Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 568

Thread: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

  1. #261
    lucky penguin
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    16,639

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    That's categorically false. If you were in the building - and dollars to donuts says that wasn't the case - you wouldn't have said that. Bowling Green actually had a decent number there, and if any school brought the most fans it was Tech.
    So put a number on it. How many fans would Michigan Tech be bringing to Cincinnati?
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

    Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

    Western College Hockey Blog

  2. #262
    sitting by the river lawdoggies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    WCCHA Land
    Posts
    222

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by MaizeRage View Post
    So put a number on it. How many fans would Michigan Tech be bringing to Cincinnati?
    ... yawn ... zzzzzz ...

  3. #263
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Enjoying the arrival of the Broadmoor Trophy in 2017
    Posts
    2,563

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Let's get them in the tournament first, slappy. Not really an argument otherwise.

  4. #264
    Michigan Tech Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,069

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by MaizeRage View Post
    It's a 14,000-seat arena in Cincy and you're talking about [BGSU / MTU] that couldn't bring 2500 fans if the game was played in their home rink.
    Well... except for the fact that Tech averaged 3000+ per home game this season and 4000+ for all games. Nothing like facts to wreck a good argument...
    http://wcha.com/men/statistics/1617/oaattend.php

    I think it is also pretty obviously that your home fan base are not the folks that are going to fill the seats at an NCAA regional. Yes, some die-hard fans are going to travel regardless of location, but most are alumni/fans that are local to the regional site. But hey, since we're talking attendance, kudos to Michigan for packing Yost with an average of 1600 more fans per game than Tech. I mean the population of Ann Arbor is only what, 10x that of the Houghton / Hancock metroplex? DU is the #1 team in the nation with a million people in their back yard and they only draw just over 5300, so I think anyone who is being honest would say the Huskies are doing darn well to draw 3000 at home.
    http://www.uscho.com/stats/attendanc...men/2016-2017/

    Ryan
    Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 03-09-2017 at 12:56 PM.
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

  5. #265
    lucky penguin
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    16,639

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    Well... except for the fact that Tech averaged 3000+ per home game this season and 4000+ for all games.
    And in a playoff series last weekend...?
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

    Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

    Western College Hockey Blog

  6. #266
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,012

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by MaizeRage View Post
    And in a playoff series last weekend...?
    why are you obsessed with digging on MTU?

    No one in the WCHA had a great weekend for attendance. Spring Break is probably the biggest culprit for MTU with going from 750 free tickets to students to having to pay for tickets AND choose hockey over spring break...seems unlikely...MTU actually outperformed Average Attendance (3049) less the free student tickets (750).
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

  7. #267
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Hoton
    Posts
    213

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by MaizeRage View Post
    And in a playoff series last weekend...?
    Triggered.

    Multiple choice quiz:

    Hockey is king in which of the following towns:

    A. Ann Arbor
    B. Hancock
    C. Houghton
    D. Calumet
    E. Painesdale
    F. B, C, D, and E

    The correct answer is?

  8. #268
    lucky penguin
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    16,639

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post

    The correct answer is?
    And that's fantastic for them. The point of the discussion was the NCAA putting Tech in Cincinnati for "attendance reasons," and I've asked multiple times for someone to give a ballpark figure on how many fans Tech would bring. The fact that so many refuse to do so is a pretty good indication of how small that number would be.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

    Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

    Western College Hockey Blog

  9. #269
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,012

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by MaizeRage View Post
    And that's fantastic for them. The point of the discussion was the NCAA putting Tech in Cincinnati for "attendance reasons," and I've asked multiple times for someone to give a ballpark figure on how many fans Tech would bring. The fact that so many refuse to do so is a pretty good indication of how small that number would be.
    Well what number is enough to push the needle? Do I need to say 5k to satisfy you? The point would be that MTU to Cincinnati makes sense over many other teams. Maybe it wouldn't push the needle enough to matter to the NCAA, but would expect at least 500 and 1000 came to mind.

    The Huskies filled their allotment for Fargo a couple years ago...granted most of us didn't stick around for the Championship after the way that thing ended...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

  10. #270
    Still upright
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Reims, it's in France.
    Posts
    5,947

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by MaizeRage View Post
    And that's fantastic for them. The point of the discussion was the NCAA putting Tech in Cincinnati for "attendance reasons," and I've asked multiple times for someone to give a ballpark figure on how many fans Tech would bring. The fact that so many refuse to do so is a pretty good indication of how small that number would be.
    ok, sigh, just to make you happy. Look at how many Tech fans went to the games that were down state this year. 6000 at each gli game, 1800 at each game at Munn, about 1200 at Yost,About 800 at compton, I've seen about 1000 at all the bgsu games, so a wild guess would be 2500 maybe a bit more because some of the students would go, I don't think anyone else would exceed that, not even OSU. Certainly not denver.
    And another thing while I'm on my high horse here. all these idiots who are talking about how they want this super atmosphere at the regionals and want super regionals etc to boost attendance. it's a myth. no one brings all that many fans. 2500 is a lot anywhere. And even if all 8 schools brought that many most people are taking off after their teams games are over, so there will never be this so called big time atmosphere anywhere.
    even in basketball the regionals are not well attended.
    Last edited by manurespreader; 03-09-2017 at 01:52 PM.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

    It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

  11. #271
    gfmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Madison, AL, USA
    Posts
    7,510

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    So I missed that a second thread popped up.

    Two things:

    1. Goodness gracious, Tech fans don't appear to know much about mental health. Some people do, in fact, take metal for their bipolar disorder. [hi]
    2. While I think that Tech-Mankato is a toss-up, I hope for an expect Tech to win. Nerd schools must stick together.

    GFM <— has strong opinions on WCHA.TV and the gong show that is the UAH broadcast, too
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

  12. #272
    Blistering Drive
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Maple Bush
    Posts
    424

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    Triggered.

    Multiple choice quiz:

    Hockey is king in which of the following towns:

    A. Ann Arbor
    B. Hancock
    C. Houghton
    D. Calumet
    E. Painesdale
    F. B, C, D, and E

    The correct answer is?
    D. Calumet obviously. Right JJM? Every hockey fan should experience a game at the Calumet Colosseum. The Copper Kings are in the semi's tomorrow vs Flint Powers.
    "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

    óBrett Hull

  13. #273
    sitting by the river lawdoggies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    WCCHA Land
    Posts
    222

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    All WCHA 1st Team - Matt Roy
    All WCHA 2nd Team - Shane Hanna
    All WCHA Rookie Team - Mitch Reinke and Angus Redmond

  14. #274
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Hoton
    Posts
    213

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by MaizeRage View Post
    And that's fantastic for them. The point of the discussion was the NCAA putting Tech in Cincinnati for "attendance reasons," and I've asked multiple times for someone to give a ballpark figure on how many fans Tech would bring. The fact that so many refuse to do so is a pretty good indication of how small that number would be.
    You were criticizing Tech's home attendance. 3000+ townsfolk (no kids as they were on break) to a game is pretty impressive in a small town. As far as how many Tech draws to a regional game, it's probably 3000 if it's near the footprint of our alumni base. Looking at how Michigan hockey draws is interesting when you look at the population within walking distance alone, and the fact that they are playing in an old basketball gym. Too bad Michigan's Admin and their alums don't take hockey seriously. It's a great game. You should watch!

  15. #275
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    south sioux city, ne
    Posts
    884

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by MaizeRage View Post
    And that's fantastic for them. The point of the discussion was the NCAA putting Tech in Cincinnati for "attendance reasons," and I've asked multiple times for someone to give a ballpark figure on how many fans Tech would bring. The fact that so many refuse to do so is a pretty good indication of how small that number would be.
    I sort of agree with your point, but I think your point is true almost regardless of school. The regionals are an attendance wasteland for a lot of reasons, not least of which is that it's the second travel week (following conference finals, for those conferences that play at "neutral" sites) of a possible 3 travel weeks (if you make the Frozen Four). But I think once you get outside of a 3 hour drive or so, no one is going to move the attendance needle. I wish the NCAA would quit even considering it, because it usually just results in one team getting really screwed (Hey, a flight's a flight! Trust us, Mankato people, Manchester's a lovely town!) just to make sure another school gets assigned to a regional where none of their fans will show up anyway.

  16. #276
    Michigan Tech Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,069

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by MaizeRage View Post
    And that's fantastic for them. The point of the discussion was the NCAA putting Tech in Cincinnati for "attendance reasons," and I've asked multiple times for someone to give a ballpark figure on how many fans Tech would bring. The fact that so many refuse to do so is a pretty good indication of how small that number would be.
    I just talked to the Tech sports marketing staff. Tech has committed to bring 20,000 fans to what ever venue they get assigned so the other teams' fans need not even bother applying for tickets. It will be 100% Huskies fans, standing room only.
    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

  17. #277
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    31,522

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    He's a smart guy. No one is suggesting though that the rink will be full, far from it, but I would think that either Bg or Tech would draw as much in cincy as anyone else, except maybe OSU and even then it would be roughly the same. We all know Denver doesn't draw and no one from the east will bring many fans. Personally Cincy is a terrible place for a regional. I would have much preferred it to be in Green bay, or Milwaukee.
    He's not. He's not a smart person. I work with marketing majors daily that are smarter than this state of Michigan embarrassment.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  18. #278
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    31,522

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Jesus. After reading this Dilks is more mentally challenged than I thought. I hope he finds a good group home that caters to his specific type of stupidity. Its too bad that some people just are not born with adequate reasoning skills. Which is why stupid people like Dilks should always be in our thoughts. He can't help himself, so the rest of us should help him.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  19. #279
    Michigan Tech Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,069

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Game Day - Go Huskies!
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

  20. #280
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    Game Day - Go Huskies!
    Oh thank goodness! Reading most of this page I thought the game was off and this forum had devolved into an attendance counting firm. Looking forward to following the games from Mavs country. I always like when these two clubs play. Always entertaining and Tech has the best fans in the league!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •