Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Very shocked with this past weekends outcome. Was looking for the sweep and it seemed that way for a little over 2 periods on Friday, then everything went South so to speak. Things can go bad quickly as we found out.
    This is not the time of year to be making wholesale changes. We hit a bad patch the last few weeks and but it can be corrected. Worse thing to do is push the panic button. I have watched them play and they are a talented team. This team has heart just need to play a little smarter at times. Take it one game at a time from here on out and things will be fine.

It was surprised to see so many empty seats in Bemidji over the weekend. We do have the best hockey fans in the WCHA in Houghton. Now and for the remainder of the season we need to give the team our full support! Go Huskies!
    MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
    2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

I'm totally with you. Our players work incredibly hard, they do well in school, and they are a credit to the university in more ways than one. it makes me proud to say i'm an alum. I also want to say the coaching staff doesn't get the credit they deserve. They are gone a lot, and they spend innumerable hours on details and working to find ways to develop players.
    As the coach said, let's get back to working to get better. I'm for that. Tough weekend but we have some tough games ahead and we can't afford to dwell on things. Go huskies!
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

I wish Bose would get some medal for his bipolar. It sucks, and I'm disappointed in this season but we are far from a losing season. Redmond is coming back to earth and the forwards are slumping, oh well.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        I wish Bose would get some medal for his bipolar. It sucks, and I'm disappointed in this season but we are far from a losing season. Redmond is coming back to earth and the forwards are slumping, oh well.
        Bose just wants the team to win, but he always paints a picture of doom and gloom. Would not be a guy you would want on the team in the locker room. We all know this team can play better. They just need to move the feet and the puck a little quicker and not think so much about it. Just let the game come to you.
        MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
        2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
          Bose just wants the team to win, but he always paints a picture of doom and gloom. Would not be a guy you would want on the team in the locker room. We all know this team can play better. They just need to move the feet and the puck a little quicker and not think so much about it. Just let the game come to you.
          I know and I'm just a little sick of coming here and seeing the doom and gloom. The pairwise is gone, the mcnaughton is likely gone and now all we have left is to get things figured out, hope to keep the 2nd seed and win the tournament.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

In spite of less than great outcomes this weekend, we check off another goal thanks to help across the league.
            Ryan

MICHIGAN TECH'S PATH TO THE NCAA TOURNEY
            DONE - Secure WCHA playoff spot
            DONE - Secure WCHA playoff home ice, 1st round
            07 pts - Optional - Secure WCHA playoff home ice, 2nd round
            12 pts* - Optional - Secure WCHA Championship game home ice
            12 pts* - Optional - Secure share of MacInnes Cup
            12 pts* - Optional - Win Macinnes Cup outright
            * Need help as well
            J.W.B. - Mandatory - Win 1st round WCHA playoff 3-game series
            J.W.B. - Mandatory - Win semi-final playoff 3-game series
            J.W.B. - Mandatory - Win WCHA Championship game
            * J.W.B. = Just Win Baby!
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Very shocked with this past weekends outcome. Was looking for the sweep and it seemed that way for a little over 2 periods on Friday, then everything went South so to speak. Things can go bad quickly as we found out.
              This is not the time of year to be making wholesale changes. We hit a bad patch the last few weeks and but it can be corrected. Worse thing to do is push the panic button. I have watched them play and they are a talented team. This team has heart just need to play a little smarter at times. Take it one game at a time from here on out and things will be fine.

It was surprised to see so many empty seats in Bemidji over the weekend. We do have the best hockey fans in the WCHA in Houghton. Now and for the remainder of the season we need to give the team our full support! Go Huskies!
              Where were those "best fans" when Jamie Russell was the coach? Mitch's Misfits have always been among, if not the best student sections. But where were the rest?

Comment

I think the major thing the offense is missing is a setup guy. There isn't anyone on the roster who makes a linemate look better on a consistent basis. That's part of the reason that odd man rushes aren't more productive. The individual skills the forwards have are as finishers, and without a setup guy you're relying on individual effort goals.

Comment

I know and I'm just a little sick of coming here and seeing the doom and gloom. The pairwise is gone, the mcnaughton is likely gone and now all we have left is to get things figured out, hope to keep the 2nd seed and win the tournament.
                  Yeah, overall I like reading what the Tech fans have to discuss, but I get sick of his posts as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                    Where were those "best fans" when Jamie Russell was the coach? Mitch's Misfits have always been among, if not the best student sections. But where were the rest?
                    While it's a worthwhile subject, you have to remember we had years and years of losing. We paid our dues in spades, and people, even though they were fans, either gave up or were on the verge of giving up. But having a competitive team again, has allowed them to come back to the rink. I think even in coach Pearson's first year or two, the attendance was not that great because people were still skeptical.
                    Among other reasons, but I think this is the major one. Also you have to remember, there is pretty much no where in the US that's a bigger hockey community, on a per capita basis, than the Copper Country..
                    I'd defer to Huskyfan though, she probably has more insight than I do.
                    Last edited by manurespreader; 02-05-2017, 11:08 PM.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      While it's a worthwhile subject, you have to remember we had years and years of losing. We paid our dues in spades, and people, even though they were fans, either gave up or were on the verge of giving up. But having a competitive team again, has allowed them to come back to the rink. I think even in coach Pearson's first year or two, the attendance was not that great because people were still skeptical.
                      Among other reasons, but I think this is the major one. Also you have to remember, there is pretty much no where in the US that's a bigger hockey community, on a per capita basis, than the Copper Country..
                      I'd defer to Huskyfan though, she probably has more insight than I do.
                      It is a terrific hockey community, having grown up playing in the Dee & Houghton County Arena when it was first built, the Laurium Airpot, Bicentennial Arena, L'Anse when it had no walls and the Pelkie Fairgrounds, Copper Country hockey is special!
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Sad thing is, with the boxscore showing 3100 Friday night and almost 3500 Saturday night, those were two of the better attended games this year. But then again, Bemidji does have the highest ticket prices in the WCHA.... And the high school team had a game, albeit a road game, but it was a big section standings game and they do pull fans away from the College game.

Good series, I hope these two teams get to see each other again in the Championship!
                        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Medal or metal
                          2005-2006: 7-25-6
                          2006-2007: 18-17-5
                          2007-2008: 14-20-5
                          2008-2009: 6-25-7
                          2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Good thing I would never have a chance to be on any hockey team, lol. Love the sport but I absolutely suck at skating, and that's an understatement, anyone who saw me in that MTU members vs. NMU members game back in like 07 can attest to that.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                              There were always a decent amount of Tech fans at away games under Jamie, but yes, the Mac was on the empty side consistently, but I will have to agree with others, you can have the most die hard fans but after so much losing it just gets hard. I still went to as many home games as I could when I was up there from 2005-2010 and listened to all of the games I could on the radio after I graduated and still do. I will say winning makes me was to watch and listen more than I did in Jamie's last couple of seasons though.

Comment

Working...
                              X