here as well? IDK? I watch games and he looks strong but as of late the goals seem to come a lot easier.

I hate to say we need to see Kero for a game or two, since angus was so strong early on, but it might do him good from a physical standpoint, and maybe refocus him?

Again, I might not be the best critic due to mostly seeing highlights. I'm generally a radio guy and Dirk makes it sound like the defense is still fairly stout with the shot counts supporting it.

An aside to prior comments - Gould is quickly becoming a favorite on this team, very quick and a great awareness of the team around him for scoring opportunities
                        In Mel We Trust(ed)

Comment

Absolutely inexcusable how brutal the officiating has been in the 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Crocodile Tears View Post
                            I'll preface this by saying I'm not watching the actual game tonight - maybe these are just great goals....

After the past few weeks, is angus tired? Does he need a reminder there are other guys here as well? IDK? I watch games and he looks strong but as of late the goals seem to come a lot easier.

I hate to say we need to see Kero for a game or two, since angus was so strong early on, but it might do him good from a physical standpoint, and maybe refocus him?

Again, I might not be the best critic due to mostly seeing highlights. I'm generally a radio guy and Dirk makes it sound like the defense is still fairly stout with the shot counts supporting it.

An aside to prior comments - Gould is quickly becoming a favorite on this team, very quick and a great awareness of the team around him for scoring opportunities
                            Redmond has been hung out to dry on all 3 goals tonight. Considering he also stopped a penalty shot, he wasn't the problem this time. Lazy lackadaisical defense is the culprit.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                              Redmond has been hung out to dry on all 3 goals tonight. Considering he also stopped a penalty shot, he wasn't the problem this time. Lazy lackadaisical defense is the culprit.
                              Agreed, he played much better tonight than he did last weekend, he gave up a juicy rebound on the third goal, but that's about it.

Comment

Tonight's forward lineup scores 2.04 goals per game. Our forward group as a whole (including Leibinger) scores 2.06 goals per game. Not good enough. Our competition (WCHA and PairWise bubble teams):

Air Force: 2.57
                                Bemidji State: 2.06
                                Boston College: 2.71
                                Bowling Green: 2.12
                                Minnesota State: 2.37
                                Notre Dame: 2.68
                                Ohio State: 3.61
                                Omaha: 2.70
                                Robert Morris: 2.71
                                St. Cloud State: 2.36
                                St. Lawrence: 2.21
                                Vermont: 2.86
                                Wisconsin: 3.17

For teams ahead of us in the PairWise, only Miami's number (2.00) is worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X