This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Go for it you guys! Hey, I saw Maine (on a few occasions this season) play a great game against UConn at FF...put together a couple of those and you never know. And, having alittle faith doesn't hurt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKh6XxYbbIc

Good luck and as they say....'have a day'!!
    You're a hot chit ref !! . You just gotta believe sometimes. Good luck to ur cats also . Let's meet at the Gahdin like the old days, whaddya say ?
    Last edited by all bear; 03-02-2017, 03:00 PM.
    sure why not

Comment

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Originally posted by all bear View Post
      You're a hot chit ref !! . You just gotta believe sometimes. Good luck to ur cats also . Let's meet at the Gahdin like the old days, whaddya say ?
      Aww...I do what I can! Let's hope our teams have some belief this weekend. And yeah, let's meet at the Gahdin I'm buying!! (but we get to win, 'k?)
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
        The WCHA does the right thing by only allowing the top 8 teams in their tournament. Alabama Huntsville and UAA have finished their seasons too.
        Apologies. I stand corrected. Thank you.

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        If there are going to be AQ's, at least award them to the RS champions.

And it's really the case that only one D-1 team is eliminated now..? Wow, that fact just makes a complete mockery of the nearly 2000 RS games played so far.
        It's about half that number of games. 60 teams playing 16 or 17 home games on average.
        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
          Apologies. I stand corrected. Thank you.

It's about half that number of games. 60 teams playing 16 or 17 home games on average.
          I was referring to the 1800 or so RS games played by D-1 as a whole, and how all those games haven't winnowed-out the field much at all. I agree with you that it doesn't make any real sense to run it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            Well done Blaine Byron second team hockey east. He had a great season and it is thoroughly deserved.
            He's really had a great career at Maine. I could see it coming during his first game in Blue. He's the only guy on this year's team that I could imagine having more than a cup of coffee at the next level.

Comment

FYI, preview of the series from the Burlington Free Press:

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/s...aine/98664484/

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                FYI, preview of the series from the Burlington Free Press:

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/s...aine/98664484/
                Thanks. Here is the reciprocal article from Bangor Daily News. More about UMaine freshmen than this matchup in particular.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/03/0...layoff-series/
                UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

This weekend represents a great opportunity for the team. Put it all together and come away with two wins and get that road game monkey off their back.

Go Blue.

Should have made the rd trip!

Comment

Maine win on Friday, OT loss on Saturday and UVM win on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      I was referring to the 1800 or so RS games played by D-1 as a whole, and how all those games haven't winnowed-out the field much at all. I agree with you that it doesn't make any real sense to run it that way.
                      You're counting each game twice. Once for the home team and again for the away team. Think of HE play. Maine played two games against BU. BU played two games against Maine. How many total games were played?? Your math says four. My math says two. What is the correct answer?
                      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

After the way last few weeks have gone am happy to see Maine go down 1-0.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          After the way last few weeks have gone am happy to see Maine go down 1-0.
                          How ya feelin about 3-0? ;-)

Comment

Red's gotta go!

Comment

Maine hasn't won a road game all year. Now they have to win two straight. Quite surprised really by their performance tonight. I think most everyone thought it would be a bit closer.

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post
                                Red's gotta go!
                                He coached my former HS hockey team, the Bobwhites. Story is he was a hardass and always had the most feared team in the state of VT. I wonder if he's stopped really caring, if he's gotten soft, or if he's just out if his pay grade. Either way, UVM looked convincingly better tonight, despite missing our rookie phenom and leading point scorer.

Comment

Working...
                                X