Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 NCAA tournament selection thread

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    Does this mean all four western teams were ranked ahead of Norwich?
    No. Norwich was likely the No. 1 overall seed. as someone said below. St. Norbert and Stevens Point were probably the No. 2 and No. 3 overall seeds and they didn't want them to meet in a quarterfinal. Which makes sense.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
      geography should not determine a bracket. i see it clearly on their page but it is flawed and doesn't give credit where it is due.
      Used to happen in the west all the time, so cry me a river.

Comment

Originally posted by peddler
        How about we simply define this as "the East gets screwed" bracket?
        If Norwich cannot beat Salem State at home, they don't deserve to be in the Final Four.
        I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
          Don't be surprised to see all four western teams get byes into the quarterfinals. Might not happen but could very well happen.
          I don't want to say I told you so, but I kinda told you so.

Comment

Perfect! Sets up a Hamilton/Trinity rematch in the final

Comment

As a Norwich fan, we've had our little moment of surprise. Now stop whining. There was never a guarantee of a bye, so let's go thump Salem State and earn our way to Utica.

Comment

When do they release the final rankings? They are already done so there shouldn't be a holdup...
                Steve
                Penn State Class of '95
                Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
                  If Norwich cannot beat Salem State at home, they don't deserve to be in the Final Four.
                  This. It's not like they're sending Hobart or Trinity to them for the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
                    Seems like some karma coming against Adrian here that they won't have their coach and players against the team that the incident happened against, not to mention they received more suspensions against Point during the regular season as well.
                    Let's not forget that Adrian's men's hockey program is on probation as well...

http://www.d3hockey.com/releases/men...tal-discipline

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                      Perfect! Sets up a SNC/UWSP rematch in the final
                      Fixed that for you.
                      5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                      2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
                        As a Norwich fan, we've had our little moment of surprise. Now stop whining. There was never a guarantee of a bye, so let's go thump Salem State and earn our way to Utica.
                        alright, alright, whining has commenced. Better than being home like last year. Let's go boys!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
                          Used to happen in the west all the time, so cry me a river.
                          suck on a nub, you'll be fine

Comment

I've covered Norwich for 19 years and have earned the right to whine and I will for the next couple of days .... everyone in the East should be whining right along with me. Then it will be time to get back down to business.

Comment

Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                              how does it make sense to have other teams have an easier road to the playoffs over the #1 team? Riddle me that
                              "Easy" road in the playoffs? What are you smoking, and will you share? Is there ever an easy road in the playoffs?
                              "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                                I've covered Norwich for 19 years and have earned the right to whine and I will for the next couple of days .... everyone in the East should be whining right along with me. Then it will be time to get back down to business.
                                Whine with your 8 teams in to our 4. Go right ahead.
                                "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                                X