Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Originally posted by TECHFAN View Post
    So, is Tech required to wear their black sweaters or can they bust out the gold? I'm assuming Denver will be in white.
    I would assume so. Tech wore their golds in the 2015 NCAA tourney vs SCSU in black because Tech was the higher seed in that game. I can't recall any game when Tech wore the golds when they should have been the team in dark.
    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

If you are coming to Cincy and want to be in the "tech" section, contact Ashley DeVoge devoge@mtu.edu
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        PSU had some down games late in the year but they played really well at the end and have saved the best for last.
        No doubt they have won some games but they lost three games to Michigan and WI in March alone. Yes, they beat both of those teams when it counted, but PSU is a bubble team just like Tech that has fallen through the rankings for two solid months ever since the peaked at #1. Union who knows, I haven't seen them play.
        Ryan
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by TECHFAN View Post
          So, is Tech required to wear their black sweaters or can they bust out the gold? I'm assuming Denver will be in white.
          Gold isn't currently recognized as a "dark" color by the NCAA.

Any game the Huskies play the rest of the way will be in the black jerseys.

Comment

I was so frustrated with the embellishment call. A moment later Dirk was recalling the 1st period (maybe second, long game) 4 on 4 really went our way as the ice opened up and we had speed. And moments after that we pull off a huge stretch pass, breakaway and goal. Dirk called it.

Woohoo! Proud to watch the Mac explode last night. Brought back very old memories.
            Go Huskies!

Comment

Any thoughts on having a three-man broadcast team on the radio and webstream? Curious to hear how people thought that worked.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                Any thoughts on having a three-man broadcast team on the radio and webstream? Curious to hear how people thought that worked.
                I thought it was great. With Brent and Dave taking pressure off each other, neither had to talk when he had nothing to say.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                  I thought it was great. With Brent and Dave taking pressure off each other, neither had to talk when he had nothing to say.
                  Agreed it was a plus and better than the team of starman and saski.

I would agree that PSU was over rated through most of the year and yes they are probably a bubble team, but they really did play a lot better toward the end and they have wins vs tournament teams. As far as Union, I didn't watch them this year even once. Their fans think they will play Denver in the final.In fact pretty much everyone figures Denver advances easily.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Denver needs to be slowed down, take Butcher out of his comfort zone, can the 4th line get any ice in this game?

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      Agreed it was a plus and better than the team of starman and saski.

I would agree that PSU was over rated through most of the year and yes they are probably a bubble team, but they really did play a lot better toward the end and they have wins vs tournament teams. As far as Union, I didn't watch them this year even once. Their fans think they will play Denver in the final.In fact pretty much everyone figures Denver advances easily.
                      I have not seen Union play either. I did see Penn State play in Wisconsin earlier this year. Tech is way better defensively.

I think the winner of Tech vs. Denver will win the 2nd game and advance to Chicago.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                        I would assume so. Tech wore their golds in the 2015 NCAA tourney vs SCSU in black because Tech was the higher seed in that game. I can't recall any game when Tech wore the golds when they should have been the team in dark.
                        Ryan J
                        Oops...somebody grabbed the wrong Jersey bag leaving the MAC! Is Tech flying or bussing to Cincy?
                        Last edited by davyd83; 03-20-2017, 10:24 AM.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          Is Tech flying or bussing to Cincy?
                          The NCAA does all the travel. Since it's outside the 400 mile radius, I would assume that they will be offered a flight...and obviously accept it.

They're going on Thursday evening, and from my experience with NCAA flights they have a number of planes on retainer that are shuttling teams all over the country. Once they're done delivering one team, they go pick up another one.
                          Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 03-20-2017, 09:28 AM.

Comment

I think that it went very well.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

The NCAA does all the travel. Since it's outside the 400 mile radius, I would assume that they will be offered a flight...and obviously accept it.

They're going on Thursday evening, and from my experience with NCAA flights they have a number of planes on retainer that are shuttling teams all over the country. Once they're done delivering one team, they go pick up another one.
                              Yeah, they flew to Fargo two years ago. I remember seeing the pics of a Sun Country 737 picking them up from CMX.

Comment

Anything can happen in a one game elimination. Tech hasn't seen skill and depth like Denver all year. Penn State shoots from everywhere and Union is very offensive. They probably have the best offensive defenseman in the nation, Jeff Taylor. Win the special teams battle, get good goaltending, and let the chips fall where they may.
                                "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Working...
                                X