Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 NCAA tournament selection thread

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    Legitimate arguments for both options. In years past, it would easily be 4. Traffic on this forum isn't what it used to be, though. (It's RIT's fault... although really it's the Middlebury crowd who has died down...)
    Since I have to be away between 3:00 and 9:00pm MST, I won't contribute at the time, but I would just as soon see one thread so that I can see how the emotions played out over the course of the evening.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Now that you have said it, we can begin the rehabilitation.

BTW, one thread or 4 for Saturday?
      Uno
      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
        I think the person who. said that has a tiresome sense of superiority for a specific region.
        Considering the west has won six of the last nine national titles, I'd say any sense of superiority regarding the west over the east is justified.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
          Hartford. Pray for Plattsburgh.
          Hell no. I live in CT and me and a bunch of my Hobart classmates are going to go if its in Hartford... and 5 of us will make more noise than their whole crowd combined
          Hobart Statesmen
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          Boston College Eagles
          Providence College Friars

#EasternBias is the only way

Jack O'Callahan: "You know what Coxy let me ask you a question. Why'd you wanna play college hockey?"
          Cox: "Isn't it obvious? For the girls."

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
            Hartford. Pray for Plattsburgh.
            But you guys looked very, very good late this season. Either way we gotta get it done vs. Endicott this weekend
            Hobart Statesmen
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            Boston College Eagles
            Providence College Friars

#EasternBias is the only way

Jack O'Callahan: "You know what Coxy let me ask you a question. Why'd you wanna play college hockey?"
            Cox: "Isn't it obvious? For the girls."

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
              Considering the west has won six of the last nine national titles, I'd say any sense of superiority regarding the west over the east is justified.
              The East has won 8 of the last 14, also 15 of the last 22
              http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

• Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                Not looking to get involved in an East vs West debate because it's dumb, but two things to consider:

1- There are twice as many Eastern region teams
                2- Middlebury

Comment

• Originally posted by altazo View Post
                  Not looking to get involved in an East vs West debate because it's dumb, but two things to consider:

1- There are twice as many Eastern region teams
                  2- Middlebury
                  More teams or not and taking Middlebury out of the equation, the West still didn't have the record Vs. the East like now.

I would blast the Western folks back in the late 90s early 2000s with the simple phrase of "win something". It's time for the Eastern teams to shut up and win. I have zero issue with the Western teams getting the benefit of the doubt in todays hockey world.
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                    More teams or not and taking Middlebury out of the equation, the West still didn't have the record Vs. the East like now.

I would blast the Western folks back in the late 90s early 2000s with the simple phrase of "win something". It's time for the Eastern teams to shut up and win. I have zero issue with the Western teams getting the benefit of the doubt in todays hockey world.
                    +1
                    LakerEagleLover

Comment

While I understand the whole region/conference allegiance sentiment (especially being from Big Ten country where the Big Ten's representation and performance in the Rose Bowl is of utmost importance), it really doesn't make any sense. Teams, not regions, win championships. For me, bragging and taking pride in Trinity winning the National Championship two years ago because they were from the East is the equivalent of the Vanderbilt fan bragging about SEC dominance in football.
                      Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                        While I understand the whole region/conference allegiance sentiment (especially being from Big Ten country where the Big Ten's representation and performance in the Rose Bowl is of utmost importance), it really doesn't make any sense. Teams, not regions, win championships. For me, bragging and taking pride in Trinity winning the National Championship two years ago because they were from the East is the equivalent of the Vanderbilt fan bragging about SEC dominance in football.
                        Understand but cant completely agree. As a son of NYS I want at least one team representing our state in Utica. (yes even it its the Red Army)

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                          A single state (Wisconsin) has won 5 of the last 6 and has 9 championship game appearances this decade.
                          5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                          2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
                            A single state (Wisconsin) has won 5 of the last 6 and has 9 championship game appearances this decade.
                            I spent most of my business career enjoying fish frys, beer cheese soup and Leinenkugel beer from Bayfield to Beloit and everywhere in between...lovely people and beautiful state.
                            LakerEagleLover

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
                              But Vermont has better cheese....
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                                But Vermont has better cheese....
                                http://usccc.myentries.org/contest/results?event=60

Comment

Working...
                                X