Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power of the SCOTUS IX: The outlook wasn’t brilliant for the SCOTUS nine that day

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power of the SCOTUS IX: The outlook wasn’t brilliant for the SCOTUS nine that day

Continue(ance)

Our last thread ended with Handy saying:
    Dude your little love affair with the 2nd Amendment is ridiculous. There are way more important issues and standards than what a Justice thinks about guns.

Garland was a guy Republicans liked until Obama liked him. Just because he doesnt get alll tingly when he strokes an Uzi should have zero to do with whether he can be on the SC.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: Power of the SCOTUS IX: The outlook wasn’t brilliant for the SCOTUS nine that day

The only reason Garland didn't get a vote was because he was nominated by Blackpoleon Blackaparte.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      The only reason Garland didn't get a vote was because he was nominated by Blackpoleon Blackaparte.
      Bingo.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Re: Power of the SCOTUS IX: The outlook wasn’t brilliant for the SCOTUS nine that day

What happened to Blackula?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

First term
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...partisanship.

Comment

Sounds like the next Hamilton to me! Mike Pence should probably not attend
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Armadillo View Post
                Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...partisanship.
                The kind of partisanship that says Obama was secretly a Muslim from Kenya trying to establish a caliphate in the US, maybe.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Last I heard, this was still going to be blocked by the Senate...

Comment

Putting Garland's nomination aside, would anyone on here be very upset with the balance if Gorsuch is confirmed?
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      Putting Garland's nomination aside, would anyone on here be very upset with the balance if Gorsuch is confirmed?
                      What is with you and this balance? Nothing says it has to be 5-4 conservative for Christ sake. As someone already said, Scalia replaced burger. You'd have no issue with a fundie zealot replacing Ginsburg

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        What is with you and this balance? Nothing says it has to be 5-4 conservative for Christ sake. As someone already said, Scalia replaced burger. You'd have no issue with a fundie zealot replacing Ginsburg
                        That's actually a good test. If a liberal dies, would Drew oppose a conservative judge?

Well, Drew?
                        Code:

Comment

That's actually a good test. If a liberal dies, would Drew oppose a conservative judge?

Well, Drew?
                          Absolutely. I actually think Garland would be a good replacement for Ginsburg or Breyer if they were to get done during Trump's administration. I don't want to see Roe V Wade overturned.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Absolutely. I actually think Garland would be a good replacement for Ginsburg or Breyer if they were to get done during Trump's administration. I don't want to see Roe V Wade overturned.
                            your president and GOP congress does, and I don't think they will nominate someone like Garland to replace Ginsburg (May she live to be 120, Flying Spaghetti Monster willing). They won't be happy until they have a one sided court.

Garland wasn't going to take your guns away. At some point you need to step back into reality and give a **** about something else besides guns.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              your president and GOP congress does, and I don't think they will nominate someone like Garland to replace Ginsburg (May she live to be 120, Flying Spaghetti Monster willing). They won't be happy until they have a one sided court.

Garland wasn't going to take your guns away. At some point you need to step back into reality and give a **** about something else besides guns.
                              Trump could care less and it's not going to happen. He's pro abortion anyway. I don't want a one sided court, either way. If Garland replaced Scalia it would very much have been one sided.

Comment

Working...
                              X