Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Yes.

Remember the year Elmira was preselected as a neutral site host in their downtown arena?

That year Elmira got an at-large bid when everyone thought they had no chance. It was very, very surprising. Very.

Elmira did end up making it to the semifinal round, but still...
    You may be confused with 2007 when national committee flipped Superior and Stout when Superior was hosting and Superior didn't get in while Stout probably would have. That was way worse than 2006.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
      You may be confused with 2007 when national committee flipped Superior and Stout when Superior was hosting and Superior didn't get in while Stout probably would have. That was way worse than 2006.
      No. I specifically was referring to the Elmira year. No confsion on my part at all.

However, you do point out another example.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        Good stuff, Norm.

It always amazes me to detect the breath of corruption around something as fundamentally insignificant as the D-3 hockey selection-process, but I suppose dirty politics exist even at the PTA level.

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-me-framed/
        Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Re: 2017 NCAA tournament selection thread

I miss the days prior to the Monday selection show when you would wait up sometimes to all hours of Sunday night to get the results from the smoke filled room. It was a lot of fun and the banter would continue all evening and into the night on the forum. It was a great time.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
            I miss the days prior to the Monday selection show when you would wait up sometimes to all hours of Sunday night to get the results from the smoke filled room. It was a lot of fun and the banter would continue all evening and into the night on the forum. It was a great time.
            The old AOL group chat room and d3west's cover it live were pretty great too.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              Yes. Remember the year Elmira was preselected as a neutral site host in their downtown arena? That year Elmira got an at-large bid when everyone thought they had no chance. It was very, very surprising. Very.
              That was the year the committee invoked the unpublished, and rarely used tertiary criterion ... team with the greatest potential to increase NC$$ revenues.

I wouldn't be ~at all~ surprised to see Utica in the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                That was the year the committee invoked the unpublished, and rarely used tertiary criterion ... team with the greatest potential to increase NC$$ revenues.

Once Trinity beat Hamilton, it completely killed the ability to invoke that criteria.
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                  Good times for sure. The thing that we now have is the ability to watch all of the league championship games. Yesterday was a hoot. In those days we'd be sitting around waiting for the word from the D3 Cell Phone Network
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    Good times for sure. The thing that we now have is the ability to watch all of the league championship games. Yesterday was a hoot. In those days we'd be sitting around waiting for the word from the D3 Cell Phone Network
                    After a while we could stream some of the audio and that helped. But I agree, even today we were able to watch the last two women's games and the CAC final that was a classic !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post

Well, 3 of the 12 teams will be anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours from the Aud with 2 others about 3.5-4.25(?) hours so I would guess that other criterion will not be invoked.
                      2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                      2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                      2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                      2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                      2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                      2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                      2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                      Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                      1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                        With comparisons that would have been as close as they would have been between a losing Trinity and Utica, that could have tilted the decision. I kind of think Utica would have gotten in anyway, but we will never know. Now, if Utica somehow still gets in, then I would call shenanigans.
                        I believe Shenanigans is a watering hole in the brewery district.
                        2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                        2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                        2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                        2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                        2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                        2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                        2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                        Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                        1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Adrian newspaper report from Saturday's game vs SNC...
                          Interesting note, near the bottom of the report, that Krug and THREE players will miss their first NCAA tournament game.
                          Heard earlier that it would be Krug and one player...

http://www.lenconnect.com/sports/201...-in-ncha-final
                          SNC Men:
                          Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                          NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                          SNC Women:
                          O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Adrian ice hockey receives public reprimand and suspensions...

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...nd-suspensions

Comment

Anyone got the Selection Show video link?
                              SNC Men:
                              Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                              NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                              SNC Women:
                              O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                                Anyone got the Selection Show video link?
                                The actual show link is usually posted on NCAA homepage close to showtime - here is the D3 hockey page where they also post the link. http://www.ncaa.com/sports/icehockey-men/d3

Upon further review...it will be posted there -> http://www.ncaa.com/championships
                                Last edited by LakerEagleLover; 03-06-2017, 07:21 AM.
                                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Working...
                                X