This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

$2.1MM locker facility coming for DU. Must be nice! Note that half of the 140 donors are former players. How's Maine doing on that front?
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
      $2.1MM locker facility coming for DU. Must be nice! Note that half of the 140 donors are former players. How's Maine doing on that front?
      Maine has a very good locker room and training facility. No need for an upgrade.
      Visiting team locker room is nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
        Maine has a very good locker room and training facility. No need for an upgrade.
        Visiting team locker room is nasty.
        I don't believe the locker room was really the point
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
          I don't believe the locker room was really the point
          Well i realize that. Who really knows whats going on with donors anyway, until they have a project funded

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
            Well i realize that. Who really knows whats going on with donors anyway, until they have a project funded
            The only project was the family that was willing to match a million bucks to start a scholarship fund. That was years ago. Still ain't happened. Not sure why former players aren't stepping up but it appears they arent??

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
              The only project was the family that was willing to match a million bucks to start a scholarship fund. That was years ago. Still ain't happened. Not sure why former players aren't stepping up but it appears they arent??
              Red started the Standbrook fund with donating a % of his salary. No idea where that one stands?

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                Red started the Standbrook fund with donating a % of his salary. No idea where that one stands?
                I think they've raised a few hundred thousand each year. Other than Kariya and Demoulas there probably aren't a lot of other alums with big money. I'm sure a lot of others do well, but life is very expensive nowadays and money goes fast.

Will Paul come back in September? I have a hunch that he will.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                  He donates 5% of his Salary.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    I think they've raised a few hundred thousand each year. Other than Kariya and Demoulas there probably aren't a lot of other alums with big money. I'm sure a lot of others do well, but life is very expensive nowadays and money goes fast.

I would be surprised if he did. And not a hunch but more or less in the manner he left the game. He has moved away from the game he was so good at.

Comment

• There isn't one guy on maine who makes that shot Harvard just made. Wide open net, bad angle

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        There isn't one guy on maine who makes that shot Harvard just made. Wide open net, bad angle

Maine doesn't have a skater like Harvard's Esposito either. He can fly with the puck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                          I would be surprised if he did. And not a hunch but more or less in the manner he left the game. He has moved away from the game he was so good at.
                          Correct. Word is he is completely done with hockey. Wouldn't even go to Selanne's jersey retirement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Howard (30 million ish) and Penner (22 million ish)have a few bucks laying around. Gus kicks up to $4 mil a year next yr too.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                              Howard (30 million ish) and Penner (22 million ish)have a few bucks laying around. Gus kicks up to $4 mil a year next yr too.
                              Yeah, but how much do they actually have left? Just taxes and agent fees eat up close to half of that. I'd be surprised if either one had more than $10MM or so in the bank. That's a lot compared to the rest of us but it has to last them the rest of their lives.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

These announcers already have Montgomery going to the NHL. Jeez...slow down a little...

Comment

Working...
                                X