Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    I don't see how they would even pay for the $500 league fee to carry the game. Nothing in it for them at all anyway.
    MTU, and hell even BGSU, could have their marketing departments (and I don't mean the academic version) chip in and buy the event from the WCHA, coupled with a donation to NMU WNMUTV to air said feed. WNMU TV gets a donation towards programming, MTU and BGSU now have three hours of advertisement time on the UP to reach to prospective students, connect with alumni, and [insert more buzzwords here]
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    I don't see how they would even pay for the $500 league fee to carry the game. Nothing in it for them at all anyway.
    Stop making sense.

Coach Emeritus
    Enjoying the arrival of the Broadmoor Trophy in 2017

Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    MTU, and hell even BGSU, could have their marketing departments (and I don't mean the academic version) chip in and buy the event from the WCHA, coupled with a donation to NMU WNMUTV to air said feed. WNMU TV gets a donation towards programming, MTU and BGSU now have three hours of advertisement time on the UP to reach to prospective students, connect with alumni, and [insert more buzzwords here]
    Not seeing a real ROI here.

TV6 explored using their 6.3 subchannel to shift programming from Fox, but the network wouldn't budge. They looked at moving the game itself to 6.3, but there's no way to run spots and the Tech control room is too concerned with billboard ads for Gary Jorgensen and Lake Accounting to be an actual TV control room.

I do agree that the return on investment realistically is zero. But it's not like Universities haven't spent money on wasteful marketing campaigns before.

If the interest is there, I'd at least like to have known that all avenues were tried. Then again, if the league doesn't care about televising it, why should we care?
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    I do agree that the return on investment realistically is zero. But it's not like Universities haven't spent money on wasteful marketing campaigns before.

If the interest is there, I'd at least like to have known that all avenues were tried. Then again, if the league doesn't care about televising it, why should we care?
    The league does care. Nobody wanted the game.

I see there are 2 reserved tickets for Saturday in section P below the pep band, unless the ticket office forgot to mark them off. It would be worth a call to see if they are available if someone was still looking.
    There are some standing room tickets still available.
    MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.

Quote Originally Posted by techcodemonkey View Post
    I wish I could be there, instead, I'll be listening to Dirk on my phone at a Wedding in Wisconsin, I mean, seriously?! Who has a wedding in March, in Wisconsin?! If they weren't family, I'd probably find a way not to go.
    Screw the family stuff, go to the hockey game.

Kind of like one of my family members scheduling a wedding over New Years weekend at the end of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker Dude View Post
    Screw the family stuff, go to the hockey game.

Kind of like one of my family members scheduling a wedding over New Years weekend at the end of this year.
    With a 50% divorce rate that's a practical decision. Ha ha. For real they should know not to get cute and schedule on hockey weekends or New Years. Just pick a Saturday in May like everyone else.

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    With a 50% divorce rate that's a practical decision. Ha ha. For real they should know not to get cute and schedule on hockey weekends or New Years. Just pick a Saturday in May like everyone else.
    Trust me, scheduling a wedding will result in it being the wrong weekend for someone...

Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Trust me, scheduling a wedding will result in it being the wrong weekend for someone...
    Dude, I apologized at least four times, including once to your mother!

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Quote Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    I'd prefer June, don't want a surprise snowstorm on your wedding day. Or do you?
    “At the end of the day, the Gov Cup is just a trophy,” UAA senior Jordan Kwas said. “I’d rather be in the Final Five every time over winning the Gov Cup.”

Matt Thomas' Record
    (2013-14) 18-16-4
    (2014-15) 8-22-4
    (2015-16) 11-20-3
    (2016-17) 7-21-6
    (Total) 44-79-17

2016-17 Word(s) of the Season: Medicore coaching for 24 years due to administration

Still upright

Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Same for a funeral.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    I'd prefer June, don't want a surprise snowstorm on your wedding day. Or do you?
    I remember snow at Shirtless's wedding, and that was **** near in June.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Really??!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I remember snow at Shirtless's wedding, and that was **** near in June.
    I was in Houghton around July 4th waiting on fireworks as the snow started to fall.

Quote Originally Posted by giwan View Post
    I was in Houghton around July 4th waiting on fireworks as the snow started to fall.
    Talk about a low budget.

Coach Emeritus
    Enjoying the arrival of the Broadmoor Trophy in 2017

Heading out for Houghton soon. I'm expecting to see a lot of Huskies fans on the drive thru lower Michigan and across the UP.

Let's Go Tech!

https://youtu.be/b2pR4xEX774

So this probably fits better in the B1G hockey thread, but I don't want to troll. Anyone else notice that the Big Ten tournament hockey logo at center ice appears to be a large blue dollar sign? Irony at its best.

Quote Originally Posted by oldish husky View Post
    So this probably fits better in the B1G hockey thread, but I don't want to troll. Anyone else notice that the Big Ten tournament hockey logo at center ice appears to be a large blue dollar sign? Irony at its best.
    I said the same thing the first year they had their tourney. It is quite ironic, to say the least!
    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

stuck below the bridge

Game day GO HUSKIES!!

Still upright

Let's go you Huskies!
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Thread Information