2017 NCAA tournament selection thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 NCAA tournament selection thread

You whinned and cried how pathetic it would be if Plymouth State got a bid last year. Comical.
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
      You whinned and cried how pathetic it would be if Plymouth State got a bid last year. Comical.
      They were unworthy via any metric, that why I "whinned", Einstein.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        They were unworthy via any metric, that why I "whinned", Einstein.
        They had 1 more loss and 1 less tie...and a higher KRACH SOS...

1 game makes a big differencein your world apparently....
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
          When they post new NCAA rankings on Tuesday, the links at the bottom (usually) update to the latest stats sheets. After a few days, they usually seem to revert to the 2011 stats until the next week's rankings.
          Got them. With age goes the memory
          The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            ?

Endicott has a ghastly SOS of 52 via KRACH, but when you win as many games as they have, giving them the benefit of the doubt -at least to some extent- is logical... There's no way to disprove they they wouldn't have an equally gaudy record vs. a much better SOS. And I'd make the same argument in favor of Norwich (SOS 28).

As far as the rankings go, I'm stunned that they still have Utica at #8. Even as a fan, I can't agree with that.
            SOS is 8th by the statistics used in the selection process.
            The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

• Originally posted by peddler View Post
              He flip flops more than Michael Jackson
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

They had 1 more loss and 1 less tie...and a higher KRACH SOS...

1 game makes a big differencein your world apparently....
                Than whom..? Utica, who wasn't even in the conversation last year?

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                  He flip flops more than Michael Jackson
                  Are you saying he should be more like the "Man in the Mirror"?

Comment

Originally posted by peddler View Post
                    As if that means anything.

The committee is not bound in any way to honor any specific metric, and I never implied that they were. Any attempt to make their assessment even appear transparent is to be barking-up the wrong tree.

They have carte blanche, period. And we just have to live with it.
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-21-2017, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      Than whom..? Utica, who wasn't even in the conversation last year?
                      Plymouth State. KEEP UP....
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Plymouth State. KEEP UP....
                        It's like "keeping up" Kellyanne Conway...

To state it simply, for your ease of comprehension, what I was asking is this: to whom were you comparing Plymouth in your post?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
                          I'm impressed that Amherst's D3 record managed to be a date.
                          It never fails that some piece of that information is formatted wrong, or relates to "2012", or is unavailable immediately after you look at it the first time (and fail to save it then).

Comment

As if that means anything.

The committee is not bound in any way to honor any specific metric, and I never implied that they were. Any attempt to make their assessment even appear transparent is to be barking-up the wrong tree.

They have carte blanche, period. And we just have to live with it.

You mean they could even use KRACH in their SOS calculations? No, tell me it's not so!

Comment

Originally posted by peddler View Post
                              You mean they could even use KRACH in their SOS calculations? No, tell me it's not so!
                              You must know that there is no way of discovering exactly how they determine their rankings, or maybe you don't...
                              Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-21-2017, 07:42 PM.

Comment

You must know that there is no way of discovering exactly how they determine their rankings, or maybe you don't...
                                Fortunately, I have not chosen to care about "discovering exactly how they determine their rankings". I actually spend my time speculating about who might be ranked where, how the bracket might end up, and whether I will end up in Utica in March, rather than worrying about "discovering" what goes on in the smoke-filled rooms of The Committee.

For as long as I have read and participated in this forum, I have also found it extremely sad to listen to posts that shout out the validity of their perspective as the only valid one. Especially those that denigrate others, or allude to suspicious conspiracy theories. It seems to requires a particular kind of insecurity.

Comment

Working...
                                X