• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.2 - Same arguments, different sides

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Holy ****.

Trump has lost NASCAR and Bill O''Reilly in one day

https://mobile.twitter.com/FoxNews/s...35762907688960
    Trump lost NASCAR. Think about that. Whoa. WHOA.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Armadillo View Post
      Huh. I did not know that.

Upon further digging, in 2011 the Acting Solicitor General filed a formal "admission of error," which negates the case as precedent. So that's good.
      I didn't either until Scalia died.

I'm still not sure that the solicitor general gets to overturn the Supreme Court.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Trump lost NASCAR. Think about that. Whoa. WHOA.
        That's a lot of deplorables!

Comment

Holy ****.

Trump has lost NASCAR and Bill O''Reilly in one day

https://mobile.twitter.com/FoxNews/s...35762907688960
          So he lost people who are creepy leches and those who are creepy leches to their sister?

I keed I keed!
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            You mispelled "Alberto Gonzales."

Bork (never an AG I don't think) actually had integrity, he was just bedbugs crazy. Gonzales was "I'll interpret the law any way you say, sir," right down to dignifying it with the farcical cognomen of "The Unitary Executive."

Bork was a fool but no charlatan. Gonzales was both charlatan and fool.

I hope Trump nominates Roy Moore tomorrow night. It's really the only thing he could do to continue raising the f-ckstick score of this administration.
            Bork had integrity? Remember the Saturday Night Massacre?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I'm still not sure that the solicitor general gets to overturn the Supreme Court.
              I don't think he "overturned" the Court per se, rather admitted the DOJ was in error, and the case should not be used as precedent.

Comment

Did Trump just lose the south?

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/1627498
                This was the NASCAR comment I was referring to if y'all missed it.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...ocracy/513872/

David Frum is one of my favorite writers at The Atlantic.
                  Frum is one of the valuable few conservatives who is displaying lucidity and integrity at a moment when it is desperately needed from The Right.

I first encountered him as a frequent guest on Bill Maher's HBO show Real Time, where I disagreed with nearly everything he had to say about policy. Right after this election, though, he articulated perfectly an idea I had been having -- that one thing this election has taught me is that The Establishment, for all its flaws and all the criticism it deserves, does have real and necessary value.

An especially poignant passage in the article DX linked -

The oft-debated question “Is Donald Trump a fascist?” is not easy to answer. There are certainly fascistic elements to him...Yet there’s also something incongruous and even absurd about applying the sinister label of fascist to Donald Trump...

Perhaps this is the wrong question. Perhaps the better question about Trump is not “What is he?” but “What will he do to us?”

By all early indications, the Trump presidency will corrode public integrity and the rule of law—and also do untold damage to American global leadership, the Western alliance, and democratic norms around the world. The damage has already begun, and it will not be soon or easily undone. Yet exactly how much damage is allowed to be done is an open question—the most important near-term question in American politics. It is also an intensely personal one, for its answer will be determined by the answer to another question: What will you do? And you? And you?

Of course we want to believe that everything will turn out all right. In this instance, however, that lovely and customary American assumption itself qualifies as one of the most serious impediments to everything turning out all right. If the story ends without too much harm to the republic, it won’t be because the dangers were imagined, but because citizens resisted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                    Frum is one of the valuable few conservatives who is displaying lucidity and integrity at a moment when it is desperately needed from The Right.

I first encountered him as a frequent guest on Bill Maher's HBO show Real Time, where I disagreed with nearly everything he had to say about policy. Right after this election, though, he articulated perfectly an idea I had been having -- that one thing this election has taught me is that The Establishment, for all its flaws and all the criticism it deserves, does have real and necessary value.

We desperately need some moderate republicans to stand up. Besides McCain

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      I don't know if I could associate myself with someone who is so pearly in to masochism.
                      I barely tolerate him. He's good for a few laughs, and that's about it.

Comment

Dont worry guys...we are mere hours away from joe and Sicatoka posting articles from real news sources like The Washington Examiner that will tell us that Obaama did all these things as did Clinton, Abraham Lincoln and probably George Washington. This is obvious liberal bias
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post

I think that's where I first encountered him. Now I enjoy reading his articles and watching him on Face the Nation.
                          Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

They don't. This is akin to someone winning a lawsuit, then admitting years later they shouldn't have. The case is still in the books, and the courts can still use it as precedent.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

If I'm working for the Executive, I give him/her my advice. The Executive then makes up his mind and I implement the policy. If I feel I can't, I resign. You don't backstab your boss.
                              Her boss that she swore an oath to was a piece of paper that says to protect against discrimination on the basis of religion from anyone, up to and including the president, you ignorant ****.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Armadillo View Post
                                The answer in such a case is for the AG to resign and go full-frontal...
                                Isn't that basically what she did? I doubt she had any illusions as to what her fate would be.
                                She had the courage of her convictions, and I think she deserves our respect for that.

To go back the Atlantic article again, Frum, while acknowledging the legal avenues and authorities available to the president, points out:
                                That statement is true, and it points to a deeper truth: The United States may be a nation of laws, but the proper functioning of the law depends upon the competence and integrity of those charged with executing it.
                                He goes on to say at the end of the piece, amidst a list of duties We The People must embrace:
                                Honor civil servants who are fired or forced to resign because they defied improper orders.
                                I agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X