Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
    USCHO writers continue to impress me with how terrible they can be. In the Midwest preview they only list one championship for Tech and also claim we lost to Denver in OT in the WCHA Final Five in 2010, it was 2012.
    They're poorly paid or not at all, so the chances are that they just didn't spend any time on it. It is disappointing, though. It's a slip from the days when I wrote here.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      They're poorly paid or not at all, so the chances are that they just didn't spend any time on it. It is disappointing, though. It's a slip from the days when I wrote here.

GFM
      I would not have cared about only calling out the 1975 championship, but they listed all of them for DU...granted that might be because each of the 4 writers each wrote up a preview for one team...but yeah, I feel the $ sentiment. As much as I thought it was cool to do some CHN previews, etc, the way they want stuff written isn't my style and its ALOT of work for very little money.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Well, none of the CHN "experts" picked us to beat DU. That's a start.

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
          USCHO writers continue to impress me with how terrible they can be. In the Midwest preview they only list one championship for Tech and also claim we lost to Denver in OT in the WCHA Final Five in 2010, it was 2012.
          I believe standard practice was to only list the most recent title, but the author for the DU segment didn't follow that so it made Jack look bad on the MTU portion. WCHA Final Five was a typo, it happens to all of us.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Well, none of the CHN "experts" picked us to beat DU. That's a start.
            97% of all CHN brackets at one point had DU winning over MTU.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              I believe standard practice was to only list the most recent title, but the author for the DU segment didn't follow that so it made Jack look bad on the MTU portion. WCHA Final Five was a typo, it happens to all of us.
              Makes a bit more sense now, and yes, typos do happen.
              2005-2006: 7-25-6
              2006-2007: 18-17-5
              2007-2008: 14-20-5
              2008-2009: 6-25-7
              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

I'm not doing a bracket, nor did I do picks, but holy crap that's tilted. Looking at KRACH, I'd say that it's no higher than 85-15, so a lot of people could be upset with that upset.

[I did come up with a name for a 60-team rating system. I have to worry about BELOW first, though.]

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Where do you get these statistics?

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
                    Once you make your picks you can see them, here's first round:
                    Denver 96 % Minnesota-Duluth 94 % Harvard 79 % Minnesota 79 %
                    Union 45 % Boston University 38 % Western Michigan 77 % Mass.-Lowell 84 %
                    Penn State 55 % North Dakota 62 % Air Force 23 % Cornell 16 %
                    Michigan Tech 4 % Ohio State 6 % Providence 21 % Notre Dame 21 %
                    Last edited by stuckinwi; 03-23-2017, 03:24 PM.
                    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

CHN posted a tweet I believe with their distributions at that moment:
                      https://***********/chnews/status/844554931629633536

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                        Thanks!

WOW! I can't believe people are more confident in Western Michigan than North Dakota though.

Comment

Thanks!

WOW! I can't believe people are more confident in Western Michigan than North Dakota though.
                          I can because of the easterners...but I'm certainly not more confident in WMU than UND, but we're westerners.

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                            WESTERN BIAS!

I'll show myself the door...
                            In Mel We Trust(ed)

Comment

This is the time of year when it really gets fun.GO HUSKIES!
                              MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                              2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

• How balanced are the Huskies? Of all the players who have appeared in more than 15 games this season, only Cliff Watson and Thomas Beretta have yet to be named SNB Superior Player of the Game. Reid Sturos and Joel L'Esperance each have 5, and even Mason Blacklock for it once.

In all, 18 different players have been named to the spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X