Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (2/3/17, 2/4/17)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (2/3/17, 2/4/17)

Discuss!
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (2/3/17, 2/4/17)

The possibility has been raised that, despite RPI's dismal record, they could still secure a home-ice berth for the first round of the ECAC playoffs.

If they are to do so, Friday night's game against Colgate is almost a must-win. Colgate and Dartmouth are currently tied for eighth place with 10 points, while RPI has six. It should be noted, however, that the Raiders have two games in hand vis-à-vis the Engineers.

Friday night's matchup between Cornell and Union will feature two teams that are likely to be in a bad mood, with Union having lost a close one to St. Lawrence on the road Saturday night and Cornell having lost both of two home games this past weekend against Harvard and Dartmouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
      The possibility has been raised that, despite RPI's dismal record, they could still secure a home-ice berth for the first round of the ECAC playoffs.

If they are to do so, Friday night's game against Colgate is almost a must-win. Colgate and Dartmouth are currently tied for eighth place with 10 points, while RPI has six. It should be noted, however, that the Raiders have two games in hand vis-à-vis the Engineers.

Friday night's matchup between Cornell and Union will feature two teams that are likely to be in a bad mood, with Union having lost a close one to St. Lawrence on the road Saturday night and Cornell having lost both of two home games this past weekend against Harvard and Dartmouth.
      Quoting Dr. D (Hi Doc!): Take the shortest route to the puck and arrive in ill humor.
      Let's enjoy this last month of the regular season. The opportunity is there...
      Last edited by fr. joe; 01-28-2017, 09:12 PM.

Comment

I'm really hoping the garbage officiating in Ithaca this weekend doesn't carry over to the Capital District. Cornell I can only hope will get back to good play on the road. I'll actually be at the game on Saturday in Troy.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post
          I'm really hoping the garbage officiating in Ithaca this weekend doesn't carry over to the Capital District. Cornell I can only hope will get back to good play on the road. I'll actually be at the game on Saturday in Troy.
          What, your team got sent to the penalty box more than twice, or was your opponent sent there less than 6 times?

Comment

It appears that I made my earlier post before USCHO had updated the ECAC standings to reflect Dartmouth's win over Cornell. The Big Green are now in sole possession of eighth place with 12 points.

Which, if anything, makes Friday's game even more of a must-win for RPI.

The Engineers and Raiders have had the two most anemic offenses in ECAC play thus far this season, with RPI scoring 33 goals in 15 games for an average of 2.2 per game, while Colgate has 25 goals in 13 games, an average of 1.92.

Which probably means the game will end up with a score of something like 8-6.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              What, your team got sent to the penalty box more than twice, or was your opponent sent there less than 6 times?
              Actually, both. Friday's game only had 3 penalties (2 on Harvard) while Saturday's game had 15 penalties (9 on Cornell) which led to 3 Dartmouth PP goals in a 4-2 win.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                Actually, both. Friday's game only had 3 penalties (2 on Harvard) while Saturday's game had 15 penalties (9 on Cornell) which led to 3 Dartmouth PP goals in a 4-2 win.
                Just brings back memories of the 2009 playoffs is all.

Comment

So I hear it's game day...

Comment

Working...
                  X