Atlantic Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
    Air Force would have been 15th in the PWR if they had lost the AHC final. With Robert Morris and Michigan Tech as auto-bids, only the top 14 teams would have made the tournament.

Cite: I had the same question. https://www.reddit.com/r/collegehock...out_air_force/

Powers &8^]
    Now that you mention that, I recall it was a discussion topic on this board, too. So, 2012-2013 remains the only season that the AHC has had two teams in the NCAAs. Now, there is a goal for this coming season.
    Last edited by Snively65; 05-06-2017, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Re: Atlantic Hockey

Have been patiently waiting for Atlantic Hockey 2017 / 2018 schedules to be released, anyone know when we can expect them?

Was curious to see who may be slated to play the first game out of Bentley's new home rink, believe it is ready January 1st.....

Any Atlantic news to share, post it here!

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
        Have been patiently waiting for Atlantic Hockey 2017 / 2018 schedules to be released, anyone know when we can expect them?

Was curious to see who may be slated to play the first game out of Bentley's new home rink, believe it is ready January 1st.....

No date certain yet, but the target games are Army, Air Force, or Northeastern.
        Bentley University Hockey
        On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

As you noted in the Bentley 2017-2018 thread, the exact opening of such buildings is difficult to predict months out, although we hear that the goal remains sometime in January 2018. Did you view the time lapse construction YouTube video posted on the Bentley arena construction thread about a month ago?
          Last edited by Snively65; 06-05-2017, 10:15 AM.

Comment

I posted this in the transfer thread however seeing this is the Atlantic Hockey thread and it is very quiet these days I thought I would repost here.

Garrett Metcalf Leaves UMass Lowell to Mercyhurst Lakers.

Article on his departure...........
            http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...raft-2015-ushl

Twitter announcement of his destination...........
            https://twitter.com/cheiftendy?lang=en

The Salt Lake City, Utah native was selected by the Anaheim Ducks in the sixth round of the 2015 NHL Draft.

Metcalf played in just four games for Norm Bazin’s team (UMass-Lowell) in 2016-17, posting a 2.59 goals against average and .913 save percentage.

Mr. Metcalf would likely need to red-shirt a full season to become game eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
              No date certain yet, but the target games are Army, Air Force, or Northeastern.
              Huskies visiting Watertown (or Waltham?) on January 5th.

Comment

Other AHA dates regarding NU:

Sacred Heart plays at NU Oct 6/7

RIT hosts NU Oct 14

AIC at NU December 30
                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

(Slightly) shameless self promotion...I do my best to maintain a composite AHC schedule as other teams release their schedules and update with results throughout the season:
                  www.tinyurl.com/ahccomp

I also have a tab with a history of AHC schedule releases. Occasionally we get one or two schedules in May, but we usually start seeing them in June...
                  Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                  College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                  Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                  Men's Frozen Four 2010
                  Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                  Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

mar7967...I bow to your greatness....

What I love about the link is that you have documented when the schedules were released, I don't have to keep whining now I see I have a fair bit of wait ahead haha.

Blitz

Comment

At least RIT is on the ball releasing their schedule, the rest of us will just have to be patient for a little bit longer.

Comment

Well looks like Atlantic Hockey is close t finishing having their schedules completed and posted, only AIC & Holy Cross still having a few games to tally. We do know enough however to see who will be playing which Atlantic Hockey team four times this 2017/2018 season.

Unbalanced Atlantic Hockey schedule, opponents four (4) times.
                        AIC vs Bentley, Mercyhurst, Robert Morris, Holy Cross.
                        Army vs Niagara, Canisius, Sacred Heart, Bentley.
                        Bentley vs AIC, Army, Canisius, Robert Morris.
                        Holy Cross vs Mercyhurst, RIT, Sacred Heart, AIC.
                        Sacred Heart vs Air Force, Army, Holy Cross, Niagara.
                        Air Force vs Niagara, RIT, Sacred Heart, Canisius.
                        Canisius vs Army, Bentley, Niagara, Air Force.
                        Mercyhurst vs Holy Cross, RIT, AIC, Robert Morris.
                        Niagara vs Air Force, Army, Canisius, Sacred Heart.
                        Robert Morris vs AIC, Bentley, Mercyhurst, RIT.
                        RIT vs Air Force, Holy Cross, Mercyhurst, Robert Morris.

Looking over individual teams their opponents are split fairly well, nothing stands out like an overly easy or overly hard list in comparison to others.
                        Last edited by Blitz; 07-20-2017, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Well looks like Atlantic Hockey is close t finishing having their schedules completed and posted, only AIC & Holy Cross still having a few games to tally. We do know enough however to see who will be playing which Atlantic Hockey team four times this 2017/2018 season.

Unbalanced Atlantic Hockey schedule, opponents four (4) times.
                          AIC vs Bentley, Mercyhurst, Robert Morris, Holy Cross.
                          Army vs Niagara, Canisius, Sacred Heart, Bentley.
                          Bentley vs AIC, Army, Canisius, Robert Morris.
                          Holy Cross vs Mercyhurst, RIT, Sacred Heart, AIC.
                          Sacred Heart vs Air Force, Army, Holy Cross, Niagara.
                          Air Force vs Niagara, RIT, Sacred Heart, Canisius.
                          Canisius vs Army, Bentley, Niagara, Air Force.
                          Mercyhurst vs Holy Cross, RIT, AIC, Robert Morris.
                          Niagara vs Air Force, Army, Canisius, Sacred Heart.
                          Robert Morris vs AIC, Bentley, Mercyhurst, RIT.
                          RIT vs Air Force, Holy Cross, Mercyhurst, Robert Morris.

Looking over individual teams their opponents are split fairly well, nothing stands out like an overly easy or overly hard list in comparison to others.

On the contrary to me, based on last year's final standings, these 4-game opponents do not appear very balanced, perhaps to balance 4-game opponent distributions the past couple of seasons?

I added up points for each of the 11 teams against opponents ranked from highest (1 point) to lowest (11 points) based on last year's final standings to get the following total points, with the lowest number being the most difficult strength of schedule. So, Niagara, Bentley, and RIT have a tougher 4-game opponent schedule than do Holy Cross, Rob Mo, and Army, at least based on last year's final standings, in the FWIW Dept.
                          1. Canisius: 11+8+3+2 = 24
                          2. Air Force: 11+9+6+1 = 27
                          3. Army: 11+9+8+1 = 29
                          4. Rob Mo: 10+8+7+6 = 31
                          5. Holy Cross: 10+9+7+6 = 32
                          6. RIT: 7+5+4+2 = 18
                          7. M'hurst: 10+6+5+4 = 25
                          8. Bentley: 10+4+3+1 = 18
                          9. S Heart: 11+5+3+2 = 21
                          10. AIC: 8+7+5+4 = 24
                          11. Niagara: 9+3+2+1 = 15

Comment

If I remember correctly, the scheduling is on a 10 year random rotation. 3 of 10 years you play at other team only, 3 of 10 you play home only and 4 of 10 you play 4 games.

If this is correct, AIC has their 3 games at home vs Sacred Heart done, so we'll be traveling to them for at least 7 years in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
                              If I remember correctly, the scheduling is on a 10 year random rotation. 3 of 10 years you play at other team only, 3 of 10 you play home only and 4 of 10 you play 4 games.

If this is correct, AIC has their 3 games at home vs Sacred Heart done, so we'll be traveling to them for at least 7 years in a row.
                              I know its been dead for a while, but expansion would solve annoying schedule discrepancy!

Remember how close Navy was a few years ago? St. Anslem's (a self-proclaimed "hockey school") was close as well. Before the budget disaster put an end to it, Rhode Island was prepping to presumably use the AHA as a stepping stone to HE and join their other "big state schools" much like UConn did. Other natural fits could be Syracuse and Villanova. Syracuse might be a better fit for ECAC, but their women are already D-1 and they clearly have the resources. Villanova has a dominant club team and with the success of basketball driving revenue, they should be considered.

I know it's not remotely likely, but a guy can dream! Hockey is growing in popularity, nation - and world - wide. I'm curious to see who you all think could be the next team to elevate their program to D-1? Not just fits for AHA, but anywhere? Oregon was in serious talks back when ASU stepped up. Who knows! I know its expensive, difficult to maneuver with title IX, but there will be more schools considering D-1 hockey.. who do you think will be the next team to take it to the next level?

Or Bentley could just be the nice even number 12 for Hockey East in our flashy new barn

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

Originally posted by The Top Shelf View Post
                                I know its been dead for a while, but expansion would solve annoying schedule discrepancy!

Remember how close Navy was a few years ago? St. Anslem's (a self-proclaimed "hockey school") was close as well. Before the budget disaster put an end to it, Rhode Island was prepping to presumably use the AHA as a stepping stone to HE and join their other "big state schools" much like UConn did. Other natural fits could be Syracuse and Villanova. Syracuse might be a better fit for ECAC, but their women are already D-1 and they clearly have the resources. Villanova has a dominant club team and with the success of basketball driving revenue, they should be considered.

I know it's not remotely likely, but a guy can dream! Hockey is growing in popularity, nation - and world - wide. I'm curious to see who you all think could be the next team to elevate their program to D-1? Not just fits for AHA, but anywhere? Oregon was in serious talks back when ASU stepped up. Who knows! I know its expensive, difficult to maneuver with title IX, but there will be more schools considering D-1 hockey.. who do you think will be the next team to take it to the next level?

Or Bentley could just be the nice even number 12 for Hockey East in our flashy new barn
                                It won't be St. Anselm. They considered it when forced to by the NEHC's decision to limit membership in that conference to only D-III schools due to the NCAA's refusal to allow games against D-II schools like St. Anselm and St. Michael's to count in the in SOS for postseason seeding. However, the school decided against it. St. A's also considered dropping to D-III, but decided against that because of I think baseball.

As for Bentley joining Hockey East, it won't happen. You'd need a women's program, and you don't have one. However, Holy Cross joined women's Hockey East, announced this spring for a schedule that will start full Hockey East in fall 2018. They also just hired the former BU assistant, Katie Lachapelle, as their new associate head coach. Lachapelle has ties to the women's national team as well as a former U-18 assistant, so it looks like HC is committed to making their women's team competitive. I think the men want to join Hockey East, but need to figure out scheduling at the DCU Center first.
                                "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Working...
                                X