Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pete99race View Post
    UWEC is not in the 12...
    For real. If you're going to whine at least get the facts right.....
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Re: 2017 NCAA tournament selection thread

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
      UWEC is not in the 12...
      My error. Edited to correct.
      The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
        For real. If you're going to whine at least get the facts right.....
        For real? Replace it with Adrian, same results.
        The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Adrian being on the NCAA's **** list is a gift to UWSP, you can say a coach doesn't play the game and won't be missed. But after witnessing Plattsburgh's turnaround the coach can mean a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by peddler View Post
            For real? Replace it with Adrian, same results.

Adrians .741 WIN% is pretty statistically close to everyone but Endicott (.846).

Adrians RNK while at .214 is low, a team like Endicott is at .500 with ONE game. You play SNC three times and see how many wins you get. If the West had 10 ranked teams their RNK goes up.

Adrian has THE HIGHEST SoS at .541 which is statistically higher than your said Eastern screwed teams. ANYONE who has followed the rankings know how much SOS plays a role.

Augsburg has the same WIN, the HIGHEST RNK, and the lowest SOS, but like Salem St has no where to go in the first round or you would be screwing the higher Western team because Augsburg deserved to be in the first round? Makes no sense there either. The math doesn't work. The Western teams are ahead for a reason.

As you Norwich fans like to say, stop whining and win. At least the NCAA and your AD didn't strip you of a home game like Plattsburgh in which we were told to stop whining and play.
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              This, coming from a man who has admonished me on numerous occasions that "This is how D-3 does it, and we just have to live with it."

Bracket integrity and accurate seeding have never seemed to concern the committee very much. There's no justifying that, aside from invoking the distance-rule and the no-first-round-interconference thing -both of which are arbitrary constructs- and neither of which goes to actual statistical merit.

But, one thing that I just have to point-out is this: if you throw out the Salem and Platty AQ's, the KRACH predicted the field perfectly.
              I am aware of the procedures. The selection of the field followed the NCAA metrics exactly. I'm only observing that there were two possible brackets that fit the guidelines that the committee operates with. One of them would have byes for 3 East teams and 1 West team, while the other would have byes for 4 West teams, including two with metrics that are significantly lower than the 3 teams that would have earned byes under the other scenario.

My comments about the apparent seeding of Norwich not #1 was more tongue-in-cheek than anything else, although I am trying to figure out how the events of Saturday and Sunday would have jumped Trinity past Hobart in the rankings. I think that Hobart should have been seeded above Trinity.

It is also interesting to note that the women's tournament with 4 east teams and 4 west teams does have a flight with two inter-regional quarterfinal games and the Men's tournament has no inter-regional quarterfinals scheduled.
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeCostanza
                Indeed.
                Hacked!

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                  I am aware of the procedures. The selection of the field followed the NCAA metrics exactly. I'm only observing that there were two possible brackets that fit the guidelines that the committee operates with. One of them would have byes for 3 East teams and 1 West team, while the other would have byes for 4 West teams, including two with metrics that are significantly lower than the 3 teams that would have earned byes under the other scenario.

My comments about the apparent seeding of Norwich not #1 was more tongue-in-cheek than anything else, although I am trying to figure out how the events of Saturday and Sunday would have jumped Trinity past Hobart in the rankings. I think that Hobart should have been seeded above Trinity.

It is also interesting to note that the women's tournament with 4 east teams and 4 west teams does have a flight with two inter-regional quarterfinal games and the Men's tournament has no inter-regional quarterfinals scheduled.
                  Because if Adrian played St. Thomas, Gustavus or River Falls it would have required a flight. So to maintain seeds best as possible St. Thomas flew and Adrian stays on ground. Pretty obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
                    Because if Adrian played St. Thomas, Gustavus or River Falls it would have required a flight. So to maintain seeds best as possible St. Thomas flew and Adrian stays on ground. Pretty obvious.
                    Doesn't seem to be a priority in other brackets
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Adrians .741 WIN% is pretty statistically close to everyone but Endicott (.846).

Adrian has THE HIGHEST SoS at .541 which is statistically higher than your said Eastern screwed teams. ANYONE who has followed the rankings know how much SOS plays a role.

Augsburg has the same WIN, the HIGHEST RNK, and the lowest SOS, but like Salem St has no where to go in the first round or you would be screwing the higher Western team because Augsburg deserved to be in the first round? Makes no sense there either. The math doesn't work. The Western teams are ahead for a reason.
                      Actually Trinity has the higher SOS at .543, and a .650 RNK over 10 games against ranked teams. Your SOS weighting only goes so far, given that Augsburg is .002 from being the first team in 20 years to make the bracket with an SOS under .500.

The "reason" is not that the 4 Western teams are "better" than all the East teams. The "reason" is to create a bracket designed to seed the 8 East teams as though they were a separate bracket, and do the same with the West teams. This creates a scenario where they hope to have the top two teams from each region go to Utica.

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post

WIN
                        TRIN .700
                        HOBR .786

RNK
                        TRIN .650
                        HOBR .375

SOS
                        TRIN .534
                        HOBR .528

COP
                        TRIN 1.00
                        HOBR 1.00

H2H
                        .500 0-0-1

Secondary

WIN
                        TRIN .722 (closer)
                        HOBR .786

Last 25
                        TRIN 7-0-0
                        HOBR 5-1-1

Kinda easy
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

This creates a scenario where they hope to have the top two teams from each region go to Utica.
                          Sounds like a great idea. I'd say the committee nailed it then...

Comment

Actually Trinity has the higher SOS at .543, and a .650 RNK over 10 games against ranked teams. Your SOS weighting only goes so far, given that Augsburg is .002 from being the first team in 20 years to make the bracket with an SOS under .500.

The "reason" is not that the 4 Western teams are "better" than all the East teams. The "reason" is to create a bracket designed to seed the 8 East teams as though they were a separate bracket, and do the same with the West teams. This creates a scenario where they hope to have the top two teams from each region go to Utica.
                            Ummm no

Dated 3/6/17 at 6:13am Adrian is .541
                            Dated 3/6/17 at 6:14am Trinity is .534

I don't care about Augsburg. They are the lucky beneficiary of the Top 3 Western teams being ranked higher and travel concerns. Should we let Salem St slide into Norwich on a bye? No we would have them play a lower seed, Augsburg doesn't have that option.
                            Last edited by PSUChamps2001; 03-06-2017, 07:29 PM.
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                              Sounds like a great idea. I'd say the committee nailed it then...
                              As long as you don't mind playing an extra game vs a western team of similar caliber to get to the FF.

Comment

Ummm no

Dated 3/6/17 at 6:13am Adrian is .541
                                Dated 3/6/17 at 6:14am Trinity is .534
                                I should give up now, and wait for the Salem State game on Saturday

Comment

Working...
                                X