X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I think Maine will be pretty happy with their draw in the Hockey East tournament. If Umass could have scored one more goal last night Maine would have had to play Providence who they would have had no chance against. I'd give Maine somewhere between a 20-30% chance of getting past Vermont and a 15-20% chance against UML. UML is much better than playing BU or Notre Dame but probably not as good as playing BC. I hope Red sticks with the rotation in goal.
    What? Maine has 12 points and UMass has 5 points...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      What? Maine has 12 points and UMass has 5 points...
      It would have changed 5 and 6th place
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        I think Maine will be pretty happy with their draw in the Hockey East tournament. If Umass could have scored one more goal last night Maine would have had to play Providence who they would have had no chance against. I'd give Maine somewhere between a 20-30% chance of getting past Vermont and a 15-20% chance against UML. UML is much better than playing BU or Notre Dame but probably not as good as playing BC. I hope Red sticks with the rotation in goal.
        UVM fans are saying one of there better players may be out? That can't hurt

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Ok..got it.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            UVM fans are saying one of there better players may be out? That can't hurt
            Can only hope, but the road woes are hard to shake off.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
              To flip the finishes UVM had to win also. Even a UVM tie would not have done it. PC had the tie 2nd tie breaker in that instance
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                To flip the finishes UVM had to win also. Even a UVM tie would not have done it. PC had the tie 2nd tie breaker in that instance
                I was guessing ,

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                  Yeah, I read the score wrong and thought UVM had won.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    Cedric Lacroix just took one of the dumbest penalties I have ever seen. Northeastern will surely score on the 5x3.
                    Lacroix has taken many such penalties this season. It's a matter of discipline which this team lacks.

Comment

Saturday's game sure was fun, hopefully they can use that momentum to carry them into the series against Vermont. Do you think they give McGovern another shot in the playoffs or do they roll with Matty Mo?

Comment

Hate to be heretical again, but...

Say Maine shot massive bolts of blue lightning out its heinie, and somehow finagled the Hockey East AQ.. Would that make any of us feel as though this program has turned a corner?

Nope.

Just as soon see UVM get into the NCAAs, to be honest. The more HEA teams in there, the better, and Maine doesn't even deserve a sniff in the first place.

Not being disloyal, just being fair here. Face it, Maine has no business even being in the mix.
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-26-2017, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Say Maine shot massive bolts of blue lightning out its heinie, and somehow finagled the Hockey East AQ.. Would that make any of us feel as though this program has turned a corner?

Nope.

Just as soon see UVM get into the NCAAs, to be honest. The more HEA teams in there, the better, and Maine doesn't even deserve a sniff in the first place.

Not being disloyal, just being fair here. Face it, Maine has no business even being in the mix.
                          What difference does it make how many teams from Hockey East get in? UVM is a long shot even if they do beat Maine. Maine had a lead in 16 of the 22 league games so the notion that they got blown away in most of the games doesn't exactly match reality.

Comment

Nope.

You play the games on the ice, if Maine wins they deserve to be where they are. Same with if/when they lose . I doubt Maine wins a series but I sure would love to see it

Comment

Nope.

I tend to agree with you. Expanding the conference tournament to make all teams eligible diminishes the regular season achievement and performance. It's really all about making money for the teams and league. Using the PWR system any team defeating either Maine or UMass in Hockey East post season play would likely drop in the rankings. A team like Vermont who is on the bubble probably isn't rewarded by playing a lesser team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                                I tend to agree with you. Expanding the conference tournament to make all teams eligible diminishes the regular season achievement and performance. It's really all about making money for the teams and league. Using the PWR system any team defeating either Maine or UMass in Hockey East post season play would likely drop in the rankings. A team like Vermont who is on the bubble probably isn't rewarded by playing a lesser team.
                                You'd have a tough time convincing me the sixth place team in Hockey East is very deserving of a place in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X