X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    Umass has been at the bottom of the league for quite some time. The administration hasn't really supported the program. I see a possible change coming with the hire of Greg Carvel a year or so a go. Next year will be a defining year for them in my opinion. They could possibly finish ahead of Maine.
    I think we will see UMass start to improve and leave Maine solo in the cellar.
    I couldn't believe the game summary when I looked this morning, I'm really empathetic for players.
    The five goal estimate was awesome, nailed it!!

This whole Red thing is just discouraging at this point, and two more years at least.
    You know the worst part, I won't at all be surprised to see him get a year extension come Nov/Dec.
    Catastrophic.

Comment

1-0 Northeastern after 18 seconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        1-0 Northeastern after 18 seconds.
        1 1, nice shot off face off by vesey. Pearson with assist
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
          1 1, nice shot off face off by vesey. Pearson with assist
          Pearson from cam and blaine 2 2

Comment

Pearson from cam and blaine 2 2
            Maines team d is so bad

Comment

Maines team d is so bad
              What a rush by byron, 3 3 now

Comment

Cedric Lacroix just took one of the dumbest penalties I have ever seen. Northeastern will surely score on the 5x3.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

*** is wrong with the referees? Maine had 5x3 killed until refs call an unnecessary offsides on Northeastern.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    *** is wrong with the referees? Maine had 5x3 killed until refs call an unnecessary offsides on Northeastern.
                    5 4 maine, vesey with hatter

Comment

What a win! They should have done much better this season but I really do love this team and Maine has had very few that have worked harder.

Comment

Can't say this weekend wasn't entertaining hockey. Good games. Good win. Good luck in the playoffs.
                        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

5 4 maine, vesey with hatter
                          Nice win, congrats to the seniors on their final night in alfond

Comment

Another weekend where Maine had a chance to win 2 and didn't. At least they won one though. Off to UVM, like to see them win one on the road but have little expectations for that. I agree with Drew the team plays hards most every night but just doesn't have "it". Vesey and Pearson had great weekends as did Byron. Matty played well last night, letting guys camp out on the corner of the crease didn't help him much. its a shame Red can't get these guys to play better D, it seems guys are out of position a lot. Still not enough depth as 4th line rarely played friday, they played more on Saturday. Oh yeah, still too many stupid penalties although I question a few of the calls last night.

Comment

Very fun game to attend last night, glad to see maine close one out. Been a while since we watched such a game, Quinn.that ended well.

Hopefully it will give them a jump going to vt. Maine could be a spoiler.

Comment

I think Maine will be pretty happy with their draw in the Hockey East tournament. If Umass could have scored one more goal last night Maine would have had to play Providence who they would have had no chance against. I'd give Maine somewhere between a 20-30% chance of getting past Vermont and a 15-20% chance against UML. UML is much better than playing BU or Notre Dame but probably not as good as playing BC. I hope Red sticks with the rotation in goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X